Does freedom of speech excuse preaching hate?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
I'm pointing out the high level of collateral damage.
Presumably, the level is a lot lower
than more traditional, more brutal methods. Yes ??

U understand that we don 't wanna waste our combat drones ?

Its a lot like a longer distance sniping,
in preference to infantry invasions or to carpet bombing.

The English have snipers, right ?

David
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:44 am
I'm sure those words are of great comfort to the bereaved.

I suspect the main motivation in using drones is cost and the low risk involved to allied forces, not concern for the welfare of the civilian population.

One bit of good news, Afghanistan played England in the 20/20 World Cup in Sri Lanka today.
engineer

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 02:10 pm
@izzythepush,
I enjoy 20/20. I think that could be played in the US.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Thay may be of comfort to American citizens & taxpayers.
Sniping Drones r just not as much trouble.

izzythepush wrote:
I suspect the main motivation in using drones is cost and the low risk
involved to allied forces, not concern for the welfare of the civilian population.
Its a win-win situation.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 05:42 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Its a win-win situation.

Is that how you would describe the situation in the Moslem world vis a vis America?
oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:12 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I propose we switch to carpetbombing by heavy bombers for a month every time anyone complains over the collateral damage from small precision-guided missiles.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
izzythepush wrote:

Presumably, the level is a lot lower
than more traditional, more brutal methods. Yes ??

Yes.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 06:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

If they didn't want a war, they shouldn't have started a war.

izzythepush wrote:
I suspect the main motivation in using drones is cost and the low risk involved to allied forces, not concern for the welfare of the civilian population.

No, carpetbombing by heavy bombers is also low-risk and cheap.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:37 pm
@izzythepush,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Its a win-win situation.
izzythepush wrote:
Is that how you would describe the situation in the Moslem world vis a vis America?
No.

That is how I describe surgical strikes (sniping),
as distinct from major infantry invasions or from broad carpet bombing.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:44 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I suspect the main motivation in using drones is cost and the low risk involved to allied forces,
not concern for the welfare of the civilian population.
The US Government has NO JURISDICTION (1Oth Amendment) to become concerned
qua the welfare of alien populations.

To the extent that it does,
that is a USURPATION of power and an embezzlement
of any funds that r applied in support of that concern.

David
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So much for hearts and minds then, you might as well tell moderate secular Moslems that Al Qaida is right, America is waging a war against Islam, not extremism.
oralloy

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 04:00 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
So much for hearts and minds then

If they choose to join the terrorists in waging war against us, then they die too.

We have more than enough TNT for everyone.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:53 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
America is waging a war against Islam, not extremism.

America is waging a war to hide their very own extremism. Count the number of innocents dead around the world that the US has slaughtered compared to the miniscule count in the US.

Nothing like a fantasy war to get idiots like Oralboy and OmSigDodo jerking off in their easy chairs.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 12:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
So much for hearts and minds then,
That 's a forlorn hope, Izzy.
The Moslems poisoned our image among Moslem children
in their Moslem schools, on a religious basis. To them, we r "The Infidels", ergo:
attack on the World Trade Center & the Pentagon.

izzythepush wrote:
you might as well tell moderate secular Moslems
R thay like secular Catholics ?

izzythepush wrote:
that Al Qaida is right, America is waging a war against Islam, not extremism.
Thay have been violent with us.
It does not look like thay intend to STOP.
We need to deal with that.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You need to open your eyes David. You're being wilfully ignorant.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 02:41 pm
@izzythepush,
Of what ?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 02:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The real problem here David isn't that we disagree on what to do politically, but that you won't face reality. You want to blame all Moslems for 9/11, which is absolutely ridiculous. At the same time you believe this nonsense about 9/11 being because Moslems hate America's freedoms, and has absolutely nothing to do with America's actions in the Arab world.

That is simply not true. Why do you think there were further protests in Libya today? Ordinary Moslems, sickened by the attack on the embassy are driving the extremists out.

Quote:
The militia suspected of killing the US ambassador to Libya nearly two weeks ago has been driven out of its base in the eastern city of Benghazi.
Police and protesters stormed the HQ of the Islamist group Ansar al-Sharia.

The HQ of the Sahaty Brigade, said to have official backing, was also stormed. At least nine people were killed there, another died elsewhere.

The attack on the US consulate was triggered by an amateur video made in the US which mocks Islam.

Witnesses say supporters of Ansar al-Sharia gathered outside its Benghazi headquarters, in front of the crowd, waving black and white banners.

They fired into the air to try to disperse the protesters, but fled with their weapons after the base was surrounded by waves of people shouting "No to militias".Buildings and a car were set alight and fighters evicted.

In a statement later, a spokesman for the group said militiamen had evacuated the premises after their commander had ordered to "hand them over to the people of Benghazi" to preserve security.

However, in a standoff outside the headquarters of the Sahaty Brigade in the city, three people were killed and at least 20 injured according to witnesses and officials.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

Blaming a whole swathe of people for the actions of a tiny minority puts you in the same mindset as Torquemada and Himmler.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:21 pm
@izzythepush,
I really don't understand how good Muslims can work to drive out extremists in their country, while in our country, the extremist conservatives who are suppressing voters, taking away women's rights, and are destroying our democracy are supported by more than a few conservatives. Any "good" conservative aren't speaking out against these atrocities against our own citizens, and their silence is deafening!

What's going on? I know in my heart that there are good conservatives out there!
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:24 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Ordinary Moslems, sickened by the attack on the embassy are driving the extremists out.
Blaming a whole swathe of people for the actions of a tiny minority puts you in the same mindset as Torquemada and Himmler

and the there is this

Quote:
A Pakistani government minister on Saturday announced a $100,000 bounty for the killing of the person who produced an online film that denigrates the Prophet Muhammad.
Federal Minister for Railways Ghulam Ahmed Bilour also asked the Taliban and al-Qaida to extend support to the would-be killer.
Speaking at a press conference at the Peshawar Press Club, the federal minister said whoever is responsible for blasphemy deserves death.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/22/14036172-pakistan-official-offers-100000-reward-for-killing-of-maker-of-anti-prophet-muhammad-film?lite

how much do you want a bet that the muslims in his circle not only do not punish him for this act, but rather reward him for being a "good muslim"?

the will of the collective is knowable, and in some cases should be condemned.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 03:46 pm
maybe the demonstrations in Benghazi have something to do with the killing of Americans or free speech, but then again maybe not

Quote:
Earlier, some 30,000 protesters marched through Benghazi calling for an end to the armed groups and a return to the rule of law.

There has been a wave of hostility towards the militias since US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three others Americans died in last week's attack on the Benghazi consulate.

"I don't want to see armed men wearing Afghani-style clothes stopping me in the street to give me orders, I only want to see people in uniform," said university student Omar Mohammed, who took part in the takeover of the Ansar al-Sharia compound.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19680785

but I am not shocked to find small minded people on the left assuming that the muslims marching though Benghazi care about the same things we do...... because they are fine upstanding folk dont you know....