Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 05:06 pm
I give you 10 outa 10 for that.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 07:47 pm
@raprap,
Didn't get past the first page.

Quote:
Paid for by the Democratic National Committee (202) 863-8000 | This communication is not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
parados

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2012 08:03 pm
@McGentrix,
No one gets past the first page McG. That's the point.
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 05:29 am
@parados,
hee hee
maxdancona

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 06:44 am
@farmerman,
Something tells me McGentrix doesn't get the joke.
DrewDad

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:29 am
@raprap,
The details of Romney's five point plan:

Five

raprap

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:40 am
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/47418_10151111360263920_1909810495_n.jpg
McGentrix

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:56 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Something tells me McGentrix doesn't get the joke.

Nope, guess not. I didn't click anything to see what the joke was. I clicked the link, saw it was sponsored by the Dem's and then clicked close. From the conversation above, I have figured that the idea is to show that Romney does not have a plan... haha, cute.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 07:19 pm
@raprap,
The liberal riff on "binders" has to be the most idiotic and pathetic attempt to make something of nothing I have ever seen.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 07:39 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
I clicked the link, saw it was sponsored by the Dem's and then clicked close.

I must say that this comes as an absolute shock, McG. Here I had always figured you to be thee most open-minded person on A2K.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 07:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I disagree with you Finn. Romney has very real problems on woman´s issues, from fair pay to contraception. The ¨binders of women¨ comment, as a non-response to a question he was asked about how his policy would help pay equity for women, was a wonderful illustration of how ¨awkward¨ he is on this particular issue.

The awkward phrase isn´t that important. The awkward inability to state a reasonable policy in these issues is very important.

The phrase is illustrative of his failure to articulate any reasonable pro-woman policy. That´s why it has taken off as a meme.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 07:49 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
woman´s ; ¨binders of women¨; That´s

What's happened to your script, Max?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 08:17 pm
@maxdancona,
It has "taken off" only in liberal circles.

The average American is clueless as to what it is supposed to mean.

He is hardly "awkward" on the subject.

While you were listening for anything you might attack, the rest of America heard him talk about how he reached out to find female candidates for his administration in Mass.

Take a look at the the actual record, not what you would like to believe or...more importantly...what you would like Americans to believe.

You're right though that he didn't answer the specific question which was chosen by Crowley as a softball for Obama.

The equity of women's salaries in the business world is an issue that sits at about #50 in the list of those most important to American voters. It's ridiculous to expect any candidate to have a policy for each and every issue that may exist.

Romeny, clearly doesn't have a policy, but his answer was intended to assure women that he values their contributions equally with those of men. By affirmatively seeking and choosing women for his administration, he evidenced this.

If that's not enough for voters and the issue is #1 for them, they will probably vote for Obama.

If you want to see it as a deciding issue in this election then you are either more clueless or more desperate than I imagined.

0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 09:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
It isn't nearly as pathetic as the "We built it" theme used by the GOP.

Which is more pathetic? One that merely pokes fun at a statement or one that lies about the meaning of a statement by taking it out of context?

And then there is the pathetic lynching of an empty chair.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:46 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I disagree with you Finn. Romney has very real problems on woman´s issues, from fair pay to contraception. The ¨binders of women¨ comment, as a non-response to a question he was asked about how his policy would help pay equity for women, was a wonderful illustration of how ¨awkward¨ he is on this particular issue.

fantasy

Quote:
As the presidential campaign heads into its final weeks, the survey of voters in 12 crucial swing states finds female voters much more engaged in the election and increasingly concerned about the deficit and debt issues that favor Romney. The Republican nominee has pulled within one point of the president among women who are likely voters, 48%-49%, and leads by 8 points among men.

MORE: Follow who's up and who's down in the polls

The battle for women, which was apparent in the speakers spotlighted at both political conventions this summer, is likely to help define messages the candidates deliver at the presidential debate Tuesday night and in the TV ads they air during the final 21 days of the campaign. As a group, women tend to start paying attention to election contests later and remain more open to persuasion by the candidates and their ads.

That makes women, especially blue-collar "waitress moms" whose families have been hard-hit by the nation's economic woes, the quintessential swing voters in 2012's close race.

"In every poll, we've seen a major surge among women in favorability for Romney" since his strong performance in the first debate, veteran Democratic pollster Celinda Lake says. "Women went into the debate actively disliking Romney, and they came out thinking he might understand their lives and might be able to get something done for them."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2012/10/15/swing-states-poll-women-voters-romney-obama/1634791/

dems consistently prove that they dont understand that many women do not vote the agenda of the feminists, that the feminists do not represent many women.
revelette

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 08:14 am
@hawkeye10,
That was after the first debate, I think Romney has at the least erased his momentum with women voters after the second debate and as he only narrowed the gap, the second debate did not help him with maintaining that momentum.

Quote:
The demographic breakdown
Taking a look at the key demographic groups in this election, Obama leads among African Americans (92 percent to 5 percent), Latinos (winning about seven in 10 of them), women (52 percent to 41 percent) and voters 18-34 (61 percent to 33 percent).

NBC/WSJ Poll

RABEL222

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 10:14 am
@revelette,
I am getting almost as sick of polls as I am of political ads. Thank God we only have weeks to go!!!
0 Replies