Does freedom of speech excuse preaching hate?

gungasnake

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 02:51 am
@izzythepush,
You seem to be ignoring the question of your originally accusing Terry Jones of producing this video, Poop, Cat got your tongue or something??
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 02:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Oralboy prefers dogma to truth.
If hate crime were made illegal he'd have absolutely nothing to say.
Do u imply that "crime" can be legal ?

izzythepush wrote:
He's the only poster who actually agrees with the message in this film.

He constantly makes things up, and ignores reputable sources preferring his own paranoid [??] imaginings.
Has he posted that anyone is following him, or spying on him, or persecuting him ?
Has he alleged that he has super powers ?

David
gungasnake

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 02:55 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Has he alleged that he has super powers ?

Poop likely views feeding and dressing himself as super powers, which he aspires to obtain some bright day.....
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:42 am
It's really hilarious to see the hysterical Izzy the Putz ranting about the United States and the 18th century--this from a silly little nation which has been a monarchy for more than 1500 years.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!

Americans get to see how others see them all the time at th is site, where foreigners flock in in droves to bad-mouth the nation and the people. Not a lot of band width, however, is wasted here telling the English, or anyone elase, just how foolish they look when they spew their hysteria.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 03:51 am
@gungasnake,
I admit that when I originally posted I was under the impression that Jones was involved in the production of the film as opposed to the promotion. You waited until the facts became clearer before posting, believing it gave you some sort of advantage. That's how stupid you really are.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 04:02 am
@Setanta,
Nobody looks as foolish as you Malvolio, although it's pleasing to see you've finally admitted paraphrasing Wikipedia, as opposed to cutting and pasting, which is what an honest man would do.

Sorry that your love-in with Fluff and Finnbar was so short lived. You've got so much in common, you're all from New York, and misanthropic to the extreme. Maybe the three of you should move in together for some new reality TV show. There's a few catchphrases out there already, your 'sammich,' Fluff's 'in my opinion,' and Finnbar's nostalic remembering of Jim Crow could make you all famous.

In deference to the Marquis de Sade, how about calling it Forty Days of Sodomy? That should be right up your street. In the meantime you can all dance along to this and dream of what could be.

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:06 am
@izzythepush,
I did not, of course, make any such admission. As for misanthropes, you excel in that to a degree which no one here can match. What is more telling, though, is that you cannot sustain your vitriolic attacks on Americans and the United States. You have steadfastly avoided the question of who is to determine what is truth and what is not, and you have provided no evidence at all for your hysteria about our legal system valuing lies over truth. It's part and parcel of the kind of hysterical accusations you love to make, because, in fact, you have no sound argument which you advance, substantiate and defend.

You're really rather pathetic in that regard. Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:29 am
@Setanta,
I think your memory is going Malvolio. You should get that checked out.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:31 am
I don't think, i know you have nothing substantive to offer in this discussion, so you rely on hysterical accusations--lies, in plain speech--and personal sneers and insults. It's all you have in your paltry bag of tricks.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:39 am
@Setanta,
You're right, you don't think. I have tried to focus on whether or not hate crime legislation, like we have, would be a good thing. You, and those like you, can't have a frank discussion about anything without resorting to personal attacks. I've only responded in a simiolar vein when attacked. Remember you started all this, as you always do, by attacking me. I try to ignore most of your nonsense, but you're quite desperate to be noticed.
Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:53 am
@izzythepush,
You don't ignore anything, you're the one who is desparate to be noticed, and therefore can't let a resonse to your posts go by without more hysteria and accusations. In the course of your alleged focusing on hate crime legislation, you stated, categorically, that in the United States, our concept of freedom of speech means that we value lies over the truth. You provided no substantiation for that, you just threw it out there, another of your wild, hysterical accusations. I've asked you again and again who is to determine what is truth and what is not, and you haven't responded--that's because normal debate is beyond your powers. What constitutes the truth, what constitutes legally actionable lies, and how that is determined are at the heart of the issue of free speech. You won't, and i have no doubt, cannot address the issue.

You're a waste of time. Have fun wanking all over the thread, then run off to your small acquaintance to brag about how you put down the Americans once again. Hey, it's not much, but if it's all you've got . . .
izzythepush

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 05:58 am
@Setanta,
Malvolio wrote:
I've asked you again and again who is to determine what is truth and what is not, and you haven't responded--that's because normal debate is beyond your powers

You are very dim Malvolio. These things are determined in a court of law. The legislation has been passed and I've provided links to an explanation of the legislation and at least three cases.

Instead you prefer to wallow in paranoid imaginings instead of what is actually happening in the here and now.
msolga

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 06:04 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Americans get to see how others see them all the time at th is site, where foreigners flock in in droves to bad-mouth the nation and the people.

I don't know if I'm one of the "foreigners" you could be referring to, Setanta? ("foreigners" on A2K? Confused )
If so, so be it.
But with all due respects, the discussion of human rights concerns here (which have also been pointed out by Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, the Red Cross, etc) is NOT for the purpose of "spewing hysteria", bashing the US, or "taking sides".
The point is to draw attention the plight of vulnerable people affected by warfare & conflict in the hope of protecting their human rights.
I don't know how it is possible to discuss the recent past & present conflicts in the middle east & Africa without discussing the impact on ordinary civilians. They have been by far the greatest casualties of the ongoing " war on terror".
If you think that discussion of their predicament is somehow out of line, I totally disagree with you.
Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:04 am
@msolga,
Whether or not you do it is immaterial to the undeniable fact that many people who come to this site exploit it as a platform to bash Americans and the United States. For whaterver you may want to focus on, the point of this thread is not "to draw attention the plight of vulnerable people affected by warfare & conflict in the hope of protecting their human rights." I haven't said that any such discussion is "out of line," it's just not the topic of the thread. In particular, Izzy the Putz was not content to, as he falsely alleges, focus on the excellence of his own nation's hate speech laws. He couldn't pass by without alleging that the concept of free speech in the United States means that we value lies over the truth. He provides no substantiation for this, and dodges the very pertinent question of what is the truth and how is that determined. He makes flings about "18th entury mindsets" (that's rich, coming from the subject of a monarchy over a thousand years old) and indulges any number of hysterical allegations about the United States. He needn't do that just in order to focus on the excellence of his own nation's laws.

A good deal of what people here who are not Americans post is nothing more nor less than America-bashing. At lot of it is down-right silly, too, such as the Diggers insisting on that "Usian" horseshit. From the sublime to the ridiculous, people use this as a venue to rip the United States and all Americans--tarring everyone with a very broad brush indeed.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:21 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
and you have provided no evidence at all for your hysteria about our legal system valuing lies over truth.

You're stark raving bonkers, Set. Your current president stated to the whole nation that he was gonna give the war criminals Bush et al a pass because poor little USA was going thru a bit of a tough time.

Name me one president that has been held to account for the myriad crimes against humanity, the relentless terrorism perpetrated upon so many countries and peoples.

You could probably count on one hand the rank and file military who have ever been punished for their horrendous crimes.

Lies and propaganda rule the US system of government and its people.

As Harold Pinter says,

“The crimes of the U.S. throughout the world have been systematic, constant, clinical, remorseless, and fully documented but nobody talks about them.”

Nobody disputes this because it is indisputable. Nobody really talks about them. The lame attempts to do so, like yours here and elsewhere, are really just more propaganda to avoid really addressing these crimes.

Hell, the crimes of the Reagan administration were pretty much deep sixed because the US didn't want another Watergate. You know, that little event with Nixon that so many in the US loved to crow about as illustrating that the US system of governance worked. What an appalling joke!

You yourself have cast about many lies about Vietnam.

Quote:
You have steadfastly avoided the question of who is to determine what is truth and what is not,

A classic parados move. When we measure the actions of the US against the propagandist truth that the US advances, it illustrates that it's really the United Potemkin Villages of America.

When we measure ongoing and historical US actions against those truths that the USA, basically on its own, established at Nuremberg and Tokyo after WWII, it so bloody apparent that they've described their own crimes to a T.

The evidence that the US legal system values lies over truth sits right there in plain view. It's everywhere.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:30 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

You're an idiot Miller.

It t'ain't your neighborhood lad. So, you should act less pugnacious.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:33 am
@Setanta,
You really are nuts, Finn, oops sorry, I mean Setanta.

After a time, you guys just all seem to be from one big melting pot of propaganda. Sure, the pot hasn't been throughly homogenized, you see the odd varying streak of tint, but when it comes down to the facts, there aren't many of you that have escaped the brainwashing.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:36 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
You're an idiot Miller.

There's that hypocrisy again, Set. Calling out others as 'idiots' after what you post!! Jesus, just take a look at your last two posts in this thread.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:39 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

And yet you won't wager on the outcome of the election.

Don't change the subject. You're too cowardly to say in the open the things you regularly say to people here. I would looove a chance to speak to you in person. Just for the interest to me as a behaviorist and student of human nature, of course.

You might not be aware that many people here would not want to meet others in person, regardless if they were not "cowards." You see, many people have criteria to only meet certain people in person. It goes under the synonym of "clannishness," or some other euphemism. And, clannishness is not based on ethnicity, etc., just similar ideologies, in my opinion.

Some people lose face, in my opinion, if they respond to any of my posts in a civil manners, since I've been sort of open about my background, even though it does not include an actual name. One has to maintain one's social standing in the community, I suspect.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 15 Sep, 2012 07:43 am
From the "protect me from the consequences of my own actions" front...
Quote:
Nakoula reportedly requested deputies step up patrols around his home Wednesday after media descended on the area. At the time, [Sherrif dept spokesman] Whitmore told reporters there had been no disturbance or crime. He's been taken in for questioning...
0 Replies