Testicular Pain onset by Abdominal Pain

DNIERZ

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 10:18 pm
I am a 20 year old male and about 2 weeks ago I had a one time 2 hour episode of severe abdominal pain on the lower right side (by the appendix). It was a sharp stabbing pain during certain movements such as standing up or bending over, and it was tender to the touch. It mysteriously disappeared in an instant. During that 2 hour time frame, I noticed a extremely small dull discomfort in my right testicle. I saw the doctor the next day and appendicitis was ruled out. Ever since then the discomfort in both lower right abdomen and right testicle had become more severe and now it is a nagging pain. This pain is a dull pain and has now spread to the left testicle as well. I do feel referred pain in several places in my mid section on both sides. I went to go see two different General Physicians. One said it was Epididymitis and put me on two antibiotics twice a day for 7 days (Ciprofloxicin 500mg, and Doxycyline 100mg), and the other doctor believes it is most likely NOT Epididymitis due to my lack of pain response when he examined my epididymis. He said he may feel something resembling an inguinal hernia on the right side but wasn't sure. I have no bulge that resembles a hernia. I had blood and urine analyzed and everything came back normal. All urine tests were negative, and all blood levels were normal. An ultrasound is going to be scheduled in the near future. I am on day 6 of the antibiotics and nothing seems to feel any better.I have bouts of swelling in my scrotum and it comes and goes along with the pain.
I have a few questions. First off, Could an inguinal hernia present testicular pain in both testicles (spread to the other) and not just on the side of the suspected hernia? Second, should I get a refill on my antibiotics? My first doctor said that the antibiotics could take more than a week to do their job. Epididymitis could be viral in which case they do nothing. I only want to take them if there is a chance it could treat me, but who knows whether or not they just haven't kicked in yet. Third, I am almost positive that 2 hour episode of intense abdominal pain was linked to my now present testicular pain, but I see no info online, and my doctors do not know what that episode was or how it could connect to my present testicular pain. Lastly, could this episode by something other than epididymitis or an inguinal hernia (kidney stones, etc.)? I just see no info anywhere about an intense lower ab episode causing future testicular pain. Thanks Everyone for your responses, I GREATLY appreciate them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,651 • Replies: 0
No top replies