Mel Gibsons (The Passion)

angie

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:34 pm

Gibson's gotta be raking it in $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Controversy is every filmmaker's dream !

0 Replies

Dono

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:04 pm
Mel's Movie
Micah, I saw it and thought it was awesome. I've never seen the Passion presented in such a truthful way. If Mel wanted to agitate someone who doesn't believe in Jesus as Christ, I'm sure this film will do it like no other!!!!!! BTW, take a hanky!!!!!
0 Replies

Dono

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:11 pm
micah wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I thought it did end with the resurrection, maybe I just heard that though.

maybe it does, i don't know....either way, a part 2 would be nice...

Actually, it ends inside Christ's tomb showing him come back to life.
0 Replies

Dono

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:24 pm
No, we are enjoying watching a hypocrite attempt to pull himself out of a corner.

Were you looking in the mirror when you said that bobithob? You people are so blind and you do just want to fight. I read nothing Micah said that agreed or disagreed with Gordon but somehow some of you saw it in there?!?! Then you act like hypocrites and call Micah one. I'm afraid you're wasting your time here, Micah. It's referred to as casting pearls before swine!
0 Replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 07:41 pm
Dono wrote:
I'm afraid you're wasting your time here, Micah. It's referred to as casting pearls before swine!

i'm afraid you might be right
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:07 pm
Dono wrote:
No, we are enjoying watching a hypocrite attempt to pull himself out of a corner.

Were you looking in the mirror when you said that bobithob?

That was a violation of the TOS

Quote:
You people are so blind and you do just want to fight.

Do you read your own writing?

Quote:
I read nothing Micah said that agreed or disagreed with Gordon but somehow some of you saw it in there?!?!

Do you read the writing of others?

Quote:
Then you act like hypocrites and call Micah one. I'm afraid you're wasting your time here, Micah. It's referred to as casting pearls before swine!

You are both free to go anytime. Don't let us stand in your way. Bubye boys...have fun stormin' the castle!

Think they'll make it?

It'd take a miracle!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:34 pm
Re: Mel's Movie
Dono wrote:
Micah, I saw it and thought it was awesome. I've never seen the Passion presented in such a truthful way.

And how would you know that it was presented in a truthful way?

Where you there?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:36 pm
Dono uses swine, hypocrite, and some of the crudest language I've seen in this forum -- and continues to cry about other people's deportment.

Perhaps she smells hypocrisy because she is so close to it.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 08:36 pm
Christians believe it is wrong to kill. Yet there are obviously numerous christians that break that commandment. It would stand to reason then that they are not true christians, because they do not do as Jesus taught. The jews believe in that same commandment. So how could anyone who murders be considered of the jewish faith? Your blood doesn't determine your religion. Obviously there were hebrews who were involved in the crucifiction since those were the people who lived in that area, but they weren't practicing jews.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 09:21 pm
SCoates wrote:
Obviously there were hebrews who were involved in the crucifiction since those were the people who lived in that area, but they weren't practicing jews.

please.... Rolling Eyes

even the evolutionists wouldn't agree with you here...................well..maybe they would.............. Shocked
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 09:39 pm
What exactly do you disagree with?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 10:46 pm
Quote:
why Catholics use the crucifix instead of the cross in the churches?

Catholics believe Jesus 'suffered and died' on the cross. A cross is a symbol, a crucifix is a reminder.

I hardly think it's fair to blame the actions of one man on an entire belief system. I was raised a catholic, the first time I heard the term - "Jesus Killers" I was long past practicing anymore. The local university newspaper ran a comic strip featuring the idea. I think micah has given you an accurate answer to your question of how 'most' christians feel. There are fanatical crack-pots in every religion. Osama rings a bell, but I don't think he speaks for all muslims.
All major religious beliefs have similar tenets - Love thy neighbour... unfortunately, a few of them can't see beyond those of like mind. Hardly a surprise given the long history of religious intolerance this world has seen.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:22 pm
SCoates wrote:
What exactly do you disagree with?

um...the fact that you are saying practicing Jews did not have a 'presence' during the crucifixion....i'm sorry, but its simply absurd...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:51 pm
Religion is defined by what you do, otherwise it's just philosophy. Jewish teachings don't condone the actions of the men who killed christ, and if those men had followed the true spirit of religion they could not have done so.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:56 pm
SCoates wrote:
Religion is defined by what you do, otherwise it's just philosophy. Jewish teachings don't condone the actions of the men who killed christ, and if those men had followed the true spirit of religion they could not have done so.

well....they were still practicing Jews, and the chief of them decided Christ needed to die because Christ was claiming to be God...you can't say, practicing jews were not a presence at the crucifixion...

you are right though, if they had have been practicing in the true spirit of Judaism, they would've recognized Him as the messiah....they obviously did not, and of course what happened was foretold in the old testament...further boosting the old testaments authenticity...
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:16 am
Way to be a true christian, Micah. I'm sure your god is very proud of you, and the way you treat others.
0 Replies

micah

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:22 am
being a Christian does not make you perfect....you're only sensing my frustrations/defenses because so many are against me here...i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings....
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:26 am
Scoates, don't feel too bad for him, he seems to enjoy playing "martyr."
0 Replies

lolli

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:22 am
. . . to you who's dog is bigger than my god. I want to see your dog, hobitbob!
0 Replies

lolli

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:26 am
. . . and micah, I'm sorry! You can talk, even try to reason. They don't want to hear the truth in any form. If they truly wanted to learn the truth, they would be looking for it in the right place, not on an forum called "Spirituality."
0 Replies