Netanyahu Says World Has No 'Moral Right' To Stop Israel From Attacking Iran

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 01:33 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Post-election, should he win, he lets them swing in the wind.

I don't see much threat to Israel should they unilaterally bomb Iran.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 01:37 am
@msolga,
Quote:
In effect, Netanyahu was saying at the Jerusalem media conference that if Washington was not prepared to do the job, it could not stand in Israel's way. To which a sceptical Obama might reasonably have asked: ''Yeah? You and whose army?''

Israel is capable of doing it on their own.

Quote:
There is great disagreement in Israeli military and intelligence circles, among senior officers and their predecessors, on the wisdom and timing of any unilateral Israeli strike on Iran's widely dispersed and, in some cases, deeply bunkered nuclear installations.

Not all that deep. Iran seems incapable of building a proper bunker.

Quote:
But Americans apparently are not enamoured of the idea of fighting Israel's war. In a poll released on Monday by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs, 70 per cent of American respondents opposed a unilateral US military campaign against Iran and 59 per cent said Israel should be left to its own devices if it were to bomb Iran and then to call for American help.

It's not "Israel's war".

Iranian nukes would be bad news for the entire world, including the US.

Quote:
Anxiety about Iran's nuclear program focuses almost entirely on the power that Tehran might derive - and abuse - from having a nuclear arsenal. But if the debate is viewed in the context of the power Israel wields with a nuclear arsenal that reportedly numbers 200 or more warheads, the equation is upended.

Not really. Iran will be much more troublesome if they are allowed to develop nukes. They are not comparable to a responsible democracy like Israel.

Quote:
This question is being examined with increasing seriousness in Foreign Affairs and other such journals. Collectively, these papers were pushed to the front of the debate this week when Bill Keller, a former executive editor of The New York Times, wrote of them as the work of ''serious, thoughtful people who are willing to contemplate a nuclear Iran, kept in check by the time-tested assurance of retaliatory destruction''.

If it is OK for nations to violate the NPT so long as there is a nuclear deterrent, then I guess it is also OK for us to also ignore the NPT, and supply Israel with advanced nuclear weapons designs so they have such a deterrent?

We should also back out of our arms reduction treaties and resume nuclear weapons testing I suppose.

Or was the left envisioning some scenario where we allow the bad guys to break the law and build up nuclear arsenals while we continue to comply with the NPT and draw down our arsenal???

If so, that isn't going to happen, no matter how much the left dreams about it.

Quote:
In the same journal, Frank Procida, a national intelligence fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, dismisses oft-stated fears that a nuclear-armed Iran would spark a regional nuclear arms race - ''a Persian bomb should not be any more significant to [other countries in the region] than a Jewish one''.

No arms race???

If Iran is allowed to flagrantly violate the NPT and develop nuclear weapons with no one acting to stop them, then any other nation who desires the same will also be allowed to develop nukes.

Quote:
Despite the Iranian leadership's hyperbole on the fate of Israel, Procida concludes Iran's past actions and public comments by its clerical leadership suggest it would not risk the devastation of nuclear retaliation by the US and/or Israel.

Yet if the US turned its back on nuclear disarmament in order to ensure that both we and Israel have a sound retaliatory capability, this same guy would be having a major meltdown.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:04 am
@msolga,
Some of us sympathised with the oppressed Felix, although there are others who get quite a kick from vicariously following the jackboot.
InfraBlue

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Allow fecund Arabs to overrun Israel and the problem will disappear.

So, what's your hang up with fecundity? Right now the most fecund population in Israel is the Haredim. They're Jewish.

Or is your probelm more specifically, Arab fecundity?

Quote:
Of course "the problem" will rapidly replaced by the problems we now see in Syria, Iran, Egypt, Lebanon et al.

How do you figure?

JTT

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:32 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:
Or is your probelm more specifically, Arab fecundity?

Good point, Infra.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 05:43 pm
@InfraBlue,
I have no problem with the fecundity of Arab, I merely acknowledge it and, frankly, laugh at you attempting to introduce into this discussion the birth rate of Haredim. Allow Arabs the right of return and their birth rate will overwhelm that of Isarelis, no matter the individual faction.

Do you disagree?

You are for the Righ of Return which by any analysis means the end of the Jewish State of Israel.

If that's what you are for why won't you simply say so?

Should Israel come to be governed by Palestinians, first of all it will no longer me Israel...a Muslim Arab majority will change the name in an instant.

Secondly it will become yet another Arab state and populate by dyfunctional Palestinians for who generationa have grown up with hate and anger.

It will quickly becaone another failed state like Syrai, Lebanon etc.

JTT

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 06:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

You're drunk again, Finn. Here's another idiotic conclusion from the A2K champion of idiotic comments.

Let's have the US install brutal dictators in every country of the world, aren't they damn close to it now?

That'll keep things organized.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 16 Sep, 2012 11:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Some of us sympathised with the oppressed Felix,
although there are others who get quite a kick from vicariously following the jackboot.
Who is "the oppressed Felix" ?

David
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 01:16 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Secondly it will become yet another Arab state and populate by dyfunctional Palestinians for who generationa have grown up with hate and anger.

Any other races you'd like to condemn Finn? You're using exactly the same argument that the Puritans used to rob the Native Americans of their lands.

Then again someone who thinks that a sixth generation New Yorker has more right to live in a house in Palestine than someone whose grandfather was turfed out at gunpoint a few years ago, has their own system of logic.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 01:18 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You've become very unforgiving of late for minor errors of late Dave. I'm sorry I missed a comma, and humbly beg your forgiveness.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:32 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
You've become very unforgiving of late for minor errors of late Dave.
I'm sorry I missed a comma, and humbly beg your forgiveness.
OK; sorry to have been un-forgiving.
In that case: may I know who the non-oppressed Felix is ?
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:35 am
@OmSigDAVID,
http://en.gravatar.com/userimage/10459582/9f6500cd2ae6599ad934f60dbbdbfe99.png
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
OK; sorry to have been un-forgiving.
In that case: may I know who the non-oppressed Felix is ?

I think maybe Felix The Cat is the image that msolga uses for her avatar.
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:42 am
@oralloy,
Beat you to it, oralloy.
And saved Izzy from having to respond again.
My goodness, David, you're like a dog with a bone! Wink
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:43 am
@msolga,
Maybe David wasn't allowed to watch cartoons when he was a boy.
msolga

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:48 am
@izzythepush,
If true, that's very sad! Sad

(Now I think we should get back on topic.
Starting to feel guilty about this digression.)
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:54 am
@msolga,
Nobody has a right to attack any other nation, pre-emptive or otherwise. You can't make special cases for anyone.

In any event the fascists in Israel and the Mullahs in Iran feed off each other. They make a big song and dance about the threat to world peace the other one poses, so they can justify brutally suppressing the opposition (Iran,) or brutally suppressing an occupied people (Israel.)
oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 05:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Nobody has a right to attack any other nation, pre-emptive or otherwise.

International law says otherwise. Preemptive strikes are a legitimate form of self defense.

izzythepush wrote:
brutally suppressing an occupied people

Oh nonsense. The Palestinians aren't being occupied, and preventing a Palestinian from murdering people is hardly "brutal suppression".
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 05:17 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Maybe David wasn't allowed to watch cartoons when he was a boy.
I did whatever I pleased,
which included buying Felix the Cat comic books.
I think I still have them. I had forgotten.
I knew the image, but I forgot.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 05:20 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Nobody has a right to attack any other nation, pre-emptive or otherwise.
You can't make special cases for anyone.
I must disagree. Self defense for survival justifies it.
That outranks everything.

David
0 Replies