Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere

aidan

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:05 pm
Huh?! If you have never feared crime against your person - why have you felt the need to carry a gun for SELF-DEFENSE your entire life - or since the age of eight?!

You know what? I don't understand it David. And reading these last few pages of you guys advocating the use of code words so family member doesn't shoot family member and all mothers giving their children weapons and teaching them how to clean them makes me cringe.
You all sound paranoid.
No wonder the rest of the world thinks all Americans are nuts.

All I can say is, thank goodness I had a different experience when I was growing up and lived there.

Anyway - have a nice day. I've got to go to work and listen to everyone comment on how violent and crazy we all are- I bet the joke will be 'All Americans are crazy-assed jokers'.
And you and your gun-loving cronies are contributing to that ****.
I can't defend it.
It just makes me sad.
roger

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:08 pm
@aidan,
Just for whatever you think it's worth, I only know of one person with a concealed carry permit, and no other who leaves the house armed. Could be some I don't know about, but honestly, a gun is a fairly difficult item to drag around while having it both conceled and available.
oralloy

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:28 pm
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Huh?! If you have never feared crime against your person - why have you felt the need to carry a gun for SELF-DEFENSE your entire life - or since the age of eight?!

You know what? I don't understand it David.

I can see why you don't understand it. You need to do away with that word "need" if you want to understand Americans exercising their rights.

We are not serfs. We never have to justify ourselves with any sort of reason when we decide that we are going to carry arms.

If an American carries a gun, it is not because they are afraid of something. It is because they've chosen to carry a gun.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:41 pm
that is completely absurd, oralloy. You will note the single thread that runs thru all David's paranoid posts: "self-defense, self-defense, self-defense". He is not carrying it to show some constiututional right, or simply to carry it. He's carrying it because he's afraid to face the world without it. You too.
MontereyJack

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:49 pm
Hey, Tico, you're absolutely right--kiwis! Great thought. Considering he completely outthought the vigilante-nuts like Oralloy and David, by coming in with body armor and night vision goggles, bullets would have had little effect , had any of the gun nuts actually shot at him and actually hit him, which is even more unlikely, but kiwis are eminently squashy and smeary, particularly when somewhat overripe. A couple good hits to the goggles with kiwis and he'd have been blinded. Good thinking outside the box--too bad there was no-one as produce-minded as you there.
farmerman

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:54 pm
@MontereyJack,
sounds like anold Monty Python routine where a drill sergeant is giving field instruction as to how to protect oneself while being accosted by "FRESH FRUIT"
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2012 11:59 pm
Waddayado if someun comes at yer with a ripe BUH-NAH-NA

--SergeantMajor Cleese
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:00 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
that is completely absurd, oralloy.

We are free people. We do not have to justify our decisions with any reasoning.

MontereyJack wrote:
You will note the single thread that runs thru all David's paranoid posts: "self-defense, self-defense, self-defense". He is not carrying it to show some constiututional right, or simply to carry it. He's carrying it because he's afraid to face the world without it.

No, he's carrying a gun because he chooses to carry a gun.

MontereyJack wrote:
You too.

I'm actually more concerned about hungry black bears than I am about two-legged predators.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:02 am
No, he's carrying the gun because he can't face the world without it. He's said so himself, incessantly.

Quote:
I'm actually more concerned about hungry black bears
. Fine, since there are no hungry black bears in probably at least forty of the fifty states, you should have no problem not carrying a gun, in, say, Boston or New York or San Francisco, unless you have a real problem with not carrying a fetishistic object with you at all times.
oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:03 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
vigilante-nuts like Oralloy and David, by coming in with body armor and night vision goggles, bullets would have had little effect , had any of the gun nuts

I know you hate our freedom, but there is no call for either namecalling or misleading terminology.

Self defense is not in any way vigilantism.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
No, he's carrying the gun because he can't face the world without it. He's said so himself, incessantly.

The only reason an American carries a gun is because they feel like doing it.

Americans never require a reason for choosing to exercise their rights.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:11 am
re oralloy
Since you've actually said if the occasional massacre is the price of your "freedom", your "freedom" is worth it, I think name-calling is completely deserved.
roger

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:12 am
@oralloy,
I own a reasonable (depending on your viewpoint) of handguns. In all honestly, there is not a single one that I would feel comfortable with around a hungry black bear. The handgun that might be okay functionally isn't something I would want to carry on an optional trip, and would never fire just for the fun of it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:15 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Huh?! If you have never feared crime against your person - why have
you felt the need to carry a gun for SELF-DEFENSE your entire life - or since the age of eight?!
I have felt the need to do so out of PRUDENCE & WISDOM, not out of fear, Rebecca.
I do not live in dread of flat tires, but I have a spare tire
in my trunk. I don't live in fear of fire, but I have a fire extinguisher.
I don't live in fear of heart attacks, but I take aspirin
and I carry health insurance.

In other words, Rebecca,
fear is unnecessary to be a motivation
to reach sound & competent decisions qua personal safety.

I have posted many times that, at age 8, I felt a very mild fear
of helplessness (unarmed) in regard to defending my home,
if that ever became necessary; that fear ENDED, when I got my first gun, a .38 revolver.
That fear has never returned.

aidan wrote:
You know what? I don't understand it David.
And reading these last few pages of you guys advocating the use of code words so family member
doesn't shoot family member and all mothers giving their children weapons
and teaching them how to clean them makes me cringe.
Dirty guns r un-reliable.

aidan wrote:
You all sound paranoid.
1. I remain acutely aware that NO one has any interest in me.
I am cognizant that NO one has ever followed me,
nor spied on me. That awareness is un-paranoid.
( except that I admit that I once had a girlfriend, named Alice,
who wanted me to tell her where I spent every hour of every day )

2. I have no code words
and I refuse to take responsibility for anyone else's opinions.
I don't know that gentleman & I don't necessarily agree
with all of his posts.

aidan wrote:
That 's because obama got elected.

aidan wrote:
All I can say is, thank goodness I had a different experience when I was growing up and lived there.

Anyway - have a nice day. I've got to go to work and listen to everyone comment on how violent
and crazy we all are- I bet the joke will be 'All Americans are crazy-assed jokers'.
And you and your gun-loving cronies are contributing to that ****.
I can't defend it.
It just makes me sad.
It woud have been a better end
to this theatrical event if everyone in that theater had been well armed
and returned fire on him, in front of the movie screen, as soon as he opened up.

Have a wonderful day at work, Rebecca.

David

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:18 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

re oralloy
Since you've actually said if the occasional massacre is the price of your "freedom", your "freedom" is worth it, I think name-calling is completely deserved.

I suppose you are next then......

JPB wrote:
You have an opinion that you're entitled to express, but when it devolves into name calling (yes, you) then you shouldn't be surprised when the A2K collective jumps on your ass.

http://able2know.org/topic/194075-8

Have a FUN time!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:19 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

re oralloy
Since you've actually said if the occasional massacre is the price of your "freedom",
your "freedom" is worth it, I think name-calling is completely deserved.
FOR THE RECORD:
(notwithstanding your name-calling) I refuse to compromize
MY Natural and Constitutional freedom,
and I join my sentiments with those of Oralloy.

Free American David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:27 am
@MontereyJack,
It is stupid to accuse me of being a vigilante.

I don 't go out chasing criminals.

David
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:29 am
And I join mine with the sentiments of the Founding Fathers, who were believers in the Social Compact and civil society, who would have thought you were chaos-loving nutballs
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:31 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:

And I join mine with the sentiments of the Founding Fathers, who were believers in the Social Compact and civil society, who would have thought you were chaos-loving nutballs
That is nonsense. U r a very poor historian; that's not much above JTT.

If I were not so lazy, I 'd quote them to u, to prove my point.

David
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 12:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

aidan wrote:
That 's because obama got elected.

I believe you are right. I doubt you understood her intent.
0 Replies