The Execution of Osama bin Laden: Live on Pay-per-View!

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 06:31 am
Mr Stillwater wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Sorry folks; you don't have to be religious. I'd pay up to $500, depending on where the proceeds were going, to see Bin Laden fry.

While you're waiting you can spend only $11 to see the depiction of a public execution, the result of a poor defense case in 'The Roman Empire v Jesus, son of Jospeh, Nazarrine'. And it's a triple-header!!!!
Actually, it costs $16 a person at the Premier Theater in Boca (big comfortable seats, real food and wine!). I am very much looking forward to it! (No spoiling please)
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:09 am
Just out of curiousity, Bill, cjhsa, and anyone else who would pay to see bin Laden executed: does the manner of execution matter? Would you feel cheated if bin Laden was given a lethal injection rather than being killed in a more dramatic and gruesome fashion? Or would just seeing him die be satisfaction enough?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:43 am
Execution is plenty Joe. I sure hope you're not going to launch into calling me a hypocrit for the reasons you mentioned in that Death Penalty thread. :wink:
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:55 am
Death by swine.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:23 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Execution is plenty Joe. I sure hope you're not going to launch into calling me a hypocrit for the reasons you mentioned in that Death Penalty thread.

Bill: I can assure you I'd never accuse you of being a "hypocrit."

And for anyone interested in the aforementioned death penalty thread, the fireworks started here.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:27 pm
Sure sure, make fun of me for not being able to spel (typ?) Smile
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:55 pm
I saw a televised execution.

I spent the summer in Guatemala 5 years ago to study spanish. While I was in the school, I stayed with a family near the school.

One morning I left my room to see the entire family closely watching the television. I was a bit curious and went to see what was going on. On the screen was a man tied to a table on a table being executed by injection.

I was a bit taken aback when they explained what was going on. I was also a bit shocked that two very young children were watching this with the family.

When I asked them about this, the woman of the house told me this was nothing. Apparently a couple of years before they had a televised execution by firing squad. Well, something went wrong, and the prisoner didn't die (I wasn't clear why). Well, the execution was completed by the captain with a pistol on national television.

Anyway, I felt quite uncomfortable watching this execution by lethal injection. It somehow doesn't seem right in a civilized society.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 04:48 pm
Ever killed an animal ebrown? Sometimes they don't die right away either. I, however, don't consider feeding myself uncivilized.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 07:35 pm
I imagine it would turn my stomach a little too Ebrown, but since I am a supporter of the penalty, I would feel compelled to endure watching it if it were available. Who knows; maybe I'd change my mind. I doubt it… but it is possible.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 10:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ever killed an animal ebrown? Sometimes they don't die right away either. I, however, don't consider feeding myself uncivilized.

Sure. I have experience killing animals for food (i.e. fish) or if they are pests (i.e. mice or roaches). I have no problem killing animals for these reasons.

Are you suggesting that it is somehow strange that I treat humans differently?

I think most of consider cannibalism to be uncivilized.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 10:32 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I imagine it would turn my stomach a little too Ebrown, but since I am a supporter of the penalty, I would feel compelled to endure watching it if it were available. Who knows; maybe I'd change my mind. I doubt it… but it is possible.

I have heard staunch opponents of the death penalty say that it should be televised for this exact reason. If society is going to impose the ultimate penalty, it should have the guts to face it.

I am trying to stay away from a political post. The capital punishment debate has been done by hotter heads than mine.

I am only saying that it made me feel uncomfortable to watch in in someone elses country. I imagine I would feel more uncomfortable in my own.
0 Replies