Do you think if the mistake was caused by using template?

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 10:04 pm

I think why NYTimes has made such mistake is that they used to the convenience of text templates. The obituary of Sally Ride and the obituary of Boisjoly shared the same template. By carelessness, the editor mixed up the two.

Do you agree with me?

Context:

Correction: July 25, 2012

Because of an editing error, an obituary on Tuesday about Sally Ride, the first American woman to fly in space, referred incorrectly to the death of Roger Boisjoly, an engineer who testified about the explosion of the space shuttle Challenger before a panel that included Dr. Ride. Mr. Boisjoly died in January of this year, not in February. The obituary also misstated the name and the location of the Southern California high school Dr. Ride attended. It was Westlake School for Girls in Los Angeles, not Westlake High School in Beverly Hills.

MOre:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/24/science/space/sally-ride-trailblazing-astronaut-dies-at-61.html?hp

View best answer, chosen by oristarA
McTag
  Selected Answer

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2012 04:31 am
@oristarA,

Seems unlikely. There are only two errors referred to. This evidently was not caused by mixing up blocks of text, if that is what you mean by a "template".
It is an error in editing.
0 Replies