Trouble making friends

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 09:36 pm
Hello i'm a 14 year old with asperger's syndrome from a small town in Ontario . I really have trouble interacting with people my age and older(with some exceptions) and i seem to get along better with females(I'm not sexist I'm just stating) but when i meet someone my age they are my friend for awhile and then they just flat out ignore me but for some reason animals and children really like me(lots of my friends are children) but children stay my friends even when they get older what is going on I'm starting to find to be people extremely vulgar but i would never tell them but i find there is exceptions by the way sorry about my punctuation

fuzzboxpriest

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 09:37 pm
@fuzzboxpriest,
can somebody explain this to me and give me suggestions
roger

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 10:29 pm
@fuzzboxpriest,
I can not, but I'm sure someone will be along tonight or tomorrow.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 11:45 pm
@fuzzboxpriest,
fuzzboxpriest wrote:
I'm starting to find to be people extremely vulgar but i would never tell them but i find there is exceptions

People are, for the most part, I'm sorry to say. I for one am extremely disappointed in humanity.

My best advice is to just try to be a good person yourself and live out your life as best you can while the rest of humanity commits unspeakable atrocities against each other.

As for your main point of making friends as an Aspie, I have no clue how to advise you. I'm sure if I even tried to give advice, I'd be giving the wrong advice.

I do know there are online communities by Aspies for Aspies, where you'd be able to talk to a lot of people who share the same experiences that you do, but I'm not quite sure where to find them (never been there myself). They're out there though.
0 Replies

whatiam

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:35 am
well you shouldn't be too worried about this. if you find comfortable with girls. you should have a best friend who is a girl who can help you through things.
0 Replies