psychologist interns

z87z

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 06:24 am
Hello.
I have a few question that I am hoping to find some credible answers for, as I failed to find any answers any where when searching online.
I am an emirati female, currently in my final year in my bachelor's degree in psychology. I would love to come back to the UAE after graduation and peruse a career as a psychologist. I came to know that there is an intern year offered for UAE nationals - and was wondering if it's a paid internship? ie. do interns get paid on monthly basis? if so, approximately how much?
What is covered in the internship year?
After successfully completing the training program, I assume that I will be qualified as a psychologist - will it be under supervision though? and for how many years until I get my license to practice? and is the licensing offered by the HAAD global? ie. will I be recognised as a psychologist in other countries? if so, what countries?
Do HAAD offer any scholarship for those who are wishing on further taking their masters in clinical psychology?

I would be grateful for anyone who could answer my questions.
Thank you. Your help is much appreciated.

Zainab
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,268 • Replies: 2
No top replies

KnowingIt

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 04:11 pm
@z87z,
I would suggest that you contact UAE with these questions. They will be able to better answer them than anyone on this website I think.
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Tue 11 Sep, 2012 05:10 pm
@z87z,
Quote:
and was wondering if it's a paid internship?

Yes, fully paid for those who qualify.

Quote:
do interns get paid on monthly basis? if so, approximately how much?
What is covered in the internship year?

You will be paid weekly, approx. $250 a week depending on the classes you take. Books, lodging and refreshments are complimentary.

Quote:
After successfully completing the training program, I assume that I will be qualified as a psychologist - will it be under supervision though?

Yes, you will. Supervision is required until the supervisor feels you are qualified.

Quote:
and for how many years until I get my license to practice?

It generally takes 3-4 years, although there are those who have completed it faster.

Quote:
and is the licensing offered by the HAAD global? ie. will I be recognised as a psychologist in other countries? if so, what countries?

It is not at this time, we are working to 'broaden' our horizons but at this time we are not global.

Quote:
Do HAAD offer any scholarship for those who are wishing on further taking their masters in clinical psychology?

At this time we do not however we hope to in the near future.
0 Replies