Do I have to give my daughters father my address?

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 07:51 pm
So, my daughter is a year and a half and her father has been uninvolved since I was 4 months pregnant. Once he was ordered to pay child support he all of a sudden wanted to be a part of her life saying thats when he knew she was his even though I told him the day I found out I was pregnant but decided he was going to doubt that and take off and change his phone number and address and left me nochoice but to use child support services as a resource to locate hin to do.a paternity test. On may 4th he filed for joint physical and legal custody of my daughter who does not know him at all. We went through mediation which was a horrible recommendation and then court was on july 24tg and he no showed. Between him not being there and the recommendation the judge got so mad he just dismissed the case which left him no choice but to refile again if he wanted to see her. About a week later he text me asking me what my address was even though I gave it to him the day I moved. I have no responded yet because I told myself he is no longer my problem until the judge makes him my problem. So given I have sole custody, he has nothing because no order was made, he has now stopped working at the reported job so I am not getting any child support at all... Do I really.need to.gice him my address?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 2,616 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 09:28 pm
Just linking the two topics together so people can read both.

0 Replies
Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 05:17 pm
I don't believe so. I don't know the law where you live, but if he is not actually paying child support and has been non-existant thus far, I would not give him your address. If he re-files for custody then you probably will, but for now I would wait. Text him back and ask him why he wants it since he obviously doesn't care enough to show up for court proceedings to see his own daughter.
Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 05:53 pm
I'm going to go out on a limb and agree. Unless and until he is granted visitation rights, I think he has no rights at all. I also agree with the OP in wondering why he wants the address, anyway.
0 Replies
Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 06:33 pm
Don't do it, Kristen.
Wait to see what the judge says in the next case.
You don't owe the dad anything yet.

If it wasn't suspicious that he may hurt one or both of you, my answer would be different.

Tell him you've been advised to wait until the outcome of the next court case - and you'll try to work with him on parenting issues with guidance of the court.
Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2012 07:29 pm
There you go! Wait for the next hearing means "No hearing, no address or visitation".
0 Replies
Reply Sun 12 Aug, 2012 07:30 pm
It depends on the state you live in. In my state not paying child support has nothing to do with if they see their child. However, seeing you have full custody to date, I would text him back that you can talk about that at the next court date. I'm sorry that you are going through this. I can totally sympathasize with you. My daughter is 8 and unfortuneately I have gone through this too.Good luck.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Do I have to give my daughters father my address?
Copyright © 2023 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.06 seconds on 06/01/2023 at 12:50:27