Madden 2004 tourney results:

1.)Steelers of the 70's
2.)Niners of the 80's
3.)Packers of the 60's
4.)Cowboys of the 90's
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:02 pm
Bill, thanks for posting a picture of the great one.

Jack Ham, Jack Lambert, LC Greenwood, Joe Greene, Dwight White, Ernie Holmes, Mel Blount . . . half their defense is in the hall of fame! Come on, who did the Niners ever play with a defense even close to that? The Bengals? And then on offense, you have a hall of fame Quarterback in Bradshaw, Franco Harris, another hall of famer, and two hall of fame receivers, not to mention one of the best centers of all time, Mike Webster. No contest.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:05 pm
As for now, Brett Favre is one of the few real football players around. Except what the hell was he thinking in the playoffs this year with that overtime pass?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:17 pm
I've explained this before. He and Jevon miscommunicated. Brett saw the blitz and expected Jevon to change the route from a post to a fly, but he didn't.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:20 pm
Damn that sucked. I really wanted them to win. I guess it's better this way though. The Patriots would have crushed them.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:22 pm
I wanted them to win too, but Crying or Very sad

I'm not sure that the Pats would have won with crushtations, remember the Super Bowl? The lowly Cats pushed them to the limits.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:25 pm
Yeah, I guess we'll never know. Just like the Steelers/Niners debate.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:29 pm
Oh that one is very much solved in my mind :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
Ya, that pass Shocked would have sucked even without the mis-communication. For a while there; the receivers were coming down with everything he put up... and I guess he was getting too used to it. Still, our coaching Mad on both sides of the ball is what lost the game for us. Oh, well. They'll get another shot next year. Most of the team will be back Cool and we have a softer schedule. :wink:
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
Yeah, mine too. Laughing
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:38 pm
I've never liked Sherman. I think that the Niners are going to be awesome next year too. We have a mid-1st rounder, and possibly more if we can trade T.O. Crying or Very sad . We will still have that same badass defense, possibly better if Rumph can play like 1st round pick he is. Then we will have a 1,500 yard back with Barlow. And when you take into consideration that this will be Tim Rattay's break out year(With Jeff "don't call me gay" Garcia's release Crying or Very sad ), I AM READY!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:44 pm
Yeah, that takes care of the NFC, but who's gonna beat the Patriots? Or, for that matter, the Colts? They are both going to be incredibly tough again next year.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:49 pm
I'd say watch out for the Chargers. With the new LT, Eli Manning, and David Boston, watch out! Then they have a GREAT young linebacker named Ben Leber, and awesome cornerback Jammer. But I could make a case for every team in the AFC.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 11:59 am
kickycan wrote:
As for now, Brett Favre is one of the few real football players around. Except what the hell was he thinking in the playoffs this year with that overtime pass?

It was set up by the mob Smile
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 05:14 pm
Green Bay Packers of the early and middle sixties. For me that is an always will be the greatest team ever. This doesn't take away from the more current teams, but these teams go to the beginning of my roots - when I started.

The Packers, Browns and Cowboys were a matchup in those days. Believe the Bears and Vikings were something to reckoned with also; but Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Jim Taylor, Boyd Dowler, Henry Jordan, Ray Nitschke, Max McGee, Jim Ringo. These were some hard nosed, rough tough get in your face type people.

The cold was colder, the ground harder, the goal line farther and the hits meaner then.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 05:25 pm
I think the 49ers are gonna suck this year. TO was supposed to be a free agent, but isn't, and they trying their damdest to get rid of Jeff "no I'm really not gay" Garcia.

So, where's the offense? The 49ers win on offense.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 06:03 pm
Kevan Barlow and Brandon Lloyd, remember those names brother.
0 Replies

bronxbomb

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:03 am
some favotites, in no particular order:
Kirk Gibson's pinch-hit home run in the '88 Series.
Reggie Jackson's 3 homers in 3 swings 1977 World Series.
Mets vs. Red Sox, 1986 World Series, Game 6.
NY Rangers win Stanley Cup in '94.
Cal Ripken's 2,131st straight game.
Bucky Dent's one-game playoff vs. Boston in 1978
ALCS, Game 7. Yankees vs. Red Sox.
0 Replies

bronxbomb

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 11:06 am
other favorite sports moments:
any time the Houston Oilers won.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Mon 17 May, 2004 01:36 pm
Charlie Tovar pounding it up the middle just before heading out to the Middle East with Red Adair to put out an oil well fire Smile
0 Replies