Is this considered child abuse?

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 02:29 am
I have no idea if I am the required age for this forum since I did not see anything about age limits. I'm currently 11.

My mom calls me words such as: jerk,b****,a**,a******, and other names
For a long time she has yelled and struck me and my brothers. Recently my baby sister was born and she also has started calling her minor bad names. She's struck, slapped, pinched, bruised, pushed, and scratched me and my brothers. She has "verbally outraged" on me and my brothers many times but never physically. Once in a while she and my stepdad will get into verbal arguments but never physical.

I've gotten into three fights at school. Once protecting my friends, once for no reason(I didn't start the fight.), and once because someone was trying to steal from me. I've gotten straight A's all year until 5th grade. My grades then fell to B's and A's. On progress reports an unexpected F. But my grades gradually became better. I was a shy and quite kid. I was unpopular but that didn't really matter to me. People often teased me and I fell asleep in class twice(I suspect it's my fault).

She and my biological dad became divorced when I was young. My dad constantly lied when I asked when mom would come back. I can't remember the night she left me and my biological dad. The court said that I would see my mom but had to live with my dad. I longed for the days when we were a happy family. Sadly on my mothers birthday I was supposed to see her and we'd go to dinner or lunch together. But my father took me and my brothers to somewhere.

I've always though that my mother only did this because she had to work on the nightshift, feed a family, and had a divorce but now I don't think it's just that. Maybe it might be from something else?

My mom has always had high expectations of me. She and I once got into a fight. I yelled at her saying "I'm not perfect! Why can't you love me for the person I am! Not everything has to be perfect in this world!" She told me that "In this house it is going to be." Those fights are supposedly long gone now.

I've noticed I've gone a little far with my story. I probably got carried away. Thank you for reading my story.

jcboy

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 04:53 am
@musical9,
Quote:
You must be thirteen (13) years or older to use the service according to U.S. law.

You type well for an 11 year old.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 04:57 am
@musical9,
Quote:
Recently my baby sister was born and she also has started calling her minor bad names.

Please explain .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 14 Jul, 2012 10:54 am
@musical9,
First of all, you are NOT 11 years old.

I teach 11 year olds. Your word usage and writing skills are a dead giveaway. Are you the mother in question?

Once you are honest with us, you may get some responses. But don't take us for fools.
jcboy

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 07:40 am
@Eva,
I was thinking the same thing, maybe it is the mother, and if it is she should at least be honest if she wants advice from folks on here. I’ve learned a lot from various members of this forum.

No way is that an 11 year old.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 08:24 am
@Eva,
Could be that it's an innocent bystander or an older (but still a minor) relative or a neighbor? Just guessing. Not much of a chance that's an 11-yr-old, though. Deception on A2K is often outed quickly. Straight-forward request for advice more often than not yields well thought out advice.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 08:36 am
@musical9,
I don't really care about how old you are or aren't.....

Yes, the behavior you describe is abusive.

I don't follow your story though --your mom and dad divorced when you were young and you don't get to see your mom very often (ever?). When is this abuse occurring?
sozobe

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 08:39 am
I have no particular opinion as to whether this is an 11-year-old or not, but I could easily imagine mine writing this. I don't think it's impossible, at all. (I can copy and paste some things she's written if anyone doubts that.) This, especially, is an error that I see a lot in typewritten communication:

Quote:
I was a shy and quite kid

("Quiet" and "quite" getting mixed up.)

Again, not saying that this IS an 11-year-old -- who knows. But I'm the parent of an 11-year-old and think it's quite possible.

Meanwhile, to get to answering the post:

Musical9, are you mostly concerned about your baby sister, or yourself at this point?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 09:14 am
@musical9,
WELCOME to the forum, Musical9
whatever your age is. I hope that u will enjoy it in the best of health.
( I agree with Soz that kids can be smart & represent themselves well, depending on the individual. )

In my opinion, the best way to figure out the answer
to your questions is to analyze whether u r better off
remaining IN your present housing accomodations, or not.

U can take a sheet of yellow legal pad paper,
draw a vertical line down the middle
and list the pros (advantages) and the cons (disadvantages)
of your present domestic situation and then compare them
and decide which side is more important to u,
but look before u leap, because sometimes
there is no going back if u make the rong choice.

David
musical9

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 11:23 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Actually, I really am 11 years old. This year I'll be turning 12.

I'm mostly concerned about my baby sister even though my mom doesn't bother her much. I don't plan on moving to my dad's house yet, as he has no house and has gone to jail due to lack of child support.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 15 Jul, 2012 11:36 pm
@musical9,
musical9 wrote:
Actually, I really am 11 years old. This year I'll be turning 12.
U shud take it as a compliment
that some here (including a teacher of 11 year olds)
deemed u to be a lot older than 11.

musical9 wrote:
I'm mostly concerned about my baby sister even though my mom doesn't bother her much.
U see her as being in danger??
Incidentally, r u male or female ?

From your perspective, what do u care about most in life ?
What is IMPORTANT to u?

David
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2012 07:33 am
@boomerang,
I agree - I can't follow either:

You said this:
Quote:
The court said that I would see my mom but had to live with my dad.

But then you are talking about living with your mother? Then further you say your dad is in jail...I don't quite understand, can you live with your mother? Is there a reason that you aren't supposed to live with your mother? Reading between the lines or perhaps guessing - there is a reason you are not supposed to be living with your mother (maybe some of those is because of her past behavior that you noted above).

If so, even if your dad went to jail and you are only supposed to visit with your mother, wouldn't the court have you stay elsewhere?

And you also mentioned your brothers staying with your dad...why isn't your baby sister also staying with your dad?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 01:15 am
@musical9,
So, IDK I am gathering that you were living with your Dad, but he is now going to jaol so you are now living with your Mother, but you don't really want to live with her as she was not in your life the way you expected, or wanted her to be, plus in addition you feel that she is verbally abusive to you.

So, are you looking for a way out? How to get her into trouble and so they take you away and put you into a Foster Home? Is that what you want?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2012 03:39 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I agree - I can't follow either:

You said this:
Quote:
The court said that I would see my mom but had to live with my dad.

But then you are talking about living with your mother? Then further you say your dad is in jail...I don't quite understand, can you live with your mother? Is there a reason that you aren't supposed to live with your mother? Reading between the lines or perhaps guessing - there is a reason you are not supposed to be living with your mother (maybe some of those is because of her past behavior that you noted above).

If so, even if your dad went to jail and you are only supposed to visit with your mother,
wouldn't the court have you stay elsewhere?

And you also mentioned your brothers staying with your dad...

why isn't your baby sister also staying with your dad?
Because she has not been convicted???????? Maybe ?
0 Replies