Mental Decline & Dependency/Coping With Aging Loved Ones

Eva

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:57 pm
I stopped at the deli...this is just for Noddy.

http://www.koshermealstogo.com/images/CHICKEN%20SOUP.jpg
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:20 pm
Another little something to help with recovery

http://www.dreamstime.com/pile-of-books-thumb349108.jpg
0 Replies

omacneil

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:08 pm
Re: noddy24 ok / in hospital
Noddy24, will probably be out of the hospital Thursday.

While not likely to qualify for military service, she is in little danger of dying soon. Her potassium levels are now normal. Her other conditions are the same or somewhat better. The more unpleasant treatments have been postponed in the hope that the less unpleasant treatments will bring continued improvements.

Her original roommate was fond of books so the the TV was in an agreeable condition (off). Her current roommate likes TV and has many noisy relatives.

If Noddy is not available to post an update herself on Thursday, I'll post again then.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:13 pm
Thank you for your time and thank you for posting about Noddy.
Many hugs to you .
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:14 pm
hooray!!!

Thank you, omacneil.

May the current roommate give her extra motivation to get the hey out of there!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 04:20 pm
omacneil is a son - did you meet a bunch of us in Cambridge a few years ago? Or was that a different son? Thanks for keeping us updated. You're mom is special to us!

Tell her to be sure to keep a hold on her dominion.

And bring her some new Terry Pratchett novels.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 06:12 pm
It is Canada Day here (how's that for a boring name for a holiday?) It used to be known as Dominion Day, which led me to think of Noddy especially. I'm really happy to hear that she is holding her dominion on Dominion Day. I believe there will be fireworks later to celebrate Very Happy Thanks so much omacneil for letting us know!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 06:21 pm
Great to hear the news omacneil, look forward to Thursday, wondering how quick she'll be on-line. Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

omacneil wrote:
Noddy24, will probably be out of the hospital Thursday.

While not likely to qualify for military service, she is in little danger of dying soon. Her potassium levels are now normal. Her other conditions are the same or somewhat better. The more unpleasant treatments have been postponed in the hope that the less unpleasant treatments will bring continued improvements.

Her original roommate was fond of books so the the TV was in an agreeable condition (off). Her current roommate likes TV and has many noisy relatives.

If Noddy is not available to post an update herself on Thursday, I'll post again then.

Nice to see that the Noddian wit and pith is hereditary... thanks so much for the update.
0 Replies

Izzie

Love to Noddy - thinking of you xxxx look forward to seeing you back on the boards girl with the dominion held onto. x

Thanku omacneil.

(Happy Canada Day TC) x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 06:30 pm
Thanks, omacneil, and of course, hold your dominion.

RH
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2008 07:08 pm
sozobe wrote:
Nice to see that the Noddian wit and pith is hereditary...

That's what I thought when I read his post, too! Especially the "military service" bit. Laughing
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 07:21 am
I hope you're well enough to journey home today, noddy.

And, I hope you are able to focus on yourself once you get there.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 08:24 am
Yes, to all those of concern, best wishes and good vibes.

On the personal side, hubby underwent a test for sleep apnea this past weekend and was amazed how much the CPAP they put on him improved the quality of his sleep that night and how much better he felt the next morning. He had been dreading having to use that contraption like crazy and now he WANTS it. So when does he get his own? No less than four weeks - no more than six. Why? This is not rocket science nor an uncommon thing. Why does he have to wait?

Also, my older sister was taken to the hospital yesterday and admitted with pneumonia for which she is being treated. She is also suffering an extremely severe and painful case of thrush brought on almost certainly from all the antibiotics she has been treating herself with on top of those prescribed to take care of an infected tooth prior to extraction.

Moral of story: Do not take unprescribed medications other than OTC and use those sparingly. Side effects can be quite ugly and unpleasant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 09:36 am
Good about the attitude change on the cpap machine, Foxfyre.

And re your sister, that's quite worrisome - glad she is in professional hands now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 01:52 pm
Home and very tired.

Bachelor Hall was full of dirty dishes covered with mold. Mold can't be ignored.

Layered in the mess was nearly a week's worth of mail--including bills.

Had to get new scripts.

Mr. Noddy is not tracking--but there has been some slight improvement in the last 24 hours--since I've been home.

My Internal Poltergeist is doing much better without hospital routine. I can time meals and meds to suit the contrary beast. I have had very little gas and violent cramping today. This is a major improvement.

Thank you all for your kind wishes. I saved them for the end when mold and clutter had been conquered and I feel a little less weary after reading them.

More tomorrow.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 01:57 pm
http://www.the-saga.net/images/uploads/flowers/images/lilly.jpg
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 01:58 pm
Welcome Home, Miss Noddy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 01:59 pm
You do sound tired, noddy.

I'm glad you are well enough to be home, but wish that the homecoming was more conducive to rest.

Welcome back.

Continued best wishes for your recovery and on-going situations.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:59 pm
Whew! Glad that you are home, and on the mend. Very Happy
0 Replies