Question About This Girl Again...

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:01 pm
I can't seem to edit past posts, so I'll just do a new post to update. Sorry if there is a way and I just couldn't figure it out.

I'll give a quick backstory before I go into the newer stuff: I've liked this shyer girl for about a year now. I do kind of think that she likes me, but I can never be positive. I catch her looking at me in class often and when I notice she quickly looks away. We "hung out" twice (once at a New Years party, once when we both did poorly on a test and out parents had us meet up and study for an hour). Those two times we were together she was really talkative, but in school, unless she's with her friends, she's pretty quiet. Then, during the second to last week 9th grade (about 4 months ago), I found out that some players on the softball team were talking about how I should go out with one of the players (the girl I like was on the team). Since I don't really know anyone on the team other than her, I was kind of hoping and assuming the team was referring to her.

On the last day of school I asked if she'd like to go see a movie with me over the summer and she said I'm not sure what my plans are, but I'll let you know. I kind of took that as a polite no, but then the next day she texted me the days and times she was free. Unfortunately, we never had the same free days/times (WHYYYYYYYYYYY???????), so nothing ever really happened.

End backstory: begin newer updates: I've noticed that, if possible, she sits in the seat diagonally behind me on the bus (I don't know, to look at me I hope?). She does the whole "look over and when I notice turn around quickly thing" still. When we have lunch and then have to wait outside class for the teacher to come she almost always stands in a spot where she can see me and my friends. When I say something stupid or my friends jokingly make fun of me I can see her look over and smile. If I pass her in the hall she usually looks at me for a second.

We text fairly often at this point; I always instigate it, but she usually responds pretty quickly. I try not to text her more than twice a week so as to not be annoying, though sometimes when we text the conversation spreads over three days before it stops. One day she was dressed up a little more than usual and I texted her after school and said I thought she looked pretty and instead of just getting a "thanks" like I was expecting, I got a "thanks" and then she was the one who kept extending the conversation for the next day or two of texting, rather than it being me. (If I remember correctly, she instigated texting maybe four times; one when she said happy birthday, one where she asked a question about an essay, and two regarding the movie over the summer).

Then today, I wore a different style than I usually do (Usually stick to plain t shirt and jeans, though today I wore a plaid shirt too since I think it looks pretty good on me (when I wear blue/white stuff my eyes get lighter and bluer, which is cool))) and I caught her looking at me quite a bit.

I don't like to read those "does she like me" things because it pretty much is always a yes. Things like "if she looks at you a lot, thats good because she likes you, but if she doesnt look at you a lot, dont worry thats probably just because shes nervous". Without actually getting opinions (which I'm looking to get here) I never really know.

Some other misc details: I'm 16, she's 15, we're both in high school in the same grade and have two classes together.

So, what do you all think? Do you think she actually likes me? The more honest and detailed you guys can get the better, and I will try to respond to any and every post/question as soon as I can.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,046 • Replies: 10

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:29 am
You have a mouth, yes?

Then use it.

Go up to her and talk to her.

"Hey, we were planning on getting together, and we never did. Are you still up for that?"
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 08:24 am
Great advice (above.)

You are going to HAVE to talk to her. I know it's difficult, but unless you screw up some courage, you are going to miss out.

She sounds like she is shy. You must be the aggressive component in this beginning of the relationship.

Ask her and a friend to a coffee shop or somewhere to gather together. Then ask you alone. You are going to have to work up a one-on-one with her.

PS - there is a big difference in your age maturity, even though it's just one year.
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 10:05 am
Excellent answer, Jesh!!

Quote:
You have a mouth, yes?

Then use it.

Go up to her and talk to her.

"Hey, we were planning on getting together, and we never did. Are you still up for that?"

Joe(Do it today......she'll say "Yes")Nation

fallenkingdom896

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 02:31 pm
@jespah,
Seems like people seem to agree with this. I've actually also been thinking about this for a week or two now. Problem is I'm shy too. But hey, I could work up the courage to ask once, I can do it again, right?

Thanks for the quick reply.
0 Replies

fallenkingdom896

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm
@PUNKEY,
Hey, thanks for the reply. I'm definitely gonna need to work up the courage to ask in person again.

Though, would you mind further explaining what you mean by there being a big difference in age maturity? I just turned 16 a month and a half ago so it hasn't been long, but if you could explain what you mean by this I would be greatly appreciative.
0 Replies

fallenkingdom896

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 02:34 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thanks for the reply. I'll definitely need to muster up the courage to ask her again. I really hope I get a yes here, like you said.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 04:18 pm
Courage is, at least half the time, just saying **** it and doing something.
fallenkingdom896

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 07:48 pm
@jespah,
I'd honestly agree with that. I have my moments, (usually stupid things unfortunately), but not often. This is one time I really need to do just that.
0 Replies

fallenkingdom896

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2013 05:00 pm
@jespah,
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to give you all an update. Last Friday after taking the midterm for a class we share, I asked the girl I've liked out, she said yes, and we went to the movies on saturday.

I think I'm in a pretty good position now, so I just wanted to thank you all for the responses you've all given me.

So, thank you all. I really, really, do appreciate it.
0 Replies

Lia Cole

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2013 09:55 pm
@fallenkingdom896,
I enjoyed reading your story.Well,maybe she's shy because I always behave like that girl to a guy that i liked.lol..anyway,hope that you have a great time with her. Smile
0 Replies