My story of the starvation diet..(updates)

Star07

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 04:35 am
Hi, im doing pretty well with this. it doesn't bother me because the hunger just comes and goes..i also have school today. that wont do anything because i usually don't eat at school. so i will have more updates. comment if you would like to. Smile

Krumple

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 04:54 am
@Star07,
Star07 wrote:

Hi, im doing pretty well with this. it doesn't bother me because the hunger just comes and goes..i also have school today. that wont do anything because i usually don't eat at school. so i will have more updates. comment if you would like to. Smile

When you starve yourself, you slow your metabolism down dramatically. This will have the opposite effect that you want to achieve with weight loss because the small amounts that you will eat then will be converted into fat because your body believes it is starving and must preserve what little it is in taking. This is why starvation diets do not work and only reduce weight temporarily until the person eats and they balloon up and gain extra weight than they had before because they messed up their metabolism.

If you want to lose weight, keep your metabolism running high by eating small amounts through out the day rather than large meals. Eat healthy things like fruits and veggies rather than chips and candy.
0 Replies

KnowingIt

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 04:45 pm
@Star07,
Not eating is never good for you. First of all you will be lacking the proper nutrition that your body needs to survive. And also, as mentioned before, when you finally do eat you will simply gain more weight as your body has been starving and will store the fat.
Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:10 am
@KnowingIt,
im not starving myself im just eating 1 meal a day.....is there something wrong with that?
Krumple

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 04:15 am
@Star07,
Star07 wrote:

im not starving myself im just eating 1 meal a day.....is there something wrong with that?

Nothing but if your goal is to lose weight, then you will fail, I can promise you that. What will happen is if your body is in starvation mode for too long your metabolism will slow down. So that one meal a day you are eating will actually make you gain weight. If I were you, I would break that one meal up into smaller portions and eat it through out the day to keep your body out of starvation mode. Only my advice.
JLNobody

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 11:13 am
@Krumple,
Exactly.
0 Replies

Star07

Reply Wed 5 Sep, 2012 02:59 pm
@Krumple,
i am not starving myself im just cutting down 2 one meal and exercising
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 03:15 pm
@Star07,
So, how are you doing?
Are you losing weight (fat%) while maintaining your muscle tone by doing weight exercises or walking/running?
How's your blood cholesterol? I know you must have had that tested before starting on this routine. Is it up or down or steady? What are the numbers?

What was your BMI when you started?
What is it now?
What are your goals as to BMI/Weight/Strength/Flexibility?

But really, only one question:

How are you?

Joe(we'd like to know)Nation

0 Replies