Child of the Light

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 03:40 pm
sozobe wrote:
...Because the CUBS win in '04. Very Happy

Indeed!!!!!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:00 pm
if i have offended you, Child, then i am truly sorry... perhaps i was mistaken.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:15 pm
He's a frickin' bat-corker.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 05:28 pm
kickycan wrote:
He's a frickin' bat-corker.

You are a frickin idiot! What makes you think that???? Back up your feelings with evidence! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 05:41 pm
What's stupid about it is, corking a bat does pretty much nothing for the hitter. They've never proved a corked bat benefits...

He "corks" himself though, definitely. But most of the pros do.

Yankees can go to hell. Rooting for them is like rooting for the sun to come up.

I'm a Red Sox fan...but you know what? If the Cubs won, I think it would be great too. I can relate to Cubs fans. A Red Sox/Cubs world series would be unbelievable.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
I have no evidence. I just wanted to get you all pissed off for no reason. Thanks! I enjoyed that.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 06:03 pm
kickycan wrote:
I have no evidence. I just wanted to get you all pissed off for no reason. Thanks! I enjoyed that.

Grrr! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 06:20 pm
Slappy, The thing that bothers me about the steroid thing is that a guy could bust his ass in the gym to gain the strength to be a 40 HR guy, and immediately he faces the B.S. roid accusations. Also Sosa's emergence as a superstar can't be attributed to steroids. I've watched him change from a 30-40 HR guy into a 50-60 HR guy, and he did this with a few tweaks to the batting style, and improved his patience at the plate. You see all these video clips of the 93' Sosa and the 04' Sosa, and you focus on his improved physique, but should instead focus on his improved technique.
I HEART SOSA!
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:28 am
Child is a little edgy... Take a chill pill man!!!

As far as best sports memories... I didn't SEE the original.. but the best moment....

IMMACULATE RECEPTION
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:53 am
heres a link on corked bats corked

chances are sossa has taken some anabolics at 1 time or another but that does not effect his status as 1 of the best as most athletes have taken roids at 1 point of another.....if he didnt he would be on a unlevel playing field.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 04:14 am
My favorite personal sports memory:

Bowling 229, 247, 265 for my all time high of 741. I was hot and on that day.

Some others: Our winning season when I played CYO basketball. After several years of sucking, it was nice to be winning.

Watching my dad bowl his first 300 game.

Favorite professional moment. . .hmm. . .

Watching Dante Hall get number 5 in the playoffs. That was a hell of a run. Although number 4 was pretty intense, too. Especially after doing it the past three games.

The only others I can think of is the Oakland A's (finally) winning the world series in 89. Although I didn't watch as much baseball then as the previous years, I still managed to catch two of the world series games.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 07:10 am
Quote:
I HEART SOSA!

unfortunately, Child, he's already married...

one last word on sosa's cork:
i, too have followed his career with a keen eye. i thought '98 was a break-out year for him; he & mcgwire certainly raised the bar that year.
however
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/_photos/2003-06-04-inside-sosa.jpg
surely you remember the events of 6/3/03!

are you absolutely sure that was a one-time incident? a simple mistake? i am not.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:48 am
Child, he's a great player, but...get off his nuts.

Yea, I've seen him progress from his rookie year too. From a 165lb toothpick to a guy who's 215+ and who's face looks like a waterballoon. I could care less if he's on roids, like safecracker said it's not going to make him a better hitter....but I'd bet money he's a juice head with most of the other pros. Again, I could care less and I'm not taking anything away from him. It's takes unbelievable skill to play at the level he does, and drugs aren't the reason he does.

Now don't go and throw something at the computer screen, buddy.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:18 am
Sorry, but I get tired of hearing that garbage. I was with him during the .250 avg. days and the .308 days, so I'm a fanatic.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:19 am
New favorite memory...THE EXPLOSIVO ACTION ON THAT BARTMAN BALL!! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:35 am
Soserene, I mentioned that one a while back. But it's a moment deserving of many, many mentions! I love it when the Raiders play the Steelers, and sometimes they show that play again. It is the most important moment in professional sports history!

Oh, by the way, back in the 70s when the Steelers were beating the **** out of the rest of the league every year, the Raiders/Steelers AFC championship games were always great too, and either one of those teams would have beat whoever was in the NFC each year.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:24 pm
ESPN did a special awhile back and they matched up the best teams 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

60 Packers
70 Steelers
80 49ers Cool
90 Cowboys

In the finals they had 49ers against the Steelers.....NINERS WON! It was actually a pretty cool show.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:45 pm
I have heard that. It's a lie, dammit! They must have overlooked the fact that Jack Lambert would have taken Montana's head off on the first play from scrimmage.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:47 pm
That would be an amzing match-up though. Where'd you see that?
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 05:20 pm
ESPN....Come on man seriously, who would stop Montana and Rice? How would they have countered the genius of Bill Walsh and the West Coast Offense? Roger Craig would have had about 7 catches for 80 or 90 yards.
0 Replies