Emotionally Abusive Spouse. What do I do?

vikorr

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 07:27 pm
@Chaitukpr,
You haven't read what I wrote, to say what you said. And if you did - you blinded yourself to the message.

'Repenting' is not in the words, but in the intentions and the actions...which is along the lines of what I wrote.

And when a person doesn't take responsibility for their actions - that is NOT repenting. Repenting is not about remorse that someone left you - but about remorse for the abuse you gave that person before they left you, and a willingness to change.

Quite frankly, I find your response blind, dangerous, and completely lacking in understanding.

Quote:
Its our right, but is not marriage a Covenant?
One that goes two ways, not one way.
Chaitukpr

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:38 am
@vikorr,
Let Lord give Wisdom............I am sorry if this felt wrong to every1.

My Sole aim is to save this marriage.....but then its destiny. I wish everything goes well with her.

Bless every1.

vikorr

Reply Sat 6 Oct, 2012 02:21 am
@Chaitukpr,
Quote:
My Sole aim is to save this marriage
That, in a nutshell - is the problem.

Where in 'my sole aim is to save the marriage' is : hope for her long term happiness, care for her self-esteem, care for her mental health, compassion for her suffering, guidance to prevent things going wrong, and guidance for when things go wrong? You obviously claim to be Christian, yet your writings go against principles of love & caring.

You apparently think 'wishing everything goes well' is enough to make it so. What answer do you have if things don't go so well? (and don't ignore this, as you have been completely doing up until now), and she ends up getting abused again? What if it's your advice that puts her back in the cycle of abuse? After telling her to go back to her marriage, did you give her any guidance as to making sure it doesn't slip back into abuse? Or is saving the marriage the SOLE thing you care about?

Quote:
Bless every1.
Coming from a good heart that can keep a woman in an abusive marriage. Do you see the problem with caring solely about saving a marriage that ended because of abuse (without your knowledge of genuine remorse, which isn't possible to tell from the writing - but my guess is not)...and blessing everyone?

So yes : Let Lord give Wisdom
0 Replies