raprap

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 08:25 am
Or a TeaPublican Modest Proposal?

After all gawd must love the poor as he made so many of them.

Quote:
SEDALIA -- Missouri’s two U.S. Senate candidates tangled Thursday over whether taxpayers should subsidize school lunches for more than 34 million students across the country.

Missouri Rep. Akin opposes spending on National School Lunch Program

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/08/17/4734209/missouri-rep-akin-opposes-spending.html

Rap

Linkat

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:50 am
@raprap,
Actually what this rep is stating is that he feels that the state should pay for this program as education is supposed to be dealt with at the state level. Reading this I see he directly states that - he says I am not against subsidizing school lunches, but it should be subsidized at the state level.

Its more an arguement over who should pay for it federal or state - not whether they should have it or not.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 10:35 am
@raprap,
Consevatives want you to be forced to have kids even if youve been raped but dont want to feed the kids. Christians are at it again.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 08:34 pm
@RABEL222,
Not all christians.
raprap

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2012 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
I agree with you Ossobuco--I have a good friend, who happens to be a priest.

If the Big Kahuna takes an active interest in the semi-intelligent monkeys on this rock, it does it through people like John.

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 02:49 pm
More from the "Starve the Children" Candidate.

Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/todd-akin-legitimate-rape.php

Quote:
Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of “legitimate rape” have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV in an interview posted Sunday. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.”

Akin said that even in the worst-case scenario — when the supposed natural protections against unwanted pregnancy fail — abortion should still not be a legal option for the rape victim.

All in all--the whole idea of this guy even being considered for the US Senate is GunjasnaKKKe crazy.

Rap
roger

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 04:05 pm
@raprap,
Did he possibly elaborate on those "unnamed biological defenses"? Sounds interesting.
Linkat

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:58 am
@roger,
I'd be curious too - I mean what sort of doctor would say such a thing. I think I'm more worried about a doctor that thinks this rather than a rep (although it is scary for any adult to really believe such a thing).
0 Replies