Watching The Election Returns On Tuesday Night

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:34 pm
@Ragman,
You're right, but a surprise would make the swing states more likely.
0 Replies

parados

CBS just called New Hampshire for Obama
sozobe

@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Need a big swing state called for Romney to keep hope alive.

Yes.

Who called WI? CNN hasn't yet.
JPB

@Finn dAbuzz,
And he needs to hold on in FL which isn't a given at this point.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:35 pm
@sozobe,
nbc did
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Looks like the Democratic Senate seat vacated by retiring Jeff Bingaman (NM) Is going to stay democratic.

Heinrich (D) was a mediocre candidate and ran a mediocre campaign. I'm surprised he is doing so well.
0 Replies

parados

@parados,
Fox called Wisconsin for Obama. CBS hasn't called it yet.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:36 pm
@sozobe,
Fox called WI, but you know they're in the tank for Romney.
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Heh!

OK, well cool!

Meanwhile, FB exploded a little bit ago with the news that the Ohio senate race has been called for Sherrod Brown. That's big news (and not just because I shook the guy's hand yesterday). Josh Mandel, his opponent, had a ton of outside help and money and was thought to have a real chance at unseating Brown.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:38 pm
OBAMA

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:39 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Heh!

OK, well cool!

Meanwhile, FB exploded a little bit ago with the news that the Ohio senate race has been called for Sherrod Brown. That's big news (and not just because I shook the guy's hand yesterday). Josh Mandel, his opponent, had a ton of outside help and money and was thought to have a real chance at unseating Brown.

Damn, I'm jealous, Brown rules

Cycloptichorn
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I like him! Did you see the video of him dancing to Jay-Z? (I was doing the same dance, thank god nobody had a video camera.) (I hope nobody had a video camera.)

Florida info, maybe no recount:

Nate the great wrote:
In every presidential election since 1960, the candidate who prevailed in Florida’s Hillsborough County, home to Tampa, has also prevailed in Florida. There is no guarantee that the pattern will hold in 2012, but the Tampa region is critical in carrying the Sunshine State (which is why the Republican Party held their national convention there this year).

More than 80 percent of the vote has been reported in Hillsborough, and President Obama leads Mitt Romney by five percentage points. Mr. Obama, as we have written, is likely getting a push from Florida’s fast-growing Hispanic community. In Hillsborough, Hispanic residents have grown by 71 percent since 2000, now accounting for a quarter of the county’s population.

Mr. Obama is also leading in another Florida bellwether, Pinellas County, Hillsborough County’s western neighbor. In Pinellas, 99 percent of the vote has been reported, and Mr. Obama is edging out Mr. Romney 52 percent to 47 percent.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:43 pm
Elizabeth Warren wins!!!

I am exceedingly happy at this turnout. Exceedingly.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:43 pm
Elizabeth Warren (MA) has just been projected the winner between herself and Scott Brown.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:46 pm
@sozobe,
GOP keeps the House, but no real surprise there.
MMarciano

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:46 pm
Obama is back up by 20,000 votes or so in Florida. And yes Elizabeth Warren has defeated Scott Brown in Massachusetts for the Senate.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

GOP keeps the House, but no real surprise there.

I really have no idea why there was zero discussion about the House this cycle.

Cycloptichorn
engineer

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:51 pm
@sozobe,
But Nate also wrote that his model has Obama winning by 0.02% of the vote.

Nate wrote:
In the final pre-election forecast at FiveThirtyEight, the state of Florida was exceptionally close. Officially, Mr. Obama was projected to win 49.797 percent of the vote there, and Mr. Romney 49.775 percent, a difference of two-hundredths of a percentage point.

The last time a FiveThirtyEight forecast had projected such a close race was in the 2008 senate race in Minnesota, when our final pre-election forecast had given the Democrat, Al Franken, a nominal 0.1-point lead over the Republican incumbent, Norm Coleman. That race ended in a recount, with Mr. Franken winning after several months of ballot counting.
raprap

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 08:51 pm
Tea Partyer Mourdock loses a safe GOP senate seat in Indiana. Donnelly is the projected wnner.

Rap
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)