Is there a difference between sexy and slutty Halloween costumes?

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:32 am
It's that time of year and its time to start the annual Halloween discussion threads!

http://static.tapastic.com/cartoons/b7/e2/29/67/8200e64ab7b34193a72dcafbf155cc1f.jpg
http://tapastic.com/episode/19620

1. How old does one have to be before trying to pull of the sexy _______ costume look?
2. Can men and older women actually pull off the sexy costume look or should only teenage girls and young women wear them?
3. Why are sexy costumes still a big thing for most moderate feminists when for any other day other then Halloween, this style of dress is frowned upon by most professionals including the moderate feminists?
4. Is there a difference between sex and slutty Halloween costumes? OR are they the same thing as depicted in the above webcomic?

OPTIONAL:
5. List a profession that no one would ever expect to see as possibly depicted as a sexy costume: Eg. Sexy podiatrist or sexy sandhogs.

boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:42 am
@tsarstepan,
The sexy Halloween costume is troublesome in that Halloween is supposed to be scary.

1&2 I think that these costumes are fine for the hit the bar and party on Halloween people. Anyone younger or older should avoid them.

3. I'm confused by people who think you can't be "sexy" and a feminist so I don't know.

4. I suppose the designating factor between sexy and slutty is whether the girl is receptive to your attention or not.

5. I'd be a little creeped out by a sexy gynecologist.

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 10:46 am
@tsarstepan,
1.Between oooh and urgh.
2. No and yes.
3.These type of outfits are worn every day in the UK. Just google "Blackpool hen night". I'm not proud, just saying......
4.To me, slutty is just a naughtier version of sexy. Don't ask me where the line is drawn.....maybe Bridget Bardot in her prime and Uma Thurman dancing in Pulp Fiction? I'm sure I could come up with a better example if I thought long enough, but I don't want to over excite myself.

5. Proctologist.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:08 am
the difference between sexy and slutty is the level to which one gets the idea that the one it in it might be available for sex. the behaviour of the girl plays into this as well as the outfit. I see two problems here for feminists, one is that large numbers of them dont want females to do anything that gets mens motors running, and another is that the rape feminist line is that what a woman wears or does not wear says nothing about how willing she is for sex, so any woman who claims that she is wearing an outfit in the attempt to get laid is ******* with their story.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:10 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

3. I'm confused by people who think you can't be "sexy" and a feminist so I don't know.

That's true for most liberal to moderate feminists. I guess even the most militant feminists aren't perfect if they choose a sexy costume for themselves even as they speak ill of other women who do the same.

Quote:
4. I suppose the designating factor between sexy and slutty is whether the girl is receptive to your attention or not.

Touche! Surprised Well played Boomerang.
boomerang

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 11:22 am
@tsarstepan,
I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my very beautiful, lesbian friend.

She was all put out because someone called her a "lipstick lesbian", intending it as a put down. She was like all "What? I can't be a girl and a lesbian? I'm not sure how that would work."

I thought it was funny.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 19 Oct, 2013 04:49 pm
@tsarstepan,
It's a matter of taste
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:42 am
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/8/1/0/33810.jpg?v=1
Quote:
Sexy Pebbles Flintstone
WHAT? GAH! Pebbles is an infant. Nobody in the history of humankind has ever had a fetish that involved Pebbles whose story didn't end with the sound of a gavel banging and the words, "... mercy on your soul."

26 Sexy Halloween Costumes That Shouldn't Exist
http://www.cracked.com/article_18834_26-sexy-halloween-costumes-that-shouldnt-exist.html
roger

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 12:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
Too scary
0 Replies

jesselins

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:46 pm
@tsarstepan,
There do have. For the sexy costumes, it would be more sexy when you are wearing on it. For the normal character costumes, you just be looks like the original character.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2015 08:58 pm
@jesselins,
Atrocious, your English are. Spam drops you are not welcomes. Hint hint budge budge.
0 Replies