Murder hits close to home

jcboy

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 02:53 pm
Bruce was such a nice guy and well known in town. I did not know the other guy. This is an awful tragedy.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2012/10/1/police_identify_men_.html

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG --
Police have tentatively identified the two men whose bodies were found in a burning house on Sunday.

The bodies of Bruce Johnson, 51, of St. Petersburg, and Arthur Regula, 36, of Hudson, were found by firefighters who responded to a fire inside the home on Fourth Avenue N. in St. Petersburg.

Investigators said the identifications are tentative due to the extensive damage done to the bodies as a result of the fire.

Police said the medical examiner determined that the men died as a result of “homicidal violence.”

Investigators said Johnson was a friend of the homeowner and that he was living at the house on Fourth Avenue N while helping with interior renovations at the home.

Regula was hired to help with the renovations, as he had experience with tile work, police said.

Detectives said they have located Regula’s 2004 Ford pick-up truck, which authorities noticed was missing from the house. It was found by Tampa police in the area of Columbus Drive and MacDill Avenue.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 19 • Views: 6,803 • Replies: 50
No top replies

BeachBoy

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 03:29 pm
@jcboy,
Bruce was working on Mitches house, they were best friends. I hope they find the person or persons involved in this crime!
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 03:59 pm
@jcboy,
I'm sorry to hear this about your friend.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:02 pm
@jcboy,
JC, so sorry, you've had more of your fair share of deaths this year.

Take a deep, deep breathe.....

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:06 pm
Rest in peace.

And catch the person.

Meantime, so sorry.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:18 pm
Egad, how awful.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:27 pm
Thank you, we were not close friends with Bruce, we knew him from pool parties and other social functions. He would always help out with SmartRide. Nobody knows the other man only that Bruce hired him to help with the tile work in Mitch’s house.

You know there is an Indian man who owns the little neighborhood market near our old house and just two weeks ago I stopped there in the afternoon and his store was closed, I thought that was strange.

I went back the next day, he told me he had to lock up and leave because his wife called 911 because someone broke into her home when she was there, she took the phone and locked herself in the bathroom, they never caught the guy but its in the same neighborhood, could be linked, never know.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:31 pm
@jcboy,
I assume you report that, as I hope she did.

Scary stuff. Might not be related.
dlowan

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:43 pm
@jcboy,
Very sorry to hear this.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:50 pm
@ossobuco,
Or might.
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 04:56 pm
What a horrible thing knowing Bruce and Tom for years at Xmas parties and those two coming into my salon every Sunday. I hope they find these people and bring them to justice!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
@ossobuco,
You just never know. Mitch is never home during the day he’s working. Could be that someone was planning on breaking in and found those two working in the house, like Morgan said what happened to the Indian man that owns the market. Wrong place at the wrong time.

It was just on the local news and still no suspects.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 05:55 pm
@jcboy,
So sorry to hear about this, jc. Let's hope they catch the perps quickly.
jcboy

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Me too Andre, I’m sure more will come out later, they found the other guys truck in Tampa so I’m sure they have been checking fingerprints etc. A lot of people are upset about this; my friends Tommy and Jeff live just a block and a half away from Mitch’s house. A lot of people are worried in the community.
Ragman

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:30 pm
@jcboy,
sorry to hear about this, jc. Hope the person who did this is caught swiftly.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:31 pm
@jcboy,
I'm really sorry to hear this, guys. It's just horrible. I hope the community will rally around the families & loved ones.
0 Replies

BrianW33713

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:39 pm
Unreal, Bruce Johnson was a past real estate customer of mine as well as his mother Ann.
0 Replies

Sloan

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 07:12 pm
Tragic loss of life. I heard the homicidal violence story is still developing. Very tragic and unnecessary.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 07:15 pm
@jcboy,
More than twenty years ago I was handling a total loss fire claim where the insured was found dead.

I hired a Cause & Origin expert who wrote a a report that asserted that it was a well known fact that the insured was a homosexual and that scorned homosexual lovers can be extremely violent in their retribution.

The autopsy report indicated that our insured had died from blood loss due to castration and that someone had put needles in his eyes, prior to him dying.

I thought the report was ridiculous and I laughingly read it out loud in my office. At roughly the same time a young file clerk who we all figured was gay was walking down the aisle beside my desk.

"Oh, Danny S-------, I know him." declared the clerk. "He throws great parties,"

I asked the fellow if he knew Danny was dead and he didn't, but he wasn't all that surprised to learn that he had been murdered, because Danny was known to" play around."

This was simply one case of murder among millions and is not proof of anything.

It is very often tragic when someone is murdered , but it is very, very rare that any murder can be described as more tragic than another.

To JCBoy's credit he hasn't even remotely suggested that that these two men were murdered simply because they were homosexual.

It's the rare person who deserves to be murdered, and the chances are great that these two guys didn't dredge their fate.

Murders, however,very often have weird back stories.
Keith424

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 07:22 pm
I was afraid of that hearing the extent of damage, the entire home is a loss, and I am sure that the Homicidal Violence story is still developing.
0 Replies