If The Election Ends In A Tie

djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:11 am
should the two candidates fight it out Thunderdome style?
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/cspg/peea/images/mad-max-thunderdome.jpg
two men enter, one man exits

who would win?

JPB

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:14 am
I think Paul Ryan would be the last man standing.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:14 am
Bow tie or necktie?
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:17 am
i'd give the edge to Obama

sure he's the dweebiest black man since Urkel, but he's wiry and plays basketball so he's probably got some moves

i can't imagine Romney has ever been in a fight, it's alleged he bullied a presumed gay kid back in the day, but that seems to be a case of privileged douchebags ganging up on somebody
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:19 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Bow tie or necktie?

wait, is Paul Simon back in the race
http://uncw.edu/troubledwaters/media/cast/Simon.jpg
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:20 am
@djjd62,
Yeah, but then Romney would pass off to his second and a fresh Ryan would probably defeat Obama and he'd definitely whip Biden's ass.

On second thought... maybe Biden has some scrap in him.
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:26 am
@JPB,
biden's a philly guy, he's probably been in a fight or two

i once heard him described as looking like the sort of guy who'd punch you in the face, because he thinks you look like the guy who punched his cousin

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:33 am
@djjd62,
I've got a better idea, let's put Congress in the Thunderdome and only let one of them leave.
djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:36 am
@rosborne979,
i'm pretty sure i've suggested that in the past on some political thread or another
JPB

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:39 am
@rosborne979,
Yes!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:43 am
@djjd62,
yep i have

from The impending Government Shutdown thread

djjd62 wrote:
i'd much rather there was an impending government showdown, sort of like thunderdome, build a big steel cage, fill it full of weapons (no firearms, hand to hand combat only, knives, swords, axes, spears etc), throw all the politicians in and have them fight to the death, last man standing gets to set policy

and in Is This Going Too Far

djjd62 wrote:

that won't solve anything

now my idea would be great, after each election*, lock every politician in washington in a cage (think thunder dome), no guns, hand to hand weapons only (knives, spears, swords, clubs etc), and they fight to the death, last man standing gets to set policy for the next four years

* you'd have to get rid of that staggered election crap, everyone elected would have to be elected at the same time

jcboy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:07 am
If it ends in a tie a small child will be eaten by a Moose. And it will be a good, quiet child not an obnoxious one you wish would be eaten by a Moose. Cool
jespah

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:25 am
@jcboy,
I'll have whatever you're smokin'.
Ragman

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:31 am
@jcboy,
Bullwinkle? Not our Bullwinkle Moose.
jcboy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:32 am
@jespah,
If Romney wins I may have to take up smoking. Razz
jcboy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:36 am
@Ragman,
Nope, one of these guys Cool

http://rolloverhitler.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/RomneyHunted2.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:36 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

If Romney wins I may have to take up smoking. Razz

But aren't you already smoking JC?

Preemptive bad joke counterattack move:
jcboy

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:37 am
@tsarstepan,
Nope, never smoked before, not even once. Cool
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:50 am
@djjd62,
Quote:
i'd much rather there was an impending government showdown, sort of like thunderdome, build a big steel cage, fill it full of weapons (no firearms, hand to hand combat only, knives, swords, axes, spears etc), throw all the politicians in and have them fight to the death, last man standing gets to set policy

He will need a blood transfuion and some intensive care before he's ready for that. It has to be a man because women wouldn't get in the cage on the excuse that they had to run along home to do the dishes and some dusting,

And policy made by a bloke in that state won't lower us down the Fiscal Cliff gently enough.

Better to have a beauty contest then jespah can win. She's good on policy when she's swishing a cane about so imagine her as Commander in Chief.

They are supposed to be trying the ladies in Iceland but I haven't heard a word about it since it was announced at the time the blokes were having the hot flushes overmuch.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:57 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
Nope, never smoked before, not even once.

Gee!!!! You mean to say that you have never rolled off exhausted, reached onto the bedside table, tapped the pack, flipped the gold lighter, sucked hard and deep and laid back on the pillow calculating how to get out of there as fast as maintains the dignity of whoever it may concern.

Man--you haven't lived.