is she pregnant

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:25 pm

Is she pregnant?!! Please help! So my girlfriend and I, last week had sex. I put it in just for a few seconds and pulled out, but I think I precumed before i stuck it in, I really don't know... then today, we had sex without a condom but before I put it inside her I wiped my self and I felt my pre-c*m. So I wiped it off and then we did it. I never came inside her and every time I pulled out to do a different position I always wiped myself just in case but I never came because we didn't have enough time. So I didn't c*m inside her. But I don't know if my prec*m got in her. Is she pregnant or no?!

*However you must know that I pulled out WAYYY before I felt like cumming I'm just scared that my precum got inside her, but I did wipe my penis before I put it in.. I'm not sure...

jespah

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:39 pm
@Paolo5487,
Cripes why the hell are you having sex without a condom if you're not ready to become a parent????

If you're unsure, get a home pregnancy test and have her take it. And pray that it is negative, and be thankful that you dodged a bullet this time.

And if it's positive, for God's sake, learn from this experience, whether you keep the baby or not.

And stop having sex without a condom.

Argh.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 02:49 pm
@Paolo5487,
Depending on where she is in her menstrual cycle you may have to wait another week to 10 days before you can depend on the results of a home pregnancy test. You'll definitely need to wait that long after today's event unless she starts her period in the next week. The ONLY way to determine if she's pregnant so soon after sex is to do a blood test and even that isn't accurate until 5 days after you had sex. Your sperm can live within her for up to 5 days. If she ovulates she could get pregnant tomorrow or any day for the next 4 days from whatever sperm she has now.

When was the first day of her last menstrual period? She may not have regular cycles but at least we can better assess the likelihood of her being fertile last week and/or today.

And NO MORE UNPROTECTED SEX!
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2012 03:32 pm
The responses to this thread are excessive to the point of being deceptive.

The truth is, given the situation described in the original post, it is pretty unlikely that he got his girlfriend pregnant. The chance of one a single act of completely unprotected sex (i.e. ejaculating during coitus) resulting in pregnancy is about 11% there is no time of month where a single act is likely to result in pregnancy.

In the situation described here, where there was no ejaculation makes it even more unlikely.

I understand the idea is a to scare the bejeesus out of this young man so that he will never have unprotected sex again-- and I agree that people who don't want to be parents shouldn't be having unprotected sex.

But this doesn't justify deception. An argument worth making can be made without distorting and exaggerating the facts.

The truthful answer to the question is that it is pretty unlikely (although possible) that this one act that didn't involve ejaculation resulted in pregnancy. It wouldn't hurt to get a pregnancy test, but you could also wait until your girlfriend misses a period since the odds are pretty low.

And... yes I agree with the part about always using a condom.

JPB

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 06:11 am
@maxdancona,
Sorry, max, but I disagree. Depending on where she is in her cycle there is certainly a time in her cycle when a single act of sex is more likely result in pregnancy over other times. If by "likely" you mean more than 50% of the time then you've got data that I don't have to show that a fertile girl at ovulation is unlikely to become pregnant. That said, there is only a 6-day window where she's likely to have viable sperm meet a viable egg. That's the five days before she ovulates and one day afterward. Given the (assumed) age of the op and his partner, it's likely that she's young and doesn't yet have a regular menstrual cycle. Pre-ejaculate contains plenty of sperm to cause impregnation if there's a freshly released egg nearby. It only takes one.

Part of my comment was to prevent her from running out to buy a home pregnancy test today to determine her status after having sex yesterday. It's too early for that test to be informative.
jespah

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 06:52 am
@JPB,
I agree that, if the incident occurred just yesterday, then it's definitely too early for a home pregnancy test.

I am posting from the POV that there are two ways that people can go when they dodge a bullet. One is to make sure they never dodge that bullet again, and they become responsible. The other way is to keep on tempting fate. I am hoping that the OP and his girlfriend are in the former category, and not the latter.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 10:27 am
@JPB,
JBP,

Give me a percentage chance (a ball park estimate). What percentage of times do you think such a single act of unprotected sex will lead to pregnancy? You can assume young fertile adults.

I want to know how far apart we are? Are you really arguing that this act is more likely than not to result in pregnancy? Or are you arguing that since a unwanted pregnancy is so serious that any chance is unacceptable?

I believe that the chance of such an act resulting in pregnancy has to be less than 5%. The general chance for unprotected sex with ejaculation is 11%, and even though pre-ejeculate can possibly result in pregnancy, it is much less likely to cause pregnancy than a real ejaculation.

I think you are confusing what can possibly happen with what is likely to happen..
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:58 pm
I have a wonderful 44 year old "pullout" child.

I can smile about it now, but at 19 being pregnant was a nightmare.

Ye gads, guy, get some condoms.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 09:54 am
@Paolo5487,
I just got off the phone with her and yes, she is pregnant. Hope you can afford the child support.
0 Replies

josh99

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2014 01:39 pm
I don't know
0 Replies