Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:06 am
If meeting someone for the first time on a date that you initiated, say ..... meeting at a pub for a drink, should you wait outside for your date to arrive and greet them there or meet them inside the door or meet them at the bar?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 817 • Replies: 10
Topic Closed

Enzo

Wed 31 Oct, 2012 11:10 am
@doubledrd,
Ask your date before meeting. It's called communication. We're not your date, so no point in asking here.
doubledrd

Wed 31 Oct, 2012 03:56 pm
@Enzo,
good advice - thx
0 Replies

Jecksoul

Fri 2 Nov, 2012 08:56 am
@doubledrd,
Haha weird question.
You would probably wait for your date outside. More chivalrous Smile
0 Replies

NicolasRoss

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 06:38 pm
@doubledrd,
meet her outside and get in with her. Open her the door.
0 Replies

Enzo

Tue 6 Nov, 2012 07:04 pm
Amateurs, the two above posts really are.
If you're unsure where to meet, get in, secure a comfortable place, chat up with the bartender, give your credit card so that there is no awkwardness at check time, and you know, order a drink and wait it out (don't order food though until the date arrives). Now that is more kind, well thought out, and "chivalrous" than waiting outside awkwardly, especially if it's cold outside. Honestly, I think you look needy waiting outside the bar until your date shows up, unless a special request was made by the date.

FOUND SOUL

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 02:54 pm
@Enzo,
I got a better one.... Time it. So that you just happen to be walking to the door at the same time that she is from the opposite direction.. Shock, smile, hi and open the door for her.

And, that is how I became engaged.
Enzo

Fri 9 Nov, 2012 11:06 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Awesome.
I'm too clumsy with such social interactions. It'd have to be a miracle if what you described happened to me. I'm the type of person who usually gets 5 minutes early for everything.
That's funny now that I think about it, cause my girl has a natural habit of arriving "fashionably" late, as she sometimes puts it. She makes me arrive late as well when we're going out somewhere together.
PUNKEY

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 07:49 am
If I were a man, I would arrive early and get a good seat for two. Then watch the door and get up and greet her when she walks in. Don't make her look for you.
maxdancona

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 03:12 pm
@PUNKEY,
Why would that be any different if you were a woman?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Sat 10 Nov, 2012 03:31 pm
@Enzo,
I was late to my wedding Smile

Coincidence I think, he timed it as he caught a taxi, to be there I believe a tad earlier, already booked the table. I was as nervous as a fly, and had a girlfriend drive me in, I think it took me 2 minutes to get out of the car lols. 4hrs later, we were setting up the second date ... But, out of all the dates I have ever, ever, gone out on in my life, that was truly awesome... This tall guy you are going to go on a date with happens to be walking to the door at the same time, different direction and smiles and opens the door for you... If you could plan it? That would be the way to do it.
0 Replies