Am i creepy or annoying?

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:16 pm
i know a girl from my friends , i added her on fb and i started messaging " thank u 4 the accept or sth like that " i used to message her on fb and talk about university and natural things , until that one day i asked her on fb how is she doing ? , and she didn't respond to me , that was a week ago , now i want to message her and say " sorry but i don't want to be creepy or annoying , but do you mind if i attend a class with you in the univ. " ,, is that a good behavior from me ? am i creepy ? shall i send her this msg ?

MMarciano

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:35 pm
@madridifan,
Why do YOU thinks its creepy? you're asking if you can attend a class with her, you're not asking her to marry you.
Mame

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:51 pm
I dunno. I think it's creepy. Why don't you just man up and attend whatever classes you want?
roger

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:09 pm
@Mame,
I dunno, either. Maybe taking a class together is now the hot tip for a first date.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:55 pm
@madridifan,
When you "used" to message her of fb, was it on-going, like alot?

She may have felt you are "ok" and re-added you, then with your message of "how are you doing?", she may have remembered how much you used to communicate with her and deliberately isn't replying.

Some people see fb as a place to see what everyone is up to, how they are doing, feel a part of their friends/familys lives. They aren't there to "chat" actually I have mine off line all the time for that reason, imagine? 200 odd friends , 50 are on-line, and all of a sudden you have 4 trying to chat with you, or message you as they see you are on line... It can be overwhelming.

When you say " how are you? " read her page. It tells you how she is, what she is up to doesn't it? Or, she hasn't been on for a while and hasn't written anything... It's not a ticket in my opinion for a "chat room" when you be-friend someone, rather a place to see how everyone is going and you may definately chat with your close friends, but then, that's what mobile phones and text messages are for IDK.

I am imagining that you used to message her too much before...

jespah

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:04 am
@MMarciano,
Maybe it's a pre-Cana class.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 06:12 am
What does "attend a class with you" mean? You want permission to enroll in a class that she is also taking or you want to audit her class with her?

Ask her and her friends out for coffee or drinks. Get to know the entire group and then if there is some feeling on her part you can go from there.

Being needy is creepy and annoying. Try to stop acting so desperate around girls. It's a real trun-off.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:14 am
@madridifan,
madridifan wrote:

i know a girl from my friends , i added her on fb and i started messaging " thank u 4 the accept or sth like that " i used to message her on fb

It's possible, she really doesn't know who you are and just accepted your friend request because you know someone she does know.

Quote:
and talk about university and natural things ,

Is this really a one sided talk? Do you do all of the talking and all she does is answer your questions and comments on your comments in a superficial one or two word answer or does she give them thoughtful answers.

Quote:
until that one day i asked her on fb how is she doing ? , and she didn't respond to me , that was a week ago , now i want to message her and say " sorry but i don't want to be creepy or annoying , but do you mind if i attend a class with you in the univ. " ,, is that a good behavior from me ? am i creepy ? shall i send her this msg ?

Make sure she knows who you are first. On the face value, it seems like you're behavior as described here is at the level of minor stalking. Perhaps you should go through an actual friend you have in common to vouch for you and your intentions (which you do in fact need to spell out) in order to not sound creepy. Are you interested in being real world friends or in dating? Etc....
madridifan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:50 am
@FOUND SOUL,
hey , in the univ. she asked me if i was that guy from fb , and i said yes , so we talked about for 2 mnts and she left the class, after then in the next few days i saw her and she didn't say anything .. is she waiting for me to talk to her or what ?
0 Replies

madridifan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 07:58 am
@tsarstepan,
in our conver. she congratulated me for my graduation and she posted on my wall , wen i had to leave the conversation on fb , she said : take care ... well can anyone explain ?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 10:29 am
@madridifan,
Since we are not a forum of mind readers. Only she can explain her words.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:02 am
Yes, you're creepy. She was just being friendly and you were virtually breathing down her neck every day. If you met someone at a party and then showed up the next day at their house for dinner, went into the living room and sat on the sofa, put your feet on the coffee table and shouted out: "Hey, someone bring me a cold one!"--you'd be a creep.

Same story here. Just because she was civil enough to be friendly to you doesn't mean she wants to hear from you every day or have you walk to class every day.

You're being creepy, believe it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:10 am
It so nice to have that phase of my life so far in the past.

My comment to the author of this thread however that is from looking back is not to take everything involving a pretty girl/woman as if the outcome is life and death.

Approach her in a friendly manner and perhaps slip in a comment that she have pretty eyes or some such as you are looking into them.

If she could be even mildly interested in you she will let you know if not then try talking to the girl sitting across from you.

Whatever you do it is not worth it to live in a fantasy world with your theme song being "It just my Imagination running away with me".

Now there was this knock out long hair blond in the 1960s who when she would walked across the campus I would hear that damn song in my mind until I got the nerve to ask her out.

Kathy Downing those you are likely to be a grandmother or even a great grandmother by now in my mind eyes you always be that picture of female beauty walking across the campus.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:14 am
there you have it.

I consider mr lliB to be an expert on creepy and annoying...
BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:33 am
@Rockhead,
Thank dear but I did get a few dates with my dream girl and I am ever grateful that I did somehow worked up the courage to approach her in that manner.

Creepy to be young as this thread author happen to be and in awe of the female sex?

It is however a time that it is more fun to look back on then to live through.

0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:38 am
@madridifan,
Am i creepy or annoying?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 11:51 am
@Rockhead,
In some way the nerds are luckier then the young men who are players as I question if the players ever had known the feelings of having a perfect 18 years old heart skipping a beat or two over seeing a young lady just walking in the distance.

But then once more it is more fun thinking back to those times then living in them.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 18 Sep, 2012 05:42 pm
@madridifan,
Quote:
hey , in the univ. she asked me if i was that guy from fb , and i said yes , so we talked about for 2 mnts and she left the class, after then in the next few days i saw her and she didn't say anything .. is she waiting for me to talk to her or what ?

I am just going to get my Crystal Ball out, hold on a sec... Where is it? Oh there it is, hold on, I need to light a candle and concentrate... Burb. oops sorry about that.. Now, .......Your photo is on facebook.. She saw you in person, you be-friended her, she saw that you were friends with alot of people she knows so she accepted. She is polite, she says thank you.

Now I see, dang, " I used to" meant I was... ok.. So, you would message her and again she was polite, she'd answer. Then you got up close and personal... Like a dating site. 'Hey, how ya doing". Er, check my page, it's all there oh no he likes me, he's going to stalk me now... Now, you want to get even more close up and personal and try to do the dating thing, yes you are, uni, class, sit next to you....

She sees you in uni... (in the class) so you went from " do you mind If I attend a class with you".. To not actually sending that to her and just turning up and doing it...

She spoke for 2 minutes only, excused herself ignored you.

She knows what you are up to... And, she is not interested.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 01:40 pm
Quote:
Am i creepy or annoying?

Why limit yourself, can't you be both?
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2012 02:01 pm
@izzythepush,
That was MY question.

Joe(and now we will never know)Nation
0 Replies