Only 31 more days till Halloween!

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 10:36 am
I agree completely about the little ones. I kind of missed it this year. My favorite will always be the little girl who literally put her hand up by her mouth and told, confidentially of course: "I'm not really Minnie Mouse, i'm just dressed up to look like her."
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:39 pm
Only 364 more days till Halloween!
Enzo

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Not if the 2012 Apocalypse occurs.

(joke)
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 01:46 pm
@Enzo,
Won't there be trick-or-treating in Paradise? Or the Elysian Fields, or whatever?
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:12 pm
@sozobe,
There aren’t a lot of kids in our new neighborhood. We only had about a dozen come up to the house last night. We still have a giant bowl of candy sitting in the kitchen. Morgan and I are taking it to work to unload it all.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:15 pm
@MMarciano,
mr vw had 5 trick or treaters.

one for each bag o candy that he bought...

I think as a tradition, it is on it's way out.

(and this year I can't help eat it. milk chocolate is verboten)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:25 pm
@MMarciano,
I'd suggest food banks (I don't know what they accept) but a lot of all that is not such a benefit. Still, if you haven't been able to buy any candy for a bit or a long time, one piece of candy can be a treat.

Churches? I'm an atheist but used to be a catholic about fifty years ago. St. Vincent de Paul people are o.k. by me, far as I know. (I don't know anything about the system policies.)

Maybe it's time for what was going on with books for a while, that you left some somewhere.
I suppose people would think the candy was doctored.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 10:23 pm
I was given some Halloween candy last night. I'm walking up the street after dark, a few kids running around in costume here and there, adults with most of them. One adult looks at me, says, "Gawd, you look scary!" and thrusts a Snickers bar at me. I took it.

I wasn't wearing a costume.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2012 02:24 am
@ossobuco,
That’s a good idea, my friend Maria started Brown Bag Lunches of Pinellas. I’m sure they would like to have it. I’ll be dropping it by this afternoon.
0 Replies