Appropriate or not?

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 06:58 am
My boyfriend of two years likes to party. No big deal, right? All I ask is at the end of the night he let me know that you are safe. Most of the time he does this. However, on his big nights out with the boys he drinks until he completely blacks out. It is on these nights that he doesn't let me know and usually its late until the nest day until I hear from him. Of course I am worried. Wondering if he is in jail,dead,cheating. We both have been married before, He has no children and I have three. I am just so frustrated. I don't know what to do. I think that I should break up with him. I think that it simply doesn't matter to him at all. HELP!!!!!

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 07:02 am
@jhiggins9604,
Drinking until you black out is a big, fat red flag.

Not contacting you when you ask him to is another. Never mind the blacking out part of things - he can contact you early in the evening and tell you he's out with the boys.

How many red flags do you need before you walk?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 08:44 am
It sure is a big fat red flag and unacceptable!

It doesn’t sound like a healthy relationship especially since you have three kids to take care of. I think you know what you need to do and the sooner the better.

Maybe someday when he hits bottom he will get the help he needs.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 08:52 am
@jhiggins9604,
Quote:
I think that I should break up with him. I think that it simply doesn't matter to him at all.

That wraps it up and says it all.

You've learned lessons from life and taken on the responsibilities of raising a family. He's learned how to drink until he blacks out. On top of that, he doesn't call you before he goes out or figures out a way to let you know he's safe after he's done destroying his liver. Shoot... an 18-yr-old often learns that lesson and moves on towards maturity quicker.

Is this the lessons you want to impart onto your children?

Dump his sorry ass.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 12:17 pm
I was married to an alcoholic and it is NOT fun.

He's having blackouts - and they are dangerous, to you and to him.

Time to take a breather from him and find a man whose first love is not alcohol.

0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 12:20 pm
Drinking till he blacks out? As others have said, that's a big, big, big red flag. Unacceptable.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies