Women in a mans world.

dlowan

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 05:40 pm
Both have to pass fitness standards...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:38 pm
au, the best on-the-street police officer I've ever known is now a major in our police department. She may run for mayor. She also has a black belt in karate. She kicks butt! Not to mention that she has sharpshooter ranking with both pistol and rifle.

BTW, she also has long, black wavy hair, fake fingernails and a great figure. She is as feminine as they come.

Just don't make her mad. Wink
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 06:41 pm
One of the senior instructors for JKA of Baltimore was a BCPD officer. Cute, cuddly, deadly! Very Happy
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:11 pm
A, I didn't only discuss the new commisioner - I stated " I know some people who don't agree with women being firefighters or police women. I also don't believe that they would reject needed help from them when the time came. Maybe for them it 's a matter of choosing a woman's help over death. But, if not, then that would be ok with me, too.
"

So there you go. I know many police woman who do battle on the streets daily. I know only a couple of woman firefighters. They do the same job and have the same accomplishments as the men in their departments, so it's really a non-issue here. I don't know thatany problems or even special mentions if there is a woman sworn in with men. It just is.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:21 pm
deleted - double post
0 Replies

L R R Hood

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 10:14 am
Aside from the rape, which is intolerable in any circumstance, the college athletes all over the country get away with way too much illegal activity. As they stated on the news, these young people are "cash cows" for the schools, and the schools will do whatever it takes to keep these illegal activities out of the light of day.

Anyone who is the "first" at doing something, is "tempting fate" for the unknown, but these people are very important in our world! When I say "tempting fate", though, I'm not meaning that they are asking for something illegal to be done to them... I mean that they are testing the grounds of natural human behavior... and trying very hard to set a precident (sp?) for those to follow in their footsteps. Someone has to be first, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be violated like the female kicker was.

If a woman (or man if the case is reversed) is willing to deal with the hardships that naturally accompany the role of being the only woman in a field, or an office, or group... then they should be more than welcome to do that... and they should not be overlooked when a crime is imposed upon them.

There ARE femal football teams. And you see the femal kicker on the mens team because that is the one position where she probably won't be tackled.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 01:51 pm
Don't go into the firemen and police thing yet! I haven't thrown my hat into the ring on the sports question!

First of all, I think that women should be allowed to join whatever sport they want, as long as they are talented enough to compete at the level of a man. That being said, I don't think women can compete at that level, generally speaking. Secondly, they should be aware that they are absolutely setting themselves up for that kind of behavior, especially when it comes to college football. But it's not because men are vicious, sex-crazed, predatory morons; it's because men who play college football are vicious, sex-crazed, predatory morons! These guys for the most part are pitiutary retards that like to eat protein shakes, lift weights, and bang their skulls together for god's sake! They aren't rocket scientists! They are morons, and that's what morons do!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 02:06 pm
When it comes to police and firefighters . . . if they can pass the physical and psychological tests, no problem. The problem is that these tests are set up in order to have the best-trained and most qualified people, and I think there are some who would have them lower the standards in order to accommodate women. That doesn't make any sense at all to me.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:19 pm
So what's wrong with drinking protein shakes and lifting weights?

DON'T MAKE ME KICK YOUR ASS, SEABASS!!!!!! I'LL HEADBUTT YOU SO HARD YOUR MAMA'S MAMA WILL BE FEELING IT, SUCKA!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2004 03:27 pm
Slappy, protein shakes have been found to significantly decrease penis length and girth. Also, inexplicably, they create sexual fantasies about midgets in George Bush masks.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 03:09 am
What are you saying au...women somehow aren't good enough to do these jobs and therefore deserved to be raped, because they dared enter a man's world. By the same token, male nurses or daycare workers should expect to be fondled or abused, I'm on the right track right?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 08:12 am
Ceili
Nothing of the sort. Somehow the fact that I was asking a question or rather two has escaped you and the one who seems to have gotten her panties twisted. A women by placing herself in the rough and tumble word of men sports, in particular football is upping the odds that sexual harassment will occur. Regarding my opinion as to whether a women should enter that world. Like it or not I say they should not. There was a physical difference between men and women' at least there was the last time I looked. Viva la difference.
And no you are not on the right track.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:38 am
Ooga Ooga let's perpetuate the genderized roles Rolling Eyes

It's very limiting, and it's really should be scraped. Gender is really a religion, in that it is based in bs, and it causes much whack jobbery.

So please Au lose the loin cloth and give yourself a shave.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 10:46 am
wenchilina

I am very comfortable in my lion cloth and dragging the women into my cave. Far more comfortable than with females trying to prove they are real men. ooga ooga right back at you.
0 Replies