How about some Halloween spirit around here? Or at least some Halloween avatars?

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 04:28 pm
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyhciHA98ZgH2wgN6q_N3XA1nmnJF5qsgCALaMyFh_WtfStvi06g
Okay! So I maybe looking a ghost horse in the mouth in even thinking about getting the ability to decorate this site or even allow us to change the site's color dynamics to fit the season but since we can't decorate the site for Halloween, are any of you going to change your avatars to a more timely and ghoulishly appropriate version?

djjd62

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
i'm in

my avatar is from the tres cool manga I Luv Halloween
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
man, let me get through Thanksgiving first!
jcboy

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have tickets for the All Hallows Ball in Tampa. I went last year, it’s one of the biggest parties in Tampa. I haven’t decided what to go as though.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:35 pm
@ehBeth,
If you lived here in Hawaii, Beth, you'd know that neither Thxgiving nor Xmas mean a damn thing. Halloween is THE big holiday here. People go all out to deck the halls (with black and orange streamers) etc. etc. Trick-or-treating isn't as big as it is on the mainland. In fact, it's a rather neglected tradition. But there are costume parties and luaus galore. People parteeeee!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 05:39 pm
You are running way behind. Walmart has the Christmas decorations out already.
Reyn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 07:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Walmart has the Christmas decorations out already.

Hmm, why so late? Razz
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:02 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

man, let me get through Thanksgiving first!

You wacky Canadians and your October Thanksgiving.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:22 pm
Jcboy's new avatar is not scary at all. What's up with that?

My avatar has been scary for a long time. Gustavratzenhofer once asked me whether I owned a mirror.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2011 08:34 pm
@wandeljw,
I think JC's avatar is one of those ironic avatars used by clever and urbane hipsters around the world.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 12:07 am
@tsarstepan,
Anybody care to help me post an avatar? Only reason I use this corny hamster- issued image is because I'm, apparently, computer semi-literate. I've visited gravitar.com and was totally, completely and irrevocably bewildered. I have absolutely no idea what to do to upgrade my image. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
Mame

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:09 am
@Lustig Andrei,
I just went to gravatar.com, sign up (or log in) and uploaded a picture I had on my computer. It may take a couple of days, but it will happen.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:33 am
@Lustig Andrei,
when you register your account at gravatar, you have to use the email address that is associated with your a2k account, if you don't it won't link the two accounts
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 07:51 am
@djjd62,
Like they have said. Sign up with gravatar.com using the email address you are using now

Find an image and it's URL address online, like this one: Bloody, Bloody Andrew Jackson.
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTM3Pt-P2jSzXUGBUDkXKVAiLtEVpOn_gyscudTYIlRVlVsl7pWdQ

Click on the An Image on the Internet button and paste that address in. They might have you crop the image down to a square so pick the best part.

Of course, if you have an image on youy harddrive that you want to use then use the My computer's hard drive button.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:09 am
@tsarstepan,
Why change my avatar, I believe it's haunting enough already. Smile
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:17 am
@tsarstepan,
Great idea. (Mine isn't showing up yet, probably because it's so spooky).

oops... there it is
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:46 am
@thack45,
Quite aesthetically appropriate and still keeping with you own brand Thack! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 08:50 am
@tsarstepan,
http://en.gravatar.com/
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 10:27 am
@wandeljw,
There now he looks even more scary! Smile He can’t play outside today, been raining all day. So we are getting ready for Halloween a little eary

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3723/antonio1z.jpg
wandeljw

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2011 11:48 am
@jcboy,
That's more like it! Smile
0 Replies