She thinks I asked her out

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:35 pm
I met a person at a class. She recently moved to my city after her divorce. She drives me home after class. I asked her if she wanted to go to the museum with me (strictly platonic, I like going to museums and art exhibits and my roommates were not interested). She replied by saying that she felt it wasn't a good idea (she thought I asked her out). I feel bad, should I tell her that I wasn't asking her out?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,546 • Replies: 9

Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 07:18 pm
@hellodarkness123,
But you did ask her out. However you weren't trying to romance her. If you and she get a chance to talk, you could inform her. no harm done.
0 Replies

TimeTravel

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 08:11 pm
@hellodarkness123,
If you want a faithful companion that will not misunderstand you and will always listen to you, and be there for you, even if you do not want to make wild passionate love to her, I recommend a golden retriever.
whatiam

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:30 am
@TimeTravel ,
well if you really want to ask her out. you should tell her it directly. but if you don't have such intentions let her know that too.
0 Replies

yuraytom

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 07:14 pm
@hellodarkness123,
nice, thanks for u sharing it!
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 3 Sep, 2012 07:41 pm
@hellodarkness123,
Why should you feel bad for asking her out?
It's her loss.
Move on and don't give it another thought
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2012 05:59 am
Better you should have said: A group of us are going to the museum Sat. Would you like to join us?
0 Replies

ForbiddenGarden

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 07:07 pm
@hellodarkness123,
This is such a rookie mistake. You should know by now that when you ask another adult to spend one on one time together that is separate from work or school they WILL think its a date. Are you sure you dont like her and its not just that you are a bit upset about rejection?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2012 07:12 pm
I agree with Ragman and Panzade. I suppose I should make up my mind on which!

I disagree with Forbidden Garden. Plenty of men and women are just friends and share some interests.
0 Replies

NicolasRoss

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 08:53 pm
@hellodarkness123,
You shouldn't care. If it makes you more comfortable tell her you didn't ask her out. Otherwise, you shouldn't care.
0 Replies