Is free-will an illusion?

carnaticmystery

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 04:31 am
@Olivier5,
Quote:
Do you know why anyone believes in belief, or in concepts, or in naivety, or in consciousness, or in identity, or in "it", or in "why", or in "randomly"?

If you don't, you don't have a sentence. As for "sentience"... Ha ha ha ha.

you have to laugh at the idea of not believing in anything, because it threatens your identity made of beliefs. i don't believe in anything, but i can still construct sentences with words, because i know what the common beliefs about words are. i don't necessarily believe in my own sentences either. as for "sentience", it is merely another concept, like consciousness, awareness, ultimate reality, truth, blah blah. upon direct inspection, one cannot experience any of these things other than to 'believe' in them. it is your choice to believe in them. i don't.
martinies

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:04 am
@carnaticmystery,
Only god is truly free. Other freedom is illusion.
Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 06:13 am
@carnaticmystery,
By all means. I just wish that people who don't believe in concepts would stop using them and shut up. But unfortunately, they don't believe in logic or reason either so they keep making senseless noise.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 09:04 am
@Olivier5,
You speak of Logic ??? A that leads to B that leads to C... haha oh dear good Lord, the audacity... Razz

...we shall not speak of freedom nor you of Logic...
Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 01:17 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
Logic is a tool, not a master.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2015 08:43 pm
@martinies,
God is an illusion.
martinies

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:20 am
@Olivier5,
God is nothing and nothing cant be illusion. Something is illusion relative to nothing for something will end but nothing will never end. God is relativity as the nothing in something. Something is the temporary form of nothing but the relativity in the temporary something is nothing. So god is the nothing that exists as relativity in an illusion of something. Or god is the unmoving mover of illusions. And the cause of change in the flux in the illusion of something.
carnaticmystery

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:33 am
@Olivier5,
the entire universe is made of senseless noise. you can go on wishing whatever you want, until you accept it is all senseless, you will never be satisfied
carnaticmystery

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:34 am
@martinies,
ok, and what you and i and everything is, is god. so everything is truly free. all bondage is illusion.
0 Replies

carnaticmystery

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 01:37 am
@martinies,
you speak about god being this and that. but you still seem to believe it is something different from yourself, or myself. the belief that one's own consciousness is a limited, individual thing, causes the belief in separation from some 'god concept'. otherwise, it is obvious that everything is god. also, god is an illusion, because everything is illusion. also, god is nothing, because everything is nothing.
martinies

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 02:07 am
@carnaticmystery,
Yeah I agree with what you say god is nothing and is also the something all at one. Yep I agree. We are in agreement. So god exists as general existance but can be seen in the event as relativity which is root consciousness.
martinies

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 03:44 am
@martinies,
The knower of the field of existence and the field of existence is as one the relative omni presents of nonlocality or the creator.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:25 am
You don't "build" logic into the World, the World HAS Logic built into you.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:28 am
@carnaticmystery,
Err... Did you just day: "Chakaboom fart fart zweeeeiy" or: "Chakabeeem fart fart zweiiiiiiooo"???

As far as noises go, the first one has a better rythm, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:37 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil Albuquerque wrote:

You don't "build" logic into the World, the World HAS Logic built into you.

Not sure about that. Seems to me that logic, or rather logicS are ways of thinking, techniques for managing some forms of symbolic information. I don't see how atoms or DNA or pasta amatriciana could be logical.
Olivier5

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 07:44 am
@martinies,
martinies wrote:

God is nothing and nothing cant be illusion. Something is illusion relative to nothing for something will end but nothing will never end. God is relativity as the nothing in something. Something is the temporary form of nothing but the relativity in the temporary something is nothing. So god is the nothing that exists as relativity in an illusion of something. Or god is the unmoving mover of illusions. And the cause of change in the flux in the illusion of something.

Ooookay dokey... Did you take your pills this morning?
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:05 am
@Olivier5,
I know you don't "see it", after all you don't understand ontology, nor conceptual coinage like, ratio, order, or Logic. I think I told you before you have a problem understanding mechanics...

PS - My deep heart felt condolences for what happened in Paris we are all with you.
martinies

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:22 am
@Olivier5,
Maybe you should start takin some.
0 Replies

martinies

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2015 08:22 am
@Olivier5,
Maybe you should start takin some.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sat 21 Nov, 2015 06:45 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Just because you THINK you understand it doesn't mean you do.

Thanks for Paris.
0 Replies