JPB

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:02 am
A very nice night all around!
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:43 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Wish the lesser evil was less evil, though!

I know. My advocacy for Jill Stein and the Green Party didn't get through to the majority of American voters. Sorry about that. Maybe next time.
Builder

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:54 am
@Thomas,
Good onya Thomas. I was spruiking for Jill all over the shop myself.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:09 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

dlowan wrote:
Wish the lesser evil was less evil, though!

I know. My advocacy for Jill Stein and the Green Party didn't get through to the majority of American voters. Sorry about that. Maybe next time.

Clearly, you did not try hard enough!

= ; - >-)
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:20 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You knew Romney was doomed the minute H2OMan said he had it in the bag.

The World breathes a collective sigh of relief.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:39 am
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

We prefer BY FAR the lesser evil, boss. Happy about the outcome.

Ditto. To all.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:54 am
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-obama-victory-20121106,0,2145466.story

This says it better than I would.
JPB

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:44 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Vigo county IN has voted with the final outcome of the national race every time since 1956 and only wrong twice since 1888.

jimgeraghty Bellwether Vigo County in Indiana has Obama ahead by 153 votes, 49% to 49%, with 99% precincts reporting.

And Vigo County was, once again, a blue dot in a sea of IN red. The vote was 50-49 Obama, just like the rest of the country.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:49 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

CNN is talking about 331 - 204 as a possibility, which is EXACTLY what joefromchicago predicted on the Romney thread. Everything from 2008 except NC and IN

Yes, I am A2K's greatest political prognosticator -- and if you don't believe me, ask President John Kerry.
Ragman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:53 am
@joefromchicago,
you did pretty well. Hey, I didn't do too badly, either. I predicted H2O-boy would be eating crow.

Oh, and I predicted a 1.0-1.5% for Obama (he has 2.1%) and 50+ EC vote. That was not so bad, huh?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:01 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

Romney now holds a 20k lead in Ohio... If you look at thestate map, State looks red... Stupid cities screwing the state. Just like NYS.

Yeah, damn those cities!

Actually, that reason right there is why you don't want to see a national popular vote, instead of our electoral college. Cities would decide everything, every time.

Cycloptichorn

It's also why you'll continue to see a Republican House. The country, as a whole, is center-right and the House will continue to reflect that preference. If we can do something about the Republican primaries that go to the loons we may actually get somewhere.
parados

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:27 am
@JPB,
Actually, we'll see a Republican house because of gerrymandered districts. Put 80/20 Dems in one district and 60/40 GOP in 3 districts and you end up with 3 to 1 GOP district advantage in an evenly split area.

That works great for the GOP until they keep electing loons, then the GOP districts start being willing to vote against the loons.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 03:35 pm
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/11/07/a-day-after-loss-conservatives-point-fingers/

Amazing. The reason Romney lost was he didn't maintain true conservative values and express them? Really? I can't imagine who the voters are that voted for Obama and would have changed their mind had Romney done what these folks are saying. These folks don't have a clue.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 04:08 pm
@IRFRANK,
The last several election cycles have convinced the Republican "strategists" that "exciting the base" leads to enough increased turnout to win the election. They're convinced that they're actually a majority party, and if they could just get those pesky voters to cast a ballot then they'd win.

Having a message that actually attracts voters doesn't seem to be one of their priorities.
IRFRANK

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:06 pm
@DrewDad,
If they don't understand that they aren't a majority after this election then they are in for a dark future. Hopefully a moderate will come forward but I doubt it. Colin Powell was one possibility, but clearly they didn't want anything to do with him. Maybe Texas can leave and they can all move there.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:21 pm
@IRFRANK,
It is popular to single out Texas, but teabaggers are a nationwide infestation.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
everything is bigger in Texas, ed...
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:39 pm
@Rockhead,
Embarrassed
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:46 pm
@IRFRANK,
Wish I'd seen this earlier....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/punkboi/punkboi2/main2_LATimes_election2012.jpg
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well, eventually someone had to cross a fairly well held line in this thread and post invective.