Positive drug stories

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 11:49 pm
A great man once said, "Not all drugs are good . . . some of them are great." I'm dedicating this thread to all the people out there who experimented with drugs and did not end up broke, homeless, or dead.

In college I remember we used to hang out in my Resident Assistant's (R.A.) room after smoking pot and listening to this really stupid song called "Children of the Sun", by some guy named Billy Thorpe. My R.A. had this red light bulb that he would put on for just such occasions, and we would all eat potato chips and play air-drums. It was a blast.

Not all drug stories are bad. Do you have a positive one to share?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,005 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:14 am
I ended up broke, but managed to save more, because I amazingly managed to keep my job through it all. I'm not homeless or dead, though at times I see it as pure luck that those weren't the results.

But I'll never accept that drugs won't eventually lead to bad places.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 07:24 am
Yeah, sure... I smoked dope in college too.

Took me ten years to get over it. You really can't go into a job interview and say 'I majored in pinball' and expect a position.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 08:20 am
When I saw the title, I thought of the time my company reported a positive to some guy's drug test, and he threatened to blow us up because we screwed up. Well, we were (and I'm sure they still are) a highly accurete automated system, and would ace their certifications every time.

But that's the only 'positive' drug story I have.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 09:59 am
No. Only drug I've done is smoked pot(not alot), and every time I did I turned into a braindead moron. Not liking feeling like a female driver, I never really got into it.

Besides, I've heard many times from friends, "imagine if this kid was on drugs?"
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 10:21 am
Something else from the great genius that I quoted in the original post.

"You never see a positive news story on drugs, which is strange, because most of the times I've had on drugs were . . . well, pretty f*cking positive! I'd like to see a positive drug story on the news just once . . .

'Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is just energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves . . . here's Tom with the weather!' "
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 10:24 am
I've experimented and nothing bad ever happened. I don't like pot, for the same reason as Slappy - I feel stupid on it. I think cocaine is a waste of money. I like hallucigens, but it's been years and I likely will never take them again. Never tried anything else illegal.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 11:53 am
I experimented as well...grew up in the inner city and went to college--amazingly college was less of a drug haven than the growing up was, so I was lucky to get out of that environment. I'm doing alot better than my parents did so, thats a big positive thing I think but, things couldve been alot better with a better parental base to begin with.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 01:29 pm
I tried most every available drug in college and found that I don't like being out of control of my faculties. That's not to say I won't occasionally take a drink or a puff… but I could never make a habit of drugs because I get aggravated if my brain won't function properly.

I once took part in an "intervention". We surrounded a drug addict by loved ones and told her we were there to help. We had hoped by showing her that all the people who cared about her could put aside their differences, and demonstrate that we were all in agreement that she needed help, that she'd see the light. ("Baker Act"-ing was not an option; as it had been done before and was met with a promise of suicide if it ever happened again.) Ah, the best laid plans… Said addict, responded irrationally, believed there was a conspiracy to hurt her, and vowed to end her miserable life once and for all. She responded like a surrounded wounded animal, struck out at those nearest and even tried to jump from a balcony several floors from the ground. Realizing that my peers and I were in way over our heads; I called an expert… And got the advice I least expected… She told me to arrange to get her some drugs and tell her that's where I was going! Not believing this was right, but knowing I wasn't qualified to decide on my own, I followed the advice verbatim. It took about 20 minutes to arrange and pick up the drugs from a friend of a friend. When I returned I learned that a metamorphosis had occurred almost immediately when I left to get the drugs. Calm had swept over the addict, now secure in the knowledge that she would get her drugs, and she was now sleeping like a baby. This is a story about a seemingly intermediate strength pill-popper. I can only imagine the horrors faced by those addicted to worse substances. Idea
I guess you could say the drugs I went to pick up did some good, but overall, this is not a positive story. If I so desired, I could use drugs recreationally without fear of addiction… and I don't think it is the governments job to protect me from me. But, I suspect those of us who can use drugs without bad side-effects, are usually the ones who choose not to. Idea
Small aside; I do know people who smoke pot like I smoke cigarettes. I find it laughable that society thinks they need to intervene. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:43 am
Joe Walsh once said that it's hard to meditate on amphetamines...

I disagree!
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 05:38 am
It's easy to meditate on amphetamines. It's the ultimate thought focusser (is that a word?). screws up everything else in your life though.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 06:05 am
I have lots of positive drug experiences - they have been fun and happy social events for the most part.

Mind you, I never used more than very casually - as most folk I know did/do.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:41 am
Ditto.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 11:41 am
Has anyone ever tried acid? I was always afraid I would be one of those idiots who thinks he can fly and ends up jumping out a window.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 12:28 pm
I have. I didn't get the urge to do anything more stupid than climb trees.
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 12:41 pm
My first trip I climbed trees.

My last trip I fantasized about doing great violence to a neighbor. Decided that was close enough.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:10 pm
ooooh, yeah, glad I quit while the going was good.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:18 pm
I tried it once... I didn't do anything TOO dangerous or anything, but I did end up... um... doing something .. that I ya know.. wouldn't normally have done, and I was very embarrassed about later....

This thread makes me want to ask... cuz I'm curious... I know pot is pretty harmless and all that to most people.. but is anyone else allergic to it? The few times I've smoked, I ended up in the hospital.. I had seizures and my white blood cells started attacking my healthy ones... wierd eh? Just wanting to know if anyone has ever heard of anything similar.

I agree Wilso... tis my "drug of choice" but it can easily take over if you aren't careful. Most people talk about they don't do drugs because they dont' like feeling like they don't have control over themselves... speed is the exact opposite, used recreationally, of course.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:31 pm
soserene - a FEW TIMES? Once wasn't enough? I'm glad you figured it out! I have a bad reaction to it. It gives me a headache and makes me want to throw up. I love, however, sitting in a room full of pot smoke to steep for about 15 minutes.
0 Replies

soserene

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:40 pm
Lol.. I haven't "indulged" since I was about 17... so, it took a couple times to figure out that that is actually what it was, and after that... the normal stubornness of youth trying to "say it isn't so"
0 Replies