Does freedom of speech excuse preaching hate?

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 01:41 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn, with your Republican party chums bringing in laws that could potentially disenfranchise thousands of elderly black voters they are bringing Jim Crow back.

I love the fact that in your twisted mind my post is vile, not the Jim Crow legislation.

We're funding your nuclear weapons research by buying Trident from you, not the other way round. You've really taken the Fox News approach to facts on board.

Who are you protecting us from anyway?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:52 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Maybe this cartoon will help.
http://scotterb.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/doonesbury2.gif
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Finn, with your Republican party chums bringing in laws that could potentially disenfranchise thousands of elderly black voters they are bringing Jim Crow back.

Don't be silly. All the Republicans are doing is preventing the Democrats from cheating in elections.

You are evil, so of course ethical concepts like "not cheating" are completely foreign to you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:28 am
@Walter Hinteler,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Do u consider yourself to be in Europe, Izzy ?
Walter Hinteler wrote:
I can't respond for Izzy, but ... was there a another continental drift recently, David?
I was under the impression
that the English did not consider themselves to be part of Europe.
I certainly cannot speak for them, of course. I 'm not up-to-date on this point.

David
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 04:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It depends who you talk to David. We've got a history of looking outward, but I'm quite happy to be a member of the EU.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 09:52 am
@OmSigDAVID,
You can make such an uninformed statement, because you don't understand how involved the UK is in Europe.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:05 am
@izzythepush,
David wasn't asking about the EU - the UK is a member of the Council of Europe (since its very beginnin, 5 May 1949), the OSCE (as well from the very beginning in 1970's onwards), and of the European Union ... since 1973.

I think that the British Isles are still situated on the European continental shelf ...
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:12 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:
David wasn't asking about the EU - the UK is a member of the Council of Europe (since its very beginnin, 5 May 1949), the OSCE (as well from the very beginning in 1970's onwards), and of the European Union ... since 1973.

I think that the British Isles are still situated on the European continental shelf ...
Izzy can let us know
whether the English refer to "The Continent" of Europe
as being something DISTINCT from England, or not.

David
georgeob1

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:13 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Yes, but they're outside the Eurozone shelf.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:34 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Well obviously, we're an island nation. Vive la difference and all that. Doesn't mean we're not part of Yerp.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

They've got very long memories in the Middle East, they still talk about the crusades as if it were yesterday. The West has a very long tradition of warfare and exploitation with the Arab world, and America, (in Arab eyes at least,) is part of that tradition. So it doesn't really matter that the last war we fought, along with the French, while America provided logistical support, was in Libya.

Read my post on Ansar Al-Sharia, and follow the link, you might actually learn something.

The "war you fought" in Libya was hardly a war at all.

A great deal happened in the Middle east and North Africa between the Crusades and 2012. There was the French conquest and colonialism of Algeria, Tunis & (partly) Morrocco which started in the 1830s; the British theft of the Suez canal in a stock scam 45 or so years later, which gradually made Egypt a Brirtish "protectorate", only nominally under Ottoman control; the Anglo French dismemberment of the Ottoman Empire during WWI and post war colonialism from Syria to Iraq, Oman and Egypt; British duplicity in promising Palestine both to European Zionists and to the Hashemites who had recently been forced out of Mecca and Medina.... all capped off by the cowardly abandonment of the place in 1947, after the consequences of British lies had created the chaos we are still dealing with today. Then, of course there was the British exploitation of Iran's petroleum reserves in the early 1950s (and America's foolish decision to help our ally by funding a British organized coup to restore the Shah and overthrow Mossadegh in 1953); and finally the 1956 British, French and Israeli invasion of Suex in 1956.

The exodus of European Jews to Palestine after WWII was a result of the horrors inflicted on them (very often vith the silent compliance of local populations) during WWII, and the simple fact that these "displaced persons" (the euphamism then used to describe them) were not welcome back in their old homes from which they had been forcibly evicted. That they, in turn, merely imitated their former European oppressors in dealing with the local Palestinian population is an understandable feature of human nature.

The clear fact so evident here is that the distemper affecting most of the Moslem world is in major part directly traceable to European conquest and colonial misrule over the past two centuries, as well as some still unresolved contradictions within the Moslem tradition.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 11:43 am
@georgeob1,
Like 23 or so other European countries.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
for something to be a rationalization the one doing it must believe that the act or thought is some how wrong. I most certainly dont believe that sexual freedom of 15 year olds is wrong, in fact my argument is specifically that it is right. we see here another example of an allegedly educated A2K'er using words incorrectly.

That's only part of the mechanisms of rationalization. The rationalizer must perceive his own behavior and feelings as being wrong, or merely perceive that these are thought of as wrong by others.

Quote:
i did, but maybe you were not paying attention again.....free speech, the right to self determination of our mind and opinions, and the right to be free from violence when others dont like our opinions.

I don't usually pay attention to your posts. I had responded to the article you pasted, and then you responded with your usual non-sequiturs.

Self determination of mind and opinion applies universally. That includes the right of others to opine about your opinions, which is what you end up boo ******* hooing about when the discussions you involve yourself in don't go your way.

It's laughably naive to expect others to hold back irrational responses in the face of insulting opinions.

Try hurling epithets against some of the minorities you come across, and see what kinds of physical reactions you'll provoke. Yeah, sticks and stones. . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:07 pm
@georgeob1,
You're wasting your time. Izzy the Putz only knows what he has paraphrased from the newpapers. If he hasn't read it in the Guardian, it ain't true.
Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 02:51 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Well obviously, we're an island nation. Vive la difference and all that. Doesn't mean we're not part of Yerp.

In my opinion, the UK is like a small, nerdy kid that struts around the schoolyard, knowing his big brother (ther U.S.A.) will intercede if any of the known bullies bothers his little brother.

We both don't speak English, and Episcopaleans aren't on this or that corporate board for nothing.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:23 pm
@Setanta,
He's wasting his time because he's on ignore, and you're just a snide little muppet with a very limited imagination.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:24 pm
@Foofie,
As always Fluff, you're opinion isn't worth bothering with.
Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:24 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

izzythepush wrote:

In my opinion, the UK is like a small, nerdy kid that struts around the schoolyard, knowing his big brother (ther U.S.A.) will intercede if any of the known bullies bothers his little brother.

We both don't speak English, and Episcopaleans aren't on this or that corporate board for nothing.

I liked this post so much, I am repeating it!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:26 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

As always Fluff, you're opinion isn't worth bothering with.

With a name like Izzy, should anyone wish you a happy and healthy Rosh Hashonah?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 17 Sep, 2012 03:27 pm
@Foofie,
You can wish me whatever you want Fluff, and I'll return it in the same spirit.