Residents cannot Charge Parking near Stadium

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:04 am
For years and years, the neighboring areas of Gillette Stadium would sell parking spaces on their lawns for half the price of the stadium rate of $40. Yes folks, New England fans and concert goers must pay $40 to park there, crazy, huh. And now Bob Kraft wants more money in his pocket so he fought against these people and now if they charge parking, they are fined $100.

Come on, these poor people have to deal with the drunks and noise and traffic at least let them get a little money for it. So say a resident is having a party and it happens to be on the same day as a game or concert, outta luck, you can only have a few cars and they need to be tagged.

To top it off - it starts this weekend, when of course I am attending a concert. Screw you Kraft!

http://foxborough.patch.com/articles/foxborough-s-parking-ban-takes-effect-for-country-fest
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:23 am
@Linkat,
So, don't charge for parking. Charge a reasonable fee for lawn remediation - say, twenty dollars.

You're serious? People pay that kind of money for the privilage of paying to get into a stadium?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:29 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

You're serious? People pay that kind of money for the privilage of paying to get into a stadium?
Quote:
http://i49.tinypic.com/308xrx5.jpg
Shocked
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
@roger,
well it ain't a privilage - there really is no other choices - sometimes they have a special train that will run from Boston - but usually that is only for certain games so forget about the concerts and you have to arrive and leave at a certain time.

There really is no other option - there are some businesses that you can park at - but some can even be higher. I did an on-line search and found one for $60. Usually you have to park a mile away and pay $30 or $35 at a business. So the businesses can do so, but the poor residents can no longer.

We checked into limo/car service, thinking we would only need to pay for the driving time - but no they charge you per hour through the show - I guess they just sit there.

Last year we stayed at a hotel nearby (we had enough points to stay for free). But we waited too long (with our move and stuff) and so the only place to stay is a good distance away.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:51 am
@Walter Hinteler,
yeah its highway robbery.

Guess Kraft needs more money to keep his young girlfriend happy.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 10:57 am
@Walter Hinteler,
And some of the articles I was reading stated how Kraft and others were complaining but the residents don't have to pay taxes on the parking it isn't fair.

Did your read? All lots cash only - yeah wonder how honest they are at claiming all they rake in.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 11:04 am
@Linkat,
You always have the option of not participating.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2012 11:09 am
@roger,
I guess - then no concerts/football games, etc. That is always an option.

I thought we had ruling against monopolies.
0 Replies