Mon 10 Sep, 2012 10:31 am
In my view it is expedient to master a conversation topic in English in the following sequence:
1. Learners listen to and pronounce each sentence of English conversations (thematic dialogues and narrative texts with transcripts).
2. Speaking on each conversation topic (imitation of dialogues (role play), ready-made thematic questions and answers with helpful content for using in daily life, narrations/telling stories, talking points and discussions of issues).
3. Learning of additional conversation sentences and vocabulary from English phrase books, conversation books and general thematic English dictionaries that provide useful usage sentences. Making up one's own sentences with difficult vocabulary for potential use in daily life.
4. Extensive reading of thematic texts and materials from various sources.
Telling the content of thematic texts.
5. Writing on real life topics.