Fact: Ronald Reagan Was NOT Our Greatest President

hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:08 am
Consider this interesting video which dispels so many of the favorite bedtime stories GOPpers like

http://www.upworthy.com/fact-ronald-reagan-was-not-our-greatest-president?c=upw1
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 2,265 • Replies: 22

contrex

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 11:23 am
Only a deluded fool or ignoramus would ever think that Reagan was the greatest POTUS.
hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:03 pm
@contrex,
contrex says, "Only a deluded fool or ignoramus would ever think that Reagan was the greatest POTUS"

Did you watch the Republican Primary debates on TV?
contrex

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 12:52 pm
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:
Did you watch the Republican Primary debates on TV?

No, why would I?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:06 pm
@contrex,
That's one of the big problems with conservatives; they don't even know their own history about a) our national debt, b) economy, c) foreign relations, d) bigotry, and e) who the liars are.
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:15 pm
@hilbert,
He wasn't even a good actor! let alone good President.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:34 pm
Awwww.... that's so cute! Look how the left still hates on Saint Ronnie.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 01:54 pm
@McGentrix,
Who said anyone hates Ronnie? Your imagination is running over-time. Too bad you have a victim complex.
contrex

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 02:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Who said anyone hates Ronnie?

He or she actually wrote "hates on" Ronnie; I suspect hating "on" something or somebody is some kind of US idiom meaning commenting adversely or criticising...

Aha! Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
hate on

to insult or verbally attack someone. originally implied jelousy, now also used for more generally applied abuse.

also "male juvenile slang" (ibid)
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 02:31 pm
@McGentrix,
No one's "hating on" Ronnie. But it's good to keep the record straight. Reagan had a few good points. But he was very far from being even a "great" POTUS, let alone the greatest.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 02:47 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
The present conservative movement is far to the right of Ronnie. He would be considered a liberal conservative by todays conservative parties. Why I dont like his presidency is because he started the decent into bad government.
hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:01 pm
@contrex,
I watched those debates on TV, just to see which GOPper is the worst, and many of them referred to Reagan as our greatest POTUS since Lincoln
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:02 pm
I thought it was funny when he said "My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five minutes." I don't think they did, though.
0 Replies

hilbert

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:05 pm
@RABEL222,
The "good old days" were the years before Reagan
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 03:24 pm
@hilbert,
Maybe. Since I am retired I wouldent mind getting 18% interest on my savings rather than .75%.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 04:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Actually, "earning" .75% interest is losing your money, because inflation is 1.5 to 2%. After you pay taxes on that interest earnings (posted as other income on your tax return), it's actually a lot less than the .75%.

The best bet for your money is a) under your mattress - where you have liquidity, or b) in stocks that pay dividends more than the .75%.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 09:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
My wealth is under my mattress. All $500 worth.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 10:47 pm
@RABEL222,
Do you know why savers are being screwed? Banks charge double-digit interest rates on credit cards, and charge atrocious fees to keep your money in their bank. They even charge you fees to use your own debit card that is a direct transfer of your own money that you spend at shops. Banks are not a service industry; it's worse than a one-armed bandit, because they steal your money with your approval.

When they were ready to go belly up in 2008, the taxpayers saved their arses, and now they continue to screw the very people that saved them.

Go figure.

0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 03:56 am
@hilbert,
Ronald Reagan has been the best Republican President since Eisenhower.

Rap
raprap

Reply Thu 26 Jul, 2012 04:04 am
@raprap,
'elected' Republican President since Eisenhower.
0 Replies