What went wrong?

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:07 am
It has been a month and I realize our relationship is over, but I need some closure and I'm not doing to well with it. This man and I had a great realtionship for awhile. As a matter of fact he called me everyday and we had a lot of fun together. He has great kids and a great family. He is currently going through a divorce. Anywho everything was great for awhile. And I went to his house every other weekend or every weekend if I could manage. We both have kids so that gets a but complicated. He even ade comments about my son calling him dad and he talked about marriage. Then several weeks ago he went out of town for work, i dropped him off at the airport and everything was great. Once he arrived at he destination he cut off all contact and that was fine, the week before and been a bad one for him and though he never told me why I figured he needed space. When he came back i went to his house for the weekend and everything was great again. Then I left, well that monday he was busy at work so we barely talked. Then that tuesday I sent him a text saying I was accepted into the police academy. he responded with "I thought you were going to tell me you're pregnant". That was the last I heard from him. Now I tried being a very understanding girlfriend. And I do have the personality flaw of putting myself totally out there and I can see how that is off putting, but I am not possesive or a nag by any means. That same week we stopped talking my grandfather went to the er and i had a break down (not my finest hour) and called him. I tried not to blow up his phone (although I could've done better). I was so hurt, and just couldn't understand why I didn't even deserve an explination. Now when he was out of town I did give someone my number and that was a not a nice thing o do on my part, but I was mad and made a bad choice. I did tell him about it later, but like I said he wouldn't speak to me. And maybe he did think I was to clingy and I do get that I don't think I was by any means, but everyone is different. Now he was the one who pushed for closeness and talked about marriage however. I am so confused and don't get it at all. I mean I pleaded with the guy for an answer. Even if it was one I didn't want the closure would have really helped me. I still love this man, and I want him back. It wont happen but I do. Any one have any advice? Or any ideas as to what happened?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 604 • Replies: 14

Mame

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:28 am
@magentameadows,
No idea as to what happened or why (and BTW, that was HARD to read all in one paragraph like that), but I'd say move on. If he's not into you, he's not into you.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 10:30 am
@Mame,
Mag, hear Mame. Condense and paragraph

Double spacing between paras
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 01:55 pm
I have no advice for what to do about that man but the idea of you becoming a police officer scares me to death.
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:02 pm
@PUNKEY,
Quote:
becoming a police officer scares me to death
Punk, why
Axt first I assumed you just don't like cops
My No. 2 son is an erstwhile policeman and he's a fine fellow

But then it became obvious what you mean
Is it not she becomes too upset over trivial issues
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:02 pm
@dalehileman,
It doesn't feel very trivial to me. And for that matter, I quite an intelligent level headed person. Yes, this upsets me but I think any woman who is ignored would want to vent. Trivial implies that this has no real impact and it does. I'm sorry but a broken heart is a very real thing and I can't make the emotions for this situation disappear. So if you find this trivial and you think I let minor things bother me and that this effect me as a professional please reserve your opinion for someone that it applies to.
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:13 pm
@magentameadows,
I'm* damn that didn't help prove my point
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:52 pm
@magentameadows,
Quote:
So if you find this trivial
Meg, sorry, I have no idea. I was merely soliciting Punkey's motive
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:56 pm
@dalehileman,
It's ok. It's just a crappy situation and it wasn't very nice of me to say. It's hard to love someone with your whole heart and be treated like old news not worthy of an explanation. I'm sorry for being rude
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:58 pm
@magentameadows,
Quote:
I'm sorry for being rude
Oh not at all Mag, you were perfectly within
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:04 pm
@dalehileman,
Smile well I could've been nicer and I hope your son stays safe and has a great career on the force!
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:06 pm
@magentameadows,
Quote:
I hope your son stays safe and has a great career on the force!
Erstwhile though, means former. I use the term because it sounds so much more impressive
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:15 pm
@dalehileman,
Oh, we'll new vocab word for me, it is a very impressive word. And I think trying to do anything police or military related is impressive. I'm scared to death but very excited!
dalehileman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:19 pm
@magentameadows,
Quote:
it is a very impressive word.
Yes one occasionally needs such in this procrustean devolution of insensate miasma
magentameadows

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:22 pm
@dalehileman,
You would make a positively terrifying lit. teacher. And it's a subject I often prided myself on seeing that I'm a published author. To be fair they are children's books about goblins.
0 Replies