Mental Decline & Dependency/Coping With Aging Loved Ones

Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:35 pm
Pleased the fever has dropped - there are so many viral infections these days - and they seem to linger longer and knock the socks off you!!!! Glad you are doing better tho - hope you'll be right as rain very soon. Take care. x
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:36 pm
Swimpy wrote:
I noticed Walter on the boards again. Walter? How are your ladies doing?

Not too good actually. especially mentally. Thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:42 pm
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Walter. I hope you and Mrs. Walter are not too stressed.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:48 pm
Mrs Walter can "switch of" better - as the son and nephew I'm a bit more concerned, as the legal guardian quite stressed (and that is Mrs Walter as "my secretary", too :wink: ).
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:50 pm
just dropped in to leave a hug for Noddy...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:44 pm
I'm really happy to hear that you're getting better, Phoenix! Take it easy for a while, okay?

Walter, I'm sorry to hear things aren't so good. Wish there was something we could do! Feel free to vent, if it helps.

Dropping off a hug for Noddy, too.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 05:26 pm
Mental Decline & Dependency/Coping With Aging Loved Ones
I'm thinking of you - Noddy, Phoenix, Walter, Foxfyre, Swimpy, and all - and hoping that things will ease up soon for everybody.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 06:13 pm
Hey Foxfyre....

How's things with your sister? Is she recovering well.

Any news on CPAP?

Phoenix - you k? Over the cold and back to normal or is it still lingering?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 02:15 pm
Still no CPAP Sad

Sister was readmitted to the hospital and was there this past week - doctor tossed her out again yesterday - she was home one night and was to report to her blood doctor for tests today--like they couldn't have drawn the blood before she left yesterday?--and he has her on an IV in his office as we speak because she is so very ill and will readmit her to the hospital. Hopefully a different hospital this time.

Have bad feeling about all this. And am extremely frustated to feel so helpless in dealing with it.

But happy for Izzie in her upcoming big adventure. I hope Noddy is feeling better. I think Phoenix and I shared a bug but I'm pretty sure I'm over mine now. At least I feel more or less normal this week. And may we all hold our various dominions.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 08:29 am
Izzie- I am more or less over the "bug" but there is still some tiredness remaining. There is a lot of "stuff" going on in my life now, so I think that some of the reasons that I am feeling this way for so long may be due to stress.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Jul, 2008 03:34 pm
I'm thinking that everyone on this thread needs either more or less caffeine Laughing

Love ya. Be healthy.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 04:58 am
For those who haven't been reading any other threads but this one and have been keeping up with Noddy only through this thread, you'll want to take time to read this one... It's not good news.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3343721#3343721
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:48 am
My SIL, who smokes a pack of cigarettes a day, (and told me straight to my face that no one ever proved that cigarettes harmed anyone) had herself couple of strokes last week. It does not look good.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:59 am
My father today forwarded an e-mail that he forwarded two weeks ago - which I told him was a fake then. Today I let him know it in no uncertain terms. We'll see if he remembers.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:01 am
I feel so sad right now - this thread seems the one to write it on. I can't explain it - I don't even understand it - I keep crying for someone I've not met - and yet I feel so much love for. I can't imagine how Noddy's family are feeling right now.

I just needed to say it out loud.

Phoenix - how are you and Mr. P????

Foxfyre - how are you, how is your sister doing, any news on the CPAP for hub yet?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
Warm wishes for dealing with yet another difficult event, Phoenix. We buried my husband's brother-in-law who died of lung cancer less than a year ago. He was turning off his oxygen so he could chain smoke, right up to the end. And my mother might still be with us if it wasn't for her intense addiction to cigarettes. There have been many others. I don't fault anybody hooked on tobacco, but nobody can tell me that it doesn't hurt anybody.

Meanwhile my sister is undergoing treatment for chronic Pancreatitis (so far as they know--they don't seem to be sure) during her fourth hospitalization in a month but her memory lapses and irrational thought processes continue. It is a concern.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:06 am
Oh your post came in while I was typing out mine, Izzie, and thanks. I know what you mean about feeling sadness for somebody you never met but feel like you know.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:23 am
Noddy24 wrote:
As soon as I organize Mr. Noddy's emergency contact telephone numbers; the dog's pills; and my overnight bag, I'm calling the ambulance.

I'm very tired of being tired.

It doesn't seem like it's been two weeks, and yet in other ways it seems like longer.

Your pain and sadness is understandable to all of us here, Izzie. It may not be understandable to those around you who don't spend time here, but we understand and share your love and concern. Don't try to explain it. It just is.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:31 am
cjhsa wrote:
My father today forwarded an e-mail that he forwarded two weeks ago - which I told him was a fake then. Today I let him know it in no uncertain terms. We'll see if he remembers.

Well two weeks is almost forgivable re being 'normal'--we all get so many of those dang forwarded things that you don't always remember what all you've deleted or forwarded or whatever or which ones are the real deal and which ones are fake. (I have gotten in the habit of checking out the rumors on Snopes et al, however and if it is a fake I do what you did and return to sender with that information.)

My sis, however, can come to our house and watch a movie with us and laugh and enjoy it enormously and discuss the history of the stars at some detail. Two weeks later she won't remember having seen it.

And that is a worry. Uncertain whether the phenomena is due to early onset of dementia, or whether it is a syndrome related to the heavy pain medication.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 02:47 pm
Phoenix, Izzie and Foxfire, wishes to all of you for all the you are going through. To Walter too.

I'm sure many people aren't posting about their personal concerns because of the immediacy of Noddy's condition. Please know that you are in our thoughts.
0 Replies