Best Dates/Worst Dates

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 12:15 am
Worst, or rather most disastrous date: I put a nail through a gas tank of a motorcycle of a certain Belgian young gentleman (NOT). Wasn't patient enough to listen to instructions and since I didn't know how to stop the damn thing, I drove it into a pile of wood. I was OK. Bike was not. In the long run, it was a well-deserved punishment, but that evening I thought I will die purely out of shame.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 08:31 pm
Kicky wrote
Quote:
It was crazy! I felt like I had a whole relationship, broke up, and got together again all in one night. And it was pretty much the same way everytime we went out.

I loved your story! I'm stealing this story..... J

Montana:
Quote:
but then broke up when we realized that the only thing we had in common was that we loved eachother.

I read your story to a bunch of people at an Oscar party. There was stunned silence. I know you realize how achingly heartbreaking the above words are, my heart breaks each time I think about them.

j
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 09:41 pm
Yes, Joe, those words of Montana's were what made me sigh, too. I wonder how many of us there are that have lived them. They brought back some exquisitely painful memories for me. I started to write about them today, then stopped. It was too much. Perhaps another time.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 12:04 am
Joe and Eva
Wow! I didn't realize that my experience would have such an impact. I have never felt the hurt of a breakup than the incredible hurt I felt when that relationship ended. I truly mourned for atleast 2 years after it was over. I planned on spending the rest of my life with him, but we both knew that it wouldn't work. I am a humanitarian, while he's a hunter, and we simply enjoyed totaly different things in life. I'll never forget the amazing love and respect we had for eachother. The funny thing is that we are both still single after all these years. The saddest thing is that I've never been able to love anyone like I loved him, as if those feelings were sealed in a bottle.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 04:19 pm
Montana--this may be a really dumb question, and you don't have to answer, but...if the two of you had such love and respect for each other, why wasn't it possible for each of you to pursue your own interests and still be together?

It's an honest question...my husband and I have many interests we do not share, and we still have a great relationship.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 05:11 pm
I used to tell my daughter she could start dating at the same age I did. 27.

I left home at age 16 and entered a "preparatory seminary" of a religious order in the Catholic Church. I parted company with the order some 11 years later and entered the social scene with the savoir-faire of a shovel.

My first date was with a co-worker I had shared a few laughs with in the lunch room. I had no car and had planned to borrow a friend's. His car broke down the day before the date. He felt bad, so he drove us in the big, ugly, smelly van belonging to the high school at which he taught. Quite the limo.

I was nervous, clueless, and socially inept (well, most of that is still true). I managed to sweat clean through a corduroy sport coat. I took her dancing. Bad choice. The best I can say of my performance is that there were no casualties reported. She was good sport about it all, but obviously relieved when it was over.

We continued to have friendly conversations in the lunch room, but the subject of a second date never came up.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 07:34 pm
Eva wrote:
Montana--this may be a really dumb question, and you don't have to answer, but...if the two of you had such love and respect for each other, why wasn't it possible for each of you to pursue your own interests and still be together?

It's an honest question...my husband and I have many interests we do not share, and we still have a great relationship.

There is one thing each about eachother that we just couldn't get past and we both knew that these things would become a major problem in the future as they were already a problem for us. The problem I had with him was that he is a hunter. Everyone here that has known me long enough knows how deeply I love all animals and it's not that I have anything against people who hunt, but it's just something I couldn't live with. Hunting was and still is his passion and every year he goes home with atleast one animal and even though I never saw them, he talked about them and if we were married then I would have seen them as well. This is something I know I could have never gotten past and we both knew it.

His major issue with me was that I was and still am a night owl and he did everything in his power to get me to quit my night job to work days, so we could have more time together. Now, as much as I didn't like the fact that he was a hunter, I never tried to change him and I began to resent that he was trying to change me. He couldn't get past the fact that I was a night owl as I couldn't get past the hunting, so we reached a cross roads and decided that it was best to part before our differences ruined what we had.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2004 08:53 pm
Very mature of you, Montana.

But also heartbreaking.

I also had a great love once who wanted a different kind of life than I wanted. I know how much it hurts.

I hope someday you meet someone who lights up the world for you, and who wants to spend the rest of his life with you, making you happy. You're such a wonderful person. You really do deserve that.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 02:14 pm
I just thought of another bad date.

This was a blind date. We met for dinner in Little Italy. I was stunned by how beautiful she was when I first saw her. She was simply the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Sounds good so far, right?

Well, we get to our table, we're making small talk (I'm saying words, but mostly I'm just trying not to drool all over myself), and it seems to be going okay. Then she asks me "What's the most embarassing thing that's ever happened to you?"

I gave her some lame story from my past. A little while later, just after our food arrives, she says she's not feeling very good and has to leave. I walk her to her train and she goes home. The next day I call to see how she's doing and she's not answering. I leave a message. She doesn't return my call.

After a couple days I start thinking about that question she asked. Could it be that she asked me about my most embarassing moment to set me up, knowing that she was going to end the date after a half hour? Could she have been that repulsed by me?

I end up beating myself up relentlessly for about a day, thinking what a repulsive loser I am, I'll never find anybody, I'm worthless, repugnant, etc. I'm completely crushed.

Then after I go through that, I realize that for her to do that, she must be the most shallow rotten bitch in the world, and I go through the emotional catharsis of mentally beating her up.

Two days later, I feel a little better. I've come to the conclusion that she is a bitch, and that I am not a repugnant loser; she is!

Then I find out through the person that set us up that a close relative of hers had just killed himself a couple hours before our date, and that was the reason she wasn't feeling well. She didn't want to cancel our date, but then once we were out, she realized that she wasn't up to it.

She moved a little while after that. Never heard from her again.

What a horrible emotional rollercoaster ride that was.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:45 pm
Eva wrote:
Very mature of you, Montana.

But also heartbreaking.

I also had a great love once who wanted a different kind of life than I wanted. I know how much it hurts.

I hope someday you meet someone who lights up the world for you, and who wants to spend the rest of his life with you, making you happy. You're such a wonderful person. You really do deserve that.

Thanks Eva :-) You're so very sweet (((Hug)))

You never know what the future holds, but I am very happy with my life these days, so I'm in no hurry ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2004 10:46 pm
Kicky
Wow!!! What a sad story :-(
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:30 am
Montana, yeah, that one sucked bad. I'm sure it sucked even worse for her though. As for me, it opened my eyes to a lot of my insecurities, and I think I'm a better person for it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 12:47 am
Kicky

You're all right (((Hug))) :-D
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2004 06:26 pm
worst date (tie)- I was 23 and she was 56 with FFF breasts. It was a blind date. We met at a bookstore and went back to her place. She was a social worker. Well, that lasted one day.

Another time, I met this woman at a restaraunt. She claimed to be only 30 but she looked at least 50. She worked for the Dept. of Corrections and asked way too many personal questions.
0 Replies

boffin218

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 03:15 pm
Awful blind date
I saw this thread and couldn't resist sharing.

My worst date was a blind date set up by a friend's wife. The date was a co-worker of hers who she knew, but not terribly well. She wanted to make the new co-worker feel good, as she was new in town, and I was to be an introduction to a 'nice guy' in her new hometown.

Anyway, there were a few warning signs in the early part of the date: complaining about small things, complaint about the food, service, etc - but I figured she was just a bit high strung. Beyond that, she seemed smart (a bit of a know-it-all, but some people come off that way), and had done some great travelling, and had interesting stories to tell. So, I figured she was maybe just a bit nervous, and hadn't quite gotten 'off work.' But she seemed to be warming up, relaxing, and having fun.

Until, that is, the table was passing around a plate of appetizers, and she, it seemed, wanted a particular spring roll.

Well. I didn't quite pick up on her preference, and was about to take it, when I felt a sharp pain in the back of my hand.

I looked down to find her fork sticking out of the back of my hand, with little rivulets of bright red blood forming where the tines broke the skin.

The funny thing was that it didn't hurt. My mind slowly came around to the profound realization that "Hey! There is a fork sticking in my hand."

All conversation at the table stopped immediately, and, in fact, it felt like half the restaurant was looking at me.

My friend looked over and gently separated the fork from my hand.

The restaurant slowly grew louder again

But our dinner passed in silence after that.

I skipped the night's movie, and have now been exempted from the wife's pool of blind daters.

I know lots of people who have been on blind dates, but very few have involved bloodshed!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 04:10 pm
Okay, now that one pisses me off. I can't believe your free hand didn't "involuntarily" spasm and drive itself through her face. Did you ever hear about her luck on the dating front after that?
0 Replies

BWShooter

Reply Tue 16 Mar, 2004 05:49 pm
Re: Awful blind date
boffin218 wrote:

I looked down to find her fork sticking out of the back of my hand, with little rivulets of bright red blood forming where the tines broke the skin.

what a psychobitch!!!!! You should send that in to some mens magazine.

Welcome to the forums.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 17 Mar, 2004 07:53 pm
Holy jumpin Boffin. What a psycho!!! I honestly don't know how you could have restrained yourself from knocking her on her ass, but good for you that you didn't, since you would have been the bad guy if you did. Damn!!!!!
0 Replies