I meet a man and i want to help him.

urbana

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2012 11:23 pm
Okay well im new to this website but it seems like a good place to get advice. I recently meet a man. He is only a friend and he seems like a great person. He just got out of jail 1 month ago but i treat him just like i would treat any other person because his past does not make him a bad guy. I want to help him and change his life but just as friends because i have a boyfriend. my boyfriend doesnt know about it and i meet this man at a friends party

roger

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 01:14 am
@urbana,
My first thought is that the more you do for this person, the more you feel you owe him. Yes, you can help him now, and the more you do, the more difficult it will be to turn him loose later.

I will advise you to stay as far away as possible. I know this is not what you were hoping to hear.
Manss

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 02:15 am
@urbana,
Before you do help him be sure about him. Try to know him more ( without he is noticed ) , examine him whether he has been changed or no. Usually such persons are not trusty many and may does misuse others for their own aim. However be careful as you are showing mercy to him
roger

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 02:50 am
@Manss,
Yes, I believe caution is advisable.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 07:05 am
@urbana,
Firsdtly, welcome to A2K. You might want to prepare yourself as people here express themselves freely. Be forewarned as some folks here can be very direct. Things can be said that you may not or are ready to hear.

You're to be commended for wanting to befriend him. However, go slowly as he needs to prove himself, find a job, pay bills, etc. He is best served by gaining back his self-respect, getting used to his new life and being self-reliant. If you want him as your new friend, do so cautiously. Being emotionally supportive is the best way. There are parole officers, some social agencies and social workers who may help him best with job finding, apartment hunting, etc., than you can.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 07:43 am
He's a wounded bird, kiddo. You feel sorry for him. He's needy, perhaps fixable. He's a challenge.

Some girls find this very attractive.

You need to really discover WHY you are so drawn to him.

Get a puppy, instead.

BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 08:52 am
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
Get a puppy, instead.

Could not agree with you more........
jespah

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 10:14 am
Yep. This looks like a project, not a pal.

And your boyfriend doesn't know? Are you hiding something, perchance? Hint - any time you feel you need to hide something, it means something is making you feel guilty or squeamish. It's an inner voice. Don't shout it down. Listen to it.
BillRM

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2012 02:05 pm
@BillRM,
I wish Robert would list the voters for postings as so many times you just need to shake you head in wonderment as a post that is just agreeing with an earlier post had a vote down of one and yet the post that were being agree with had a vote up of three.
0 Replies

urbana

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:54 pm
@roger,
Yes i will take all these advice into consideration. thank you so much
0 Replies

urbana

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2012 08:57 pm
@jespah,
Yes that's very true. I should talk to my boyfriend about this and i don't feel he's a project. I just want him to know that he is equal to everyone else. Thank you so much for your time and advice
0 Replies