Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:20 am
Mass Shooting At Denver Batman Movie Premiere:

Guy in body armor and night vision goggles, with at least one shotgun and at least one rifle, shot up the audience right when the movie had a lot of shooting in it.

At this time they are saying 14 dead and 50 wounded, but those are preliminary figures that are sure to change.

http://cnn.tv/2012/07/20/us/colorado-theater-shooting/index.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 37 • Views: 82,697 • Replies: 1,905

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:42 am
@oralloy,
DAmn, Im all on pins and needles cause my nephew and his wife moved to Auraura in May and hes always been a superhero movie and Comic book fan.

Ive heard nothing from his ma (my wifes sister) and Im sick of the whole gun nut scene here in our country.

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 05:09 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
DAmn, Im all on pins and needles cause my nephew and his wife moved to Auraura in May and hes always been a superhero movie and Comic book fan.

Can you call or something? I know it's 5 AM there right now, but they might understand the early call given the circumstances.
farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 05:16 am
@oralloy,
Since I posted that my wifes sister called and said that her son and wife WERE gonna go to the premier but decided to skip it (shes pregnant)

Big sighs of relief ensued , but we are greatly saddened by the reports of the mass killing now that our kin lucked out because of discomfort .

Im not certain that there is only one multiplex theater in Auraura.

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 05:30 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Since I posted that my wifes sister called and said that her son and wife WERE gonna go to the premier but decided to skip it (shes pregnant)

That's a relief. I'm glad to hear it's turned out OK for you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:01 am
Thank God they're okay, Farmerman.

Man oh man what a horrible tragedy.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:27 am
@farmerman,
Sheesh.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:32 am
@farmerman,
Oh wow.... thank goodness they're OK.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:34 am

I just realized I get a Denver TV station (a superstation I guess, whatever that is) over satellite.

I switched over and just started listening, and they are now saying that it is 12 dead and 50 injured. But one of the dead is a three-month-old baby.

They are showing the shooter's evacuated apartment block live right now. Some guy with "FBI" on his vest is up on some sort of a lift on a utility truck, and he just broke all the glass out of his window and then ripped the shades out of the window, apparently so they can get a look inside before they enter the apartment.

EDIT: I'm not sure if they are counting the three-month-old as among the dead or wounded. I'd thought they said dead the first time, but they just covered it again, and it was kind of ambiguous.
oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:56 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
But one of the dead is a three-month-old baby.

EDIT: I'm not sure if they are counting the three-month-old as among the dead or wounded. I'd thought they said dead the first time, but they just covered it again, and it was kind of ambiguous.

They just clearly said the three-month-old was still alive, so I guess I misheard the first time.
dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:08 am
@oralloy,
I guess that's something to be happy about in all this.

Hope the poor little kid isn't an orphan, dammit.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:59 am
Any speculation about the gunman's motivation? I read this in yesterday's Guardian.

Quote:
A day after US rightwing commentator Rush Limbaugh tagged The Dark Knight Rises as an anti-Mitt Romney polemic for its use of a villain named Bane, one of the comic book character's creators has stepped into the spat to refute the claim.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jul/19/dark-knight-rises-mitt-romney?INTCMP=SRCH
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:35 am
If everyone in the movie theater were armed, none of this would have happened.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:36 am
Victims are being treated for chemical exposure apparently related to canisters thrown by the gunman. Some of those injured are children, including a 3-month-old infant who was shot.

A three-month old at the theater? This is why I don't go out to see movies any more.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:13 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:
I just realized I get a Denver TV station (a superstation I guess, whatever that is) over satellite.

They are showing the shooter's evacuated apartment block live right now. Some guy with "FBI" on his vest is up on some sort of a lift on a utility truck, and he just broke all the glass out of his window and then ripped the shades out of the window, apparently so they can get a look inside before they enter the apartment.

Heard on the news (still listening to that Denver superstation) that when they looked in the window, they did see a boobytrap. Guess it looks pretty scary.

Not a lot of details given about it, but from the way they talked about it, I get the impression that if they open the door to his apartment, the whole apartment will blow up.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:28 am
Federal law enforcement officials say the suspect in Friday’s deadly shooting in Colorado is James Holmes, a 24-year-old white American.

What the **** is wrong with white people?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:30 am
Some crazy, sad ****

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:35 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Spokeswoman Jacque Montgomery says 24-year-old James Holmes was a student at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver until last month. She did not know when he started school or why he withdrew.
Source
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:40 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:
What the **** is wrong with white people?

Oh man, if Snood and JTT show up, this thread is fucked.
Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 09:49 am
@joefromchicago,
Clearly, it's a case of not enough presence of melanin!
0 Replies