Do you boycott certain businesses?

jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your business doesn’t but you obviously do and you own the business! Yeah that makes a world of difference!

Most in the gay community in your area would not spend money in your restaurant knowing that, and its not just the gay community, its their friends and family as well.

Most gay couples don’t have kids, usually two successful people working and have the money to spend eating out. We like to spend our money helping business that help us.

I love this I read today!

Quote:
Chick-Fil-A May be Banned in Boston

http://www.advocate.com/business/2012/07/20/chick-fil-may-be-banned-boston
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Maybe because the things you do and say have consequences for the business you own.

Sucks, I know, when you get your rocks off running around being a jerk to people.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:10 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Shaking up people who's beliefs do not appear to be supported by the facts is a public service.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:12 pm
I never liked eating at chic filet anyhow.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Shaking up people who's beliefs do not appear to be supported by the facts is a public service.

Nobody asked you to perform that public service, funded you to do so, or appreciates your doing so. It's just your way of being an ass.

Tell ya what. Why not put your money where your mouth is and tell everyone where that restaurant o' yours is? If you really don't care about the consequences of your speech, own it.

Cycloptichorn
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:18 pm
@jcboy,
so wait....to be kosher with your little band now I need to commit my business to helping your pet political cause??

If you are that militant and small minded then I don't want your business enough to jump through the hoops you set up for me. I prefer to support by example tolorance and open mindedness and debate and basic ******* human respect for each other. I want to be a place for all people to come together and break bread together, hopefully learning a little about each other. We don't have enough places like that today because of creeps like you.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:22 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I don't care about the consequences of my speech? I just said I did but let me be more clear....I indend for the consequences of my speech to be an improved collective for me to live in. I care...a lot.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:25 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
I don't want your business

Well it’s not like you have to worry about that, you wouldn’t get my business. Chances are with your attitude and lack of personality it won’t be there this time next year anyway, now just where is this diner of yours anyway?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:27 pm
@jcboy,
are you familiar with the green river murders?
jcboy

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:29 pm
@Rockhead,
No but I'll google it, wait until I find the name of that diner! is it Mels? Cool

Is it Seattle? boy now there is one large Homo community in that city! been there several times Cool
Rockhead

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 05:14 pm
@jcboy,
wrong side of the state.

it's very civilized on the coast...
Mame

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 06:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Isn't he in Carl Hiaasen's Everglades?
0 Replies

Keith424

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:13 pm
@jcboy,
Nice! I recently read their restaurant was booted from a college campus!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:29 pm
I trust all reading know I am not in agreement with hawkeye on almost everything. I think we agreed about Libya for a bit.
I don't like his business being a target.
No one went after me with my last business and I appreciate that.

I think that's out of bounds.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:30 pm
@Keith424,
Keith424 wrote:

Nice! I recently read their restaurant was booted from a college campus!

One of big contract foodservice companies had a lot of trouble keeping their university contracts after the students started to protest their business practices. This is one place where I see real trouble for ChickWhatever
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:36 pm
We have a few hotels in town, big hotels that were built by a catholic bigot.
He spent $125k to get Prop. 8 (gay marriage) defeated here in California.
His hotels were all boycotted and initially he also thought it's just a small group.
Think again, not only did the gay community boycott his hotels, entire groups who booked their conventions here settled for other hotels even though the bigots hotels are right next to the convention center and very convenient for conventions and other venues.
His hotels started suffering considerably, even to the point where the hotelier tried to do damage control and embrace the gay community and being very apologetic. All in all he lost $7 million in one year only. He sold the hotels in 2011.

You are never too small or too big to feel the impact of a boycott and rightfully so. I think I would picked hawkeye's restaurant if I lived in his town.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:43 pm
@CalamityJane,
I see your point.
For me it is not about his antimarriage stance, which he is welcome to have as retrograde as it is, and I would boycott if I lived there, but it is about the demeaning, ridiculous demeaning, of Marco, which is personal.

However, I don't like to see a vendetta forming on a2k re a poster expressing his views.

Bad form to get into, targeting a poster.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 07:53 pm
@ossobuco,
I don't marry anyone, and I have no more say over who does than does any other schmo, so what difference does my opinion on marriage rightfully make to your dinning choices? What comes next....will I have to post my voting record on the door so that you can see if I am the right sort of person to be your restaurnteur before you come in??

Is privacy and the right to our own opininons really as retrograde as they seem?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
I understand avoiding places that actively promote that which I don't like. Get over it.

You messed up my wording. I think your opinions are generally retrograde and that you have a right to them. Can you not read?
Here I am defending that you as a business owner can have certain opinions and express them on a2k, and not deal with some kind of targeting of your business for those expressions. I think that would be a slippery slope.

Your last sentence is a real winner for confusion.

JeffreyEqualityNewma

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 08:37 pm
@ossobuco,
I disagree, those who want to be discriminatory and speak out against minority rights deserve to be boycotted.