dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 06:54 am
i have been married for almost 9-10 months now. My husband is abusive. he does love me but he beats me very badly..
when i say he loves me, he takes care of my diet, my food etc.. he is having a tough time managing finances but he is abusive as well...
i do work too and give him all my salary(almost as much as his). and he keeps reminding me that he is feeding me and paying for my expenses.. he cares for his friends a little too much and wants to spend too much on them... they ignore me totally but he expects me to be lovey -dovey with them.. if i even show that i am not interested in them he beats me very badly... I am pregnant now in my 5 month and yet hte beating doesnt stop... Just the other day, he asked me what i wanted and i said nothing and he beat me so bad my head swell up and still hurting on the third day... he even threatened to beat me in the stomach... i do care for him and love him but my love isnt seeming to be enough... what do i do ?? we in our country dont have as many good shelter homes by the govt or any counsellors... pls help

jcboy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:02 am
@dkhanna,
Do you have family you can stay with? Sounds like you would be better off staying anywhere then in the same house with this man. Time to get out now.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:19 am
What are you waiting for?

What kind of cultural community are you in that condones this kind of behavior?

This man is a monster and he does NOT love you. He will beat your child, too.

Find out what you must do to get away from him!!
dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:01 am
@jcboy,
tx... i do have family... bt my mum is old n i hv to support her.. i lost my father as a kid... n no brothers or sisters... so i keep thinking abt it
0 Replies

dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:03 am
@PUNKEY,
soo he says i am a man and will beat... u r a woman are meant to take it... i always accept that ok.. i am at fault.. but even if it is my mistake is beating correct ??
and for simple things ?? like if i fill water in the wrong water bottle ??
0 Replies

dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:07 am
@dkhanna,
and i am just worried is it good to seperate my child from him?? i know its quite possible he wld beat the baby too... his brother too beats his sons...
BillRM

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:16 am
@dkhanna,
Quote:
i am just worried is it good to seperate my child from him??

It is your duty to get and keep this man away from your child.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:37 am
@dkhanna,
Is there a religious home you could go to?

If you are employed, are you with a company that offers employee services that you could approach for help?

It sounds like you need to get yourself and your child away from this man.
dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:01 am
@ehBeth,
none of those choices hun.. Sad i am working and could support myself if i had to live alone... but the baby is on the way and i am just scared to go to teh police
jcboy

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:16 am
@dkhanna,
Well if you want to protect yourself and your child you will do whatever it takes and get yourself out of that sitution before its too late. And that time is now.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:27 am
@dkhanna,
The simple fact that the baby is on the way should SPUR you to go to the police. Look, don't be stupid. You had to know that the only advice you would get here would be to leave the asshole. He doesn't love you. Love does not involve beating someone. You say you can support yourself, so then go and do it. Leave the guy and never look back.

Of course, you could ignore everyone here and stay with him and keep getting beaten by this guy who loves you so much. Whatever, it is your life.
dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:32 pm
@CoastalRat,
hmmm... i guess so... he doesnt seem to be even a bit sorry, wont even say the word with his mouth so there isnt a chance of him changing at all...
what i dont ever understand is that he says he beats me because i am at wrong and dont understand until i m beaten... i have changed all my likes infact dont have ny likes.. says i shldnt have dont have a right to...
and he says i am jealous and mean, and am a b9999 ...
and what hurts me is that for every small thing he uses abusive language.. even when things can be ignored...
i am just thinkin what a horrible life a child will have like this..
and then he says he hasent seen me one day smiling or happy so he feels like beating me.. how can i be happy when he is beating me?? and i m constantly thinking abt it ?
its not that i havent had any happy or good moments with him... i did ... i still do sometimes... after beating me he takes me out or tries to be loving but i m so hurt physically that i can hardly enjoy it...
he says the more he beats me more he loves me, Really ?
he says he is like that to all the people who he loves... are they really ppl like that ?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 12:50 pm
@dkhanna,
I don't understand why you didn't know about his behaviour and his brother's behaviour before you were married.

How long had you known him before you married? did you spend a lot of time getting to know him?

A former colleague of mine ran into a similar situation when she came to Canada in an arranged marriage situation. She was lucky in that her supervisor, her employer and the police all got together to protect her from her abusive husband. It is hard to do if there is not a good support for you in the community.

Are there no religious groups around you at all that could help?
dkhanna

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
i had known him a few months, not long... ours was an arranged marriage...

abt the religious groups, now that u mention it.. i shld research on that...
brenden99

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 05:46 am
@dkhanna,
It is really sad. Just try to understand your value, your husband does not love you , he just love your salary and love to beat you. He is just flirting to make you involve. Bounce back and threat him to live separately. You are not alone not alone. Understand it.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2012 06:27 am
@dkhanna,
Growing up in a relatively small family I had witnessed my mother and father fighting all of the time. My father was not only abusive to her, but abusive toward his children as well. When I hear stories like this I can't help but feel obligated to try to help the person who is struggling through the situation. You really need to get out of the situation before it worsens. A man like that is not a man that you want because he is physically and verbally abusive; he also is more likely to be very untrustworthy, so you truly deserve much better. You have to think of your child and yourself now. What is best for you is to leave the situation. Better your life before he tries to take away your happiness.

You also will be bringing a bundle of joy into the world and you should do everything within your power to raise your child in a safe and healthy manner.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me or write on here.

0 Replies

whatiam

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:40 am
i think it will be best for you to stay somewhere else until your child is born. because you should be healthy and calmed down in a situation like this.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 03:57 pm
@dkhanna,
Quote:
dont have as many good shelter homes

Doesn't matter. There "are" shelter homes there obviously from that statement.

It doesn't matter where you start. The important thing is to start.

You are five months pregnant if not for you, do it for the baby so the baby can live, now and be born. Then work everything else out in your mind about the "why" after.

No man should ever hit a woman, full stop. !

0 Replies

Thinzar

Reply Mon 23 Sep, 2013 07:31 am
Vy sorry to hear about it .. You gonna b ok .. But always be careful and ready to go out anytime .. U should save ur money without knowing him .. And u should tell to someone that is close enough to u
0 Replies

angelmili

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 12:40 am
@dkhanna,
My Dear, U say ur working. so there should not be a problem for u to go and stay with ur mother as ur pregnant. That's sad that even after being educated and working the status of women in some country is that ur nothing without ur man. After all this abuse u think he loves u... ur fooling ur self, or may be u have no confidence in ur self.... what a example u will be for ur child ... a women who could not stand for her self... I am sorry... but thing have changed and can change if women stand for their right and self respect... ur not a commodity.... ur a human being .... go live ur life... if not for ur self for the child in ur womb... Be an example for bravery and not a coward. If not now then never........
0 Replies