Romney Repeats Conservative cop-out on the Middle East conflict

oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzytheNazi wrote:
Oralboy is nothing but a hate-filled, unthinking little **** who fantasises about genocide and sexual violence. There's not a lot of point talking to him.

You trash shouldn't run around falsely accusing your betters of your own stupidity and freakishness.
oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 09:40 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
izzythepush wrote:
Israel kills way more children than Hamas and Fatah combined.

That should be common knowledge by now.

Nah. Misleading stats like that tend to be limited to anti-Semitic propaganda.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 10:13 am
@oralloy,
I see your argument. Every Israeli child was obviously targeted and every Palestinian child was not. What a wonderful argument. Too bad it doesn't match reality.
1. It argues that Rockets used by Palestinians are intentionally fired at children.
2. It assigns a double standard when you argue every Israeli air strike that kills children is only an accidental death
3. It argues that children killed by Israeli civilians were somehow in the way of those civilians targeting others and only a byproduct.
4. It argues that any Jew that doesn't support killing Palestinian children must be a self hating Jew and therefor can't be trusted.
5. It argues that Israeli courts that convict Israeli soldiers are self hating Jews.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@maxdancona,
Ahh, but yours: Romney Repeats Conservative cop-out on the Middle East conflict is so deep and layered.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:34 pm
@izzythepush,
That there were other reasons to vote Hamas is, I'm sure, the case, but it doesn't make it any less reasonable to assume the Gazans want to obliterate the Israelis.

There were reasons Germans supported Hitler other than his malignant attitude towards Jews.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:37 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thank you.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:38 pm
@maxdancona,

"Palistinian(TM)" Media Watch:

http://www.palwatch.org/

Read it and educate yourself. No group of people who had any interest in peace would raise their children the way the palisavages do.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The obvious way forward on a two state solution starts with the 1967 borders.

Face it: Israel is not going to commit suicide because your or any of your ilk want them to.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:42 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
izzytheNazi wrote:...

"IzzythePOOP" is more like it. Izzy wouldn't have passed the IQ test for Nazis, they'd have converted him into soap or a lampshade or something.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 10:10 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I see your argument. Every Israeli child was obviously targeted and every Palestinian child was not. What a wonderful argument. Too bad it doesn't match reality.

No, that is a pretty close match to reality.

The only deviation from reality is that you left out that many of the supposed Palestinian deaths are fictitious.

parados wrote:
1. It argues that Rockets used by Palestinians are intentionally fired at children.

Let's make that: Rockets used by Palestinians are intentionally fired at civilian areas.

parados wrote:
2. It assigns a double standard when you argue every Israeli air strike that kills children is only an accidental death

No double standard. That's the truth.

parados wrote:
3. It argues that children killed by Israeli civilians were somehow in the way of those civilians targeting others and only a byproduct.

There's some confusion here. Israeli civilians have done very little in the way of killing.

Most of the Palestinian "children" who have been killed, were shot in the head by Israeli military snipers firing .50 caliber rifles.

The .50 BMG sniper rifle is an outstanding weapon. I wish police in America would consider using it to quell riots. It's the world's ultimate de-braining utensil.

parados wrote:
4. It argues that any Jew that doesn't support killing Palestinian children must be a self hating Jew and therefor can't be trusted.

Nah. Just remember that when a self-hating Jew starts going on about how horrible Israel is, that it isn't the truth.

parados wrote:
5. It argues that Israeli courts that convict Israeli soldiers are self hating Jews.

I don't recall saying anything about Israeli courts.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 01:31 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
How do you think you'd feel if you were kicked out of your house and job, then subject to daily humiliation by a brutal occupier?

I think the desire to obliterate would be pretty high, that doesn't mean that people can't put pragmatism over the desire for revenge.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 03:48 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
How do you think you'd feel if you were kicked out of your house and job, then subject to daily humiliation by a brutal occupier?

The Palestinians are hardly being occupied. They are merely walled off from Israel so that they are not able to run around murdering people.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 04:03 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

The Palestinians are hardly being occupied. They are merely walled off from Israel so that they are not able to run around murdering people.
I've met some dozen Palestinians, both Catholic and Protestant Christians and priests (There's an ecumenical exchange between local parishes and them - our ecumenical gospel choir tries a re-visit ...) They have some different opinions. And I really couldn't get the idea that they "run around murdering people". But you might have a better knowledge.
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 05:18 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I've met some dozen Palestinians, both Catholic and Protestant Christians and priests (There's an ecumenical exchange between local parishes and them - our ecumenical gospel choir tries a re-visit ...) They have some different opinions.

Israel stopped occupying Palestinian areas back in the 1990s, as part of the peace process (this was back when people foolishly believed that Palestinians were interested in making peace).

Now the Palestinians govern their own areas.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:08 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

The only deviation from reality is that you left out that many of the supposed Palestinian deaths are fictitious.

Sure they do... just because you say so but present no evidence of it.

I'll trust an Israeli civil rights group long before I trust you.
http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/magazine/twilight-zone-the-children-of-5767-1.230132
revelette

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:22 am
@parados,
horrible
parados

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:24 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
There's some confusion here. Israeli civilians have done very little in the way of killing.

http://www.btselem.org/statistics/first_intifada_tables

I'll let the actual numbers speak for themselves
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:29 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Sure they do... just because you say so but present no evidence of it.

I don't keep a ready list of cites to all the times the Palestinians have been busted fabricating death claims.

And their lies have been busted so many times that I shouldn't need to.

parados wrote:
I'll trust an Israeli civil rights group long before I trust you.
http://www.haaretz.com/weekend/magazine/twilight-zone-the-children-of-5767-1.230132

I did not see anywhere where they denied that Palestinians fabricate claims. Is this link supposed to contradict me somehow?

That said, it would be folly to trust them to tell the whole truth. As I recall this is the same group that created the chart you linked earlier -- a chart which pretended that "Palestinian children killed in self defense as they tried to murder people" were somehow equal to "Israeli children murdered in cold blood as they minded their own business".
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:35 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

http://www.btselem.org/statistics/first_intifada_tables

I'll let the actual numbers speak for themselves

Notice how those numbers show more than 90% of the Palestinians as being killed by soldiers and not by civilians?
oralloy

Reply Wed 26 Sep, 2012 07:42 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:
horrible

Meh. Even assuming that the cases aren't fabricated, that's just what happens when the Palestinians insist on trying to murder innocent people.

If the Palestinians don't want people to defend themselves against them, they should maybe consider not attacking people.