Enough is enough! Aurora, CO

hilbert

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:12 pm
Enough is enough! I am in a nursing home. I sure hope some “wanna-be-Rambo”, well armed with his bullet-proof vest, like in Aurora, CO, doesn’t throw a tear-gas canister in my room tonight and start blasting! The NRA has that worn out argument that an armed citizenry somehow protects us against our government, but to me to shoot a tank with a deer rifle or to shoot down an F-15 with a shotgun seems silly. Are we to allow “wanna-be Rambos” to carry lethal weapons around just to appease the NRA with their silly, delusional argument?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 2,534 • Replies: 12
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:21 pm
@hilbert,
Yeah, it was just a matter of time before an anti-gun nut brought this up.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:44 pm
@hilbert,
I share your consternation. Monterey Jack says my thoughts on this better than I can put together myself, more succinct:
http://able2know.org/topic/194075-3#post-5050187

Hilbert, I'm always glad to see your posts.

Who is the guy in your avatar? I could make guesses.
CalamityJane

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:00 pm
@ossobuco,
It's a picture of David Hilbert, one of the most influential mathematician.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:16 pm
@CalamityJane,
Thanks, CJane.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 10:41 pm
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:
Enough is enough! I am in a nursing home.
I sure hope some “wanna-be-Rambo”, well armed with his bullet-proof vest,
like in Aurora, CO, doesn’t throw a tear-gas canister in my room tonight
and start blasting!
Just tell your medical doctor that u r feeling
irrationally paranoid n ask for a nice sedative, Hilbert.
Take comfort in the fact that no one is attacking nursing homes.

hilbert wrote:
The NRA has that worn out argument that an armed citizenry somehow protects us against our government,
That 's part of it, Hilbert.
Government was explicitly deprived of any jurisdiction over a citizen's possession of guns by the Bill of Rights,
as a condition of government 's existence, for defense from the predatory violence of criminals, tyrants or animals
(e.g., bears, cougars, or packs of dogs).

hilbert wrote:
but to me to shoot a tank with a deer rifle or to shoot down an F-15 with a shotgun seems silly.
Are we to allow “wanna-be Rambos” to carry lethal weapons around just to appease the NRA with their silly, delusional argument?
No, its a question of what jurisdiction government has and does NOT have.
Government shud not function by USURPATION of power.

The USSC has said in D.C. v. HELLER
that it will consider a citizen's possession of heavier weapons in future litigation.

David
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2012 04:19 pm
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:
The NRA has that worn out argument that an armed citizenry somehow protects us against our government, but to me to shoot a tank with a deer rifle or to shoot down an F-15 with a shotgun seems silly.

Were we to have a proper militia as the Constitution demands, militiamen would have the right to have shoulder-fired anti-tank missiles and Stinger anti-aircraft missiles.

That said, unless a government is willing to commit genocide, guerrilla warfare can be quite effective in defeating a superior force.

hilbert wrote:
Are we to allow “wanna-be Rambos” to carry lethal weapons around just to appease the NRA with their silly, delusional argument?

The Constitution and civil rights are neither silly nor delusional, your disparagement of law abiding gun owners notwithstanding.
0 Replies

loyal1

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 11:54 am
I have heard this statement about shooting down F-15's and stopping tanks before. You need to talk to some servicemen and women. Everyone that I have discussed this with said they would be turning them on Washington. Remember, these are all someones father, mother, brother, or sister. Did you really think we would turn our guns against our own people???!!! When you think of the "government", don't be so quick to associate it with the military.
0 Replies

DavJohanis

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 12:09 pm
@hilbert,
Well put.
It really is not my place to say, but I think the amendments can be chosen to be postponed temporarily and restored.. To Equal martial law, which the military has (under the government, I am informed). Stockpiles not belonging in singular places to only the military would not be a bad idea.

I realise it is not required, but it makes every single person feel better to know they have equivalent force or at least a chance in front of those not born yet, who might hold entirely different views.. There, I said it.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2013 04:46 pm
@hilbert,
hilbert wrote:

Are we to allow “wanna-be Rambos” to carry lethal weapons around
just to appease the NRA with their silly, delusional argument?
No, not for THAT alleged reason,
but rather to defend the natural right
and the Constitutional right of each VICTIM to FIGHT BACK
against the predatory violence of man or beast.

Criminal predators will no more walk around un-armed
than thay will give up their beer, marijuana, nor heroin.

Only timid, law-abiding fools will allow themselves
to be disarmed, in violation of the Supreme Law of the Land.

David
0 Replies

genefog2

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2013 09:23 am
@hilbert,
So I guess a citizen who simply likes to own a gun and wants to carry one so his ability to fight back against an armed attacker represents the same thing to you as some movie hick played by a gun hater that was based on fantasy. Well, tellya what, I carry and I could care less for your rationalization because it is worse than fantasy. But hey, if you think being unarmed and empty handed in the face of a determined armed attacker is the way to go, then with a little luck it wont be that person who faces you down and shows you how utterly absurd that view is. Empty hand against armed attacker? Your dead. But if it makes you feel morally superior, then being dead and morally superior should work for you. Thankfully you dont control me or I would be disarmed over your image of some movie nut who was far from reality. Let me know when you actually see some guy roaming around like Rambo did. Rambo was a movie. Are cops Rambos to you? They have guns.
0 Replies

burbur123

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2013 10:41 pm
Guns are stupid and stupid are the people who love it

Javier
408 506 6011
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Jun, 2013 11:59 pm
@burbur123,
Inanimate objects have no intellect.
Apparently, u don't either.

David