Mental Decline & Dependency/Coping With Aging Loved Ones

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:22 am
Dutchy- Thanks for the optimistic words. I was wondering if there were any other people on A2K who had gone through something related, and am thinking about starting a new thread on just that subject.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:03 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Dutchy- Thanks for the optimistic words. I was wondering if there were any other people on A2K who had gone through something related, and am thinking about starting a new thread on just that subject.

I don't believe that I know anyone who has needed an aortic valve replacement, but have two relatives and a close friend and a boss who have undergone open heart surgery. All sailed through with no problems. They looked like they had been through a war immediately after surgery, but felt pretty good all things considered and recovery was relatively quick. I don't know how old you are but one of these was in her late sixties, the other in his early seventies; the other two in their fifties.

Agreeing with others that you should accept all offers of help. People offer help because they want to offer help and it can actually be a kindness to accept it.
0 Replies

omacneil

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:10 am
noddy24 ok / in hospital
I'm sorry for not posting sooner.

I'm Noddy24's son. Friday she did call for a ride the ER and is in the hospital now.

Among other problems, her potassium levels are very low. She'll be in the hospital getting a drip of potassium until at least Tuesday.

She's stable, feeling much better and as near as we can tell, on the mend.

If she is not available to post status on Tuesday, I'll do that.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:14 am
Re: noddy24 ok / in hospital
omacneil wrote:
I'm sorry for not posting sooner.

I'm Noddy24's son. Friday she did call for a ride the ER and is in the hospital now.

Among other problems, her potassium levels are very low. She'll be in the hospital getting a drip of potassium until at least Tuesday.

She's stable, feeling much better and as near as we can tell, on the mend.

If she is not available to post status on Tuesday, I'll do that.

Welcome welcome Omacneil and thank you so much for reporting in. That is a kindness on your part too.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:15 am
Welcome Noddys son - very pleased to meet you.

Thanku for letting us all know. Noddy is a very special lady. Please send her our love and best wishes.

Best wishes to Mr.Noddy too.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:55 am
Omacneil - it is great to see your post here.

Thank you for the update from Noddy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 10:20 am
omacneil- So happy for the news. Thank you so much for posting. I have met your mom in person, and she is one helluva gal!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 11:11 am
omacneil, thanks so much! I'm glad Noddy is doing better.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 11:25 am
thank you SO much for giving an update.

It is appreciated by many Smile
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 11:27 am
Welcome and thank you for posting, omacneil.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 02:47 pm
On the mend is very good news, indeed. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, omacneil. We truly care about your mother and appreciate your efforts to keep us in the loop.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:14 pm
Thank you omacneil that is great news. Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 03:36 pm
thanks , omacneil for bringing us up-to-date !
hope that things will work out fine - given some time .
all the best to you , and let noddy know that she is much missed here .
hamburger
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 05:08 pm
omacneil, Thank you so much for the news. It's a relief to know she's doing better. She knows how much we worry. Give Noddy my love, please.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 05:16 pm
I just made a quick check-in call to Mr. Noddy. Seems he's about ready to have lunch.

He said that Noddy was talking about coming home on Monday. We talked about how it was nice to be home rather than in hospital - gave me a chance to mention how we all have to take good care of ourselves so we don't end up in hospital. We had a nice laugh about how boring it was to always do the right thing :wink:, but that the benefit of being at home was worth it.

Mr. Noddy can be quite a charmer.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 05:19 pm
Thank you for the update ehBeth, looks like things are looking up for Noddy, we'll have her back here before we know it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:52 pm
Here's hoping that the mending is progressing as expected and that Noddy will be back here with us soon.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:08 pm
My thoughts are with Noddy and wishes are for her to be here too...all better.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:11 pm
Wishing our Noddy gal all the best healing thoughts. xx
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 06:30 pm
http://www.discoverlife.org/IM/I_JP/0005/320/Dichelostemma_capitatum,_flowers,I_JP523.jpg
0 Replies