Will Romney get more votes than Gary Johnson?

raprap

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:47 am
Consideing that the Romney/Ryan Campaign seem to step from one cow pie to the next cow pie.

Do you think that the 'anybody but Obama' voters will decide to abandon the bumbling GOP head of party candidates and go Libertatian? If so, could this be the birth cry of a viable third political party?

Rap
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 2,072 • Replies: 25

JPB

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:53 am
@raprap,
In my dreams!

The Ron Paul supporters in swing states are already indicating that they plan on doing just that. I'm supporting him too, but I'm not in a swing state.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:53 am
@raprap,
Any third party would be a refreshing and welcome change. But I don't see it happening any time soon.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:00 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:

Consideing that the Romney/Ryan Campaign seem to step from one cow pie to the next cow pie.

Well they've lost Desperate Dan's vote.
http://www.darrenstraight.com/blog/images/2007/11/desperate_dan.jpg
farmerman

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 08:28 am
@izzythepush,
what part of the pie ingredient list is he eating? Looks like a toadstool. (or maybe it a turdstool)
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:30 pm
@farmerman,
Maybe it's the liver.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 12:59 pm
@farmerman,
Looks like an oyster to me.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:31 pm
Gary Johnson has filed an anti-trust law suit against both parties in an attempt to get into the debates.

Quote:
Johnson is asking the courts to force the CPD to allow for all candidates who are on the ballot in enough states to reach 270 electoral votes to have a spot on the debate state.

According to a release, Johnson’s running mate and retired California Superior Court Judge Jim Gray will argue the motion on the campaign’s behalf.Source
JPB

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:32 pm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 04:05 pm
@JPB,
Good for him, I think.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 07:07 pm
@raprap,
Certainly there will be a relative few, but the idea that Johnson could get more votes than Romney is a bizarre fantasy.

Obviously, you are assuming that Romney will get a lot less votes than Obama.

It's a very close race and the possibility of an Obama victory certainly exists, but with the exception of skewed outlier polls there are no reliable indicators that he will win in a landslide.

You are buying into the propaganda of the MSM.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:02 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Gary Johnson has filed an anti-trust law suit against both parties in an attempt to get into the debates.

If he makes it, I might cozy up to someone who owns a television.

Seriously, I would very much like Johnson to get enough votes to make the effort in 2016, and be taken seriously.

I do notice that New Mexican governors have had an unwholesome interest in the Presidency this time around. There are few politicians I like less than Bill Richardson, but I would be content with either Johnson or Martinez.
raprap

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 05:19 am
Somehow this explains why our schools score so badly in science when the Republican nominee for the POTUS says this---

Romney wrote:
When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem. So it’s very dangerous. And she was choking and rubbing her eyes. Fortunately, there was enough oxygen for the pilot and copilot to make a safe landing in Denver. But she’s safe and sound.

Rap
JPB

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 06:11 am
@roger,
Hopefully this link will work... it's his recent presentation at Duke University.

http://vimeo.com/49986113
JPB

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 11:45 am
Gary Johnson on C-SPAN

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/JohnsonL
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 12:57 pm
@JPB,
The video doesn't work for me, but it may for others.

The second video worked, but I don't think Johnson has any chance of changing congress to approve his extreme positions. No way.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:02 pm
@raprap,
honestly, you need to change your nom de plumme to "rapmoron"
raprap

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I will if you change yours.

I see the R$ spin is that he was making a joke---pretty funny considering that his wifey was at peril.

Rap
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:33 pm
@raprap,
Why would I?

You need to be more honest about your credentials.
raprap

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 06:58 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What are my credentials bub?

That I don't think R$ was being funny or that I don't think he was telling a joke?

All in all I'm of the opinion is that R$ couldn't find his way around a classical physics problem--something that I spent a career around as an engineer.

Take your pick; opening a window on a passenger jet at 500 mph at 35,000 feet is an unfunny joke or an indication of a fundamental ignorance of natural science.

Those are my credentials, bub--what are yours?

Rap